1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kamaage: VF5R for console effort

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by kamaage, Jan 15, 2010.

1. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Dear Sega,

I've been playing VF for over a decade and it seems that each time the arcade version matches the console version, the game gets some traction and starts to grow new players. When there is a new arcade version and an out of date console version, players begin to lose interest.

No matter how good your product is, when it loses that NEW gloss (or worse yet, becomes OUT OF DATE) even enthusiastic customers will move to something else.

The consistent VF updates in the arcades make it clear that this is Sega's strategy, when it comes to the arcade. It seems to me with today's global market & console/arcade parity that Sega could earn much more money finding a way to offer customers the world over the same products the world over, whether they experience the product at home or at the arcade center. Everyone wants to be part of the new.

Thankyou for your time,

Fred Simonson
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

2. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    Dear Sega,

I joined the VF scene at VF5 and it pretty much changed my gaming life. Before, I never gave fighters much thought, and now its one of my favorite genres why? because VF5 made me realize how amazing fighting games can really be. VF5 inspired me to play other fighting games, but sadly I was disappointed EVERY TIME. No other game is as amazing as VF, no other game has the amazing balance and extremely deep fighting system that allows mind-games to the degree that VF does. Tekken, Blazblu, Streetfighter, Soulcaliber, have NOTHING on VF and its impossible for me to play them now that I have experienced Virtua Fighter.

So do yourself, and the world a favor. Keep the world UP TO DATE on VF releases! The only reason your game isn't selling is because of poor marketing, and a lack of a good tutorial system for new players. You put up some commercials, add a tutorial system, and your game WILL SELL and you will make MUCH MORE MONEY than those shitty sonic games your releasing. But instead, you don't update the game for YEARS, and allow every other major fighting game to release new games, what franchise are people going to buy? The one that treats there customers right and supplies them with the up to date games? Or the one that HURTS AND IGNORES THEIR FANS!

Do you know one of the best marketing techniques in the world? Word of mouth SEGA. When your releasing shitty sonic games instead of releasing your BEST MOST RESPECTED FRANCHISE, who is going to tell their friends about how awesome sega is? Who is going to tell their friends to buy VF5 when they know the scene is DYING because SEGA refuses to port their game to the rest of the world on console. Every day a hardcore fan is leaving to a franchise that actually supports their fans and your doing NOTHING to stop this.

I love VF, every person that knows me knows I love it, and what do I get for this love? NOTHING! SEGA don't make me dump you for a franchise that actually shows it cares. You have so much potential don't ruin it.

3. DARK_SCALLION

DARK_SCALLION New Member

Dear Sega,

This may be first post here, but that doesn't make me any less of a VF fan. I have been playing the series since VF4:Evolution, and while I amn't the most skilled of players I enjoy the game immensely.

A decision to not release this everywhere would be ridiculous, and an insult to your fans who have been following your series for so long. So do yourselves a favour and let the whole world enjoy this update, to a most respected game series.

John Green
    Limerick, Ireland

4. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Forgot to add name/location. I'll also add that I got a Dremcast primarily to play VF3, I got my first arcade stick for the home for VF4 on PS2, VF4 and VF4:Evo were two of my most anticipated games on PS2, and I got a PS3 much earlier than I intended at a higher price to play VF5 as well as a Virtua Stick High Grade.

Neelan Thana
    London, England

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

Dear Sega,

Please bring VF5:R to the consoles in the US. I've been a long time fan of the series ever since VF2. I bought VF5 the very first day it came out for the XBox360 and I have to say it was a blast. I am especially overwhelmed by the Netcode and internet gameplay that Virtua Fighter 5 had. It was by far the best online fighting experience I had even to this day. Such nuisances such as lag and disconnection was rare and frame rate was practically lagless. I cannot even begin to compare VF5's Online playability with other fighting games of the same genre. Most of my fighting game enthusiastic friends would have said the same.

Please consider this Sega. With all the fighting games that are competing out on the market, it just doesn't feel right to have one franchise missing out.

Kong Yan
    Merced, California, USA

PS: I would also like Valkyria Chronicles 2 brought stateside as fast as possible [​IMG]

6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Dear Sega,

Been a VF fan since VF2 on the Saturn and have never looked back since. In fact ever since your company stopped making consoles the only reason I purchased other consoles was because of VF. It wasn't until VF5 that I first started entering tournaments and found more people to play with, whom I would later make friends with. The scene here in WA has taken a hit but there are people, like myself, who just can't put the game down despite there being more competition in other games.

People who didn't get to play VF5 during it's heyday here, are playing this and asking about R, wondering if it's going to come out. I would hope to see an R release so we can add it to our list of games in tournaments that bring in a 100+ people every weekend. Until then I'll still be watching VF5R matches and scratching my head as to why such a good game was never released outside of Japan. On a side note if there is another VF5 after R just wait to release that, but if not, please don't abandon the fans outside Japan.

Sincerly,

Michael Bartling Jr.
    Seattle, WA USA

7. gl0ry

gl0ry Well-Known Member

I don't really have too much to add but I wanted to point out that as you can see here by the many fans, we come from all over the world.

Sega not releasing VF5R on console is really hurting all the fans outside of Japan.

Lets start off 2010 right! One Love! One Heart!
    Let's get together and feel all right.

8. kingruckus

kingruckus New Member

Bringing this to console would be another smart move for Sega. Do it, Sega. Take my money:).

9. Bloodyshinta

Bloodyshinta Active Member

Dear Sega. I got my first Sega console after my brother and I held a yard sale in our neighbors yard. At this yard sale we sold all of our NES games and the system. We made enough money to go to the Wiz that week and buy a Sega Genesis. We loved it so much that we got the Saturn the first month that it was released. We played so much VF back in those days, it was great. Since then i have gotten every VF game that came out as soon as i possibly could. Please release VF5R, you will have my money. I also know some other people who play, so i will convince them to buy it also.
    ~Evan, Maryland USA.

10. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of VF since VF1 showed up at my local arcade, I was just a kid back then but I remember playing it often as well as VF2 on the SEGA Saturn. I came back for VF5 (never had a DC or nor a PS2) and I was disappointed by the lack of features on the PS3 version of the game. VF5R on console means a chance for many of us to play VF online and face real competition for the first time since the fall of the arcades in our regions.

Fighting games are on the rise again on the west with all these classic franchises (and even some new ones) showing up last year. Please SEGA, consider bringing VF5R to this side of the pacific.

Thiago, Brazil
    Chief Editor of http://www.portalversus.com.br - A Brazilian Fighting Game Community

11. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Dear SEGA,

I have been playing this game series since VF1 and it has always been my favorite series of games period. Please, please bring VF5R to consoles - every VF fan wants to see this game come to the West.

Thanks,
    Jake G. - Boston MA

12. joanot

joanot Well-Known Member

PSN:
    joanot
    XBL:
    joanovic
    Hi guys, edit my message if you see any mistakes:

I discovered this fantastic franchise when Virtua Fighter 4 was released for the Playstatyion 2 and since then I have become an absolute fan of the series.

Virtua Fighter 5 was the reason why I bought a Playstation 3 at launch, 660 euros for being able to play one game.

Joan Pascual
    Valencia, SPAIN

13. GameofDeath

GameofDeath Active Member

Dear SEGA;

Im a VF fan since the n°1; I buy a Sega saturn for VF a dreamcast for VF playstation 2 for VF Playstation 3 for VF and Xbox 360 for VF online...
    For every fan all around the world, Bring VF5R to console!
    R.A
    France

14. Bloodyshinta

Bloodyshinta Active Member

Sega, you are releasing Yakuza 3 in the West, there is still hope for you, keep up the good decision making and bring us VF5R!

15. DrWoo

DrWoo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Yquem2k1
    Dear Sega,

I have started playing VF by accident one year ago. Before that, I believed VF games were slow and boring. It's been a shame for me to see how much I was wrong. Since that day I bought VF5 on XBOX360 and the disc has rarely been out of the console.
    Like me, players will keep on joining as long as you don't let the fire die out...
    You have to make everybody realizes what the best fighter is, so please SEGA bring VF5R to the world.

Antoine G., France

16. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

Dear Sega,

I am a diehard SEGA fan.The SEGA Master System was my first home console. The only piece of Sega hardware I didn't own was the Game Gear. I've owned Virtua Fighter in every iteration, from the Genesis to the 32X to the modern versions on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. I've played Virtua Fighter in the arcades initially, and as a martial artist I was impressed as it was the first martial arts game to include reversals, something basic to a martial artist, but unheard of in fighting games at that point.

I've watched the series grow and evolve over the past decade and a half.
    Over that time, I have grown and evolved. I started studying Zen as a means
    of improving my martial arts. As my understanding of Zen grew, I started applying it to everything, even playing Virtua Fighter. It helped me analyze things objectively, and pay more attention to detail, and what I was doing . Previously, since the Virtua Fighter 2 era, I could only do the Stun Palm of Doom in practice mode . Now with a Zen perspective, I've executed the Stun Palm of Doom in offline Vs. Online vs, Quest mode and arcade mode with frightening regularity. So much so that it made me revisit Virtua Fighter 3 on Dreamcast, and Fighters Megamix on Sega Saturn, to finally Stun Palm of Doom Picky for hitting me with that skateboard. (Needless to say I went to the expense of buying arcade sticks for those two systems as the original arcade sticks I had were long since lost.)

My enjoyment of Virtua Fighter in all it's incarnations has been endless, and for that I thank you. I have faith you will eventually give western console players Virtua fighter 5 : Revolution eventually. That said I am anxiously waiting for Virtua Fighter 5:R, and I am even considering visiting Tokyo in March just to play it.

Thank You,

Mike Chad

New York, The United states of America

17. VFellas

VFellas New Member

dear sega,

i am vffan and i owned all vfseries....we need all vffans this ..and plss..do it...make VF5R for us..

thank you,

vassilis michael

athens, of GREECE

---

dear sega,

VF is the best fighting ever made!!!!
    i still play vf1..vfremix..vf2..vf3..vf4..vf4evo..vf5ps3...vf5xbox360..and soon vf5r:):)vf is my favourite and my ultimate game...pls bring it to the consoles sega...pls...thank you..forgiveme fo my english!!!!

psn:foros51
    xbl:funniestkokkos

18. akkram

akkram Member

dear sega,

We need vf5R on console!
    I started with vf4, now i am totally addicted to this game, still playing evo, brought a ps3 and a 360 for vf5... You can't let this game die outside japan, you've created the most deep and balanced fingting of that gen, make it big like you did with vf4evo, a strong training mode, a good quest mode and the online feature, and you can turn it to one of the best figting game of the last 5 years.
    Sorry for my english,

Cedric S, France.

19. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Dear Sega,

VF4Evo was the first game to teach me anything resembling "high level" play for fighting games, and thanks to that introduction it's still a hobby I keep up with very actively. I own VF5 for the 360 and play it whenever I can with those who know how great the series is. Please let us continue to play the updates and sequels, such as VF5R, in the United States!

20. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Hi to all! I speak on the behalf of the small but dedicated scene here in Brasilia, Brazil. We consist of 5 VF players, I myself being a Wolf player. My brother GreatDeceiver taught me how to play Virtua Fighter, showing me the basics of the system mechanics at the time of Virtua Fighter 4. Since then, we have been hooked! We played every version since, VF4 evo, even VF4 final tuned we bought, the machine currently is in my shop, HOT ROD TATTOO. When Virtua Fighter 5 was announced for the ps3, we teamed up to buy the ps3 console, two virtua stick high grades, and a 50-inch plasma display solely for playing the game!!! Being the other players respectivly Purple Lotus and TheMkr, all contributing with hardware and software alike.
    We believe VF is the best fighter of all time.
    Please SEGA, give us the opportunity to play the GODLY game that is VF5R! Grant us this wish, we are loyal fans! [​IMG]

Joaquim Salles
    Brasilia, Brazil.

Ps: Put a price tag on the game of up to 500 usd , we don´t care!!! Give us REVOLUTION!