1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffs Options after 6p+k(hit)>66pp?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by KiwE, Mar 2, 2005.

1. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

What are good Jeff mixup options after [6][P]+[K]>[6][6][P][P]? Also, in Japan nobody TR's after [6][6][P][P], probably cause of the risk of getting hit in the back. I've read in Hiros post that you can connect a fast [4][6][6][P]+[K] against someone who still tries this but I'm having a lot of trouble connecting with it in training.

So, what are good/creative options against someone QR'ing after [6][6][P][P] and against someone who TR's?

Thanks for the help.

/KiwE

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

jeff's 6p+k QR options

I don't know how much of this applies to FT...the following reflects the scrubby play of my evo Jeff.

[6][6][K] with proper timing your QR'ing opponent must block (you can't evade immediately after QR) giving Jeff +1 and nice spacing for Jeff. I'm pretty sure all attacks by the opponent out of the QR get MC'd. VS TR the timing is different so you've gotta watch.

Honestly I don't have this one TR'd vs me a bunch, which tells me that when it has been tried, I've done something nasty...I don't have said nasty catalogued in the ol' noggin though.

[6][K]+[G] For kicks you can announce "One Mississippi" when you throw this one out there since it executes in just under three months time. A good move vs a variety of rising kick situations & vs ETEG or evade throwers, it isn't a terrible try directly after the [6][6][P][P] because of the necessity to guard [6][6][K].

[1][K] (full charge) this one exists in theory fighter land for me since mixups between the above two and stomps are all you really need. I imagine this is worth a shot, though distance might be a factor...this is neither match nor training mode investigated by me & I haven't seen the greatest number of jeff vids so...look into it I suppose. Richard will probably just [3][P]+[K] me. If they eat it though, damage is pretty nasty & you've probably set up a low throw outta nowhere somewhere later on down the line.

There's always throw.

And there's always the opponent who doesn't QR. Ground throw/pounce/stomp depending on what you think you can get away with.

[4][6][6][P]+[K] beats high moves too, so it's somewhere in the toolbox.

Others know lots more than me, fer sure /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif[6][P]+[K]

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: jeff's 6p+k QR options

Yeah [6][6]+[K] and [1]+[K] full charge are both pretty juicy options, and both give you advatage on block. A coulpe other options:

[2]+[K]+[G] I'm pretty sure can be timed so that they can't evade on QR, and it'll hit if they don't tech. Not sure if doing both requires different timing tho cause I can't test right now.

If you want to throw, you should do [K]~[G] first since they get up crouching.

Let's see...you could do [3]+[K]+[G] from a distance. If it gets blocked, it's only -3 and you're far away, so it's totally safe.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

[4][3]+[P]+[K] --> light down attack works if the opponent stays on the ground, it does 7pts more damage than [2]+[K]+[G], light pounce however you can't adjust the timing to make it hit if he does a QR. So you have to be sure he will stay down.
    Threat stance [P]+[K] can be a substitute for [6]+[K]+[G] it has the same use but may be useful for variety or if the opponent tries to sabaki the kick.

5. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

What about doing[4][3][P][P]. It does a bit more damage than [6][6][P][P] and is easy to execute.

6. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[4][3]+[P][P] is good, but it doesn't give as good wakeup as [6][6]+[P][P]. For instance, I'm pretty sure they can evade a [6][6]+[K] after QR, but if you end with [6][6]+[P][P] you can do [6][6]+[K] early enough to not be evadeable.

That cool [4][3]+[P]+[K] setup won't work either after [4][3]+[P][P]. It's still a good followup though. Does like 2 points more damage and allows for similar wakeups, just not the fancy stuff you need a lot of time for.

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good replies so far.

[ QUOTE ]
    After f+P+K -> f,f+PP, you can use f,f+K (you need to delay K a bit so that Jeff steps forward a bit.) Then, you can place f,f+K in fron of the opp when he gets out of QR. (i.e. he can not dodge when he gets up.) In that case, you will have SmAd- MidAd since you have made the opp defend the second frame of the
    attack. If the opp attacks, you can hit him by d+P with MC. Also, if the opp TRs, then, f,f+K will hit him from the back. (Anyway, he probably won?t TR after
    stomach CB. If he does, even the fastest b,f,f+P+K is guaranteed as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this was the quote that I was pretty much interested in (interesting about the adv cause of second frame). I.e; can you use the same timing and hit them with a [6][6][K] wether they QR or TR? And, how do I connect with [4][6][6][P]+[K] against a TR'er (what are my other options, I'm doing freakin [3][K] mostly atm). I need to really make TR's hurt in order to ensure a QR situation basicly I think and [4][6][6][P]+[K] would be awesome but can't connect it. Tips on TR (pretty much covered QR now)?

Btw I really love this situation with Jeff, so many options seriously... Hadn't thought about [3][K]+[G] and works great, that launcher is really underrated (even from spacing).

/KiwE