1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau Combo

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Nashi, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

CreeD, i didn't know how i did this, so i didn't post this in your thread: yesterday i was playing with my Lau (his name is Lau Chan, pretty original) and i did a combo which surpassed the half the life of the opponent, i think (i repeat: i'm not sure) a MC using [4][4]+[P][2]+[P] then (I'M NOT SURE!!! LOL) [3][3]+[P] [P][P][P][K]

Please, someone try it, if it doesn't work, then i'll find another way to know what really made that +100 combo. I'm not sure if it was a combo started by MC, because i don't remember seeing the opponent doing anything (it was lion, that i'm sure (99%)). Answer this shitty thread please.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

If that combo works, it's about half their life yeah. But the df,df+P comes out kinda slow, I wouldn't think it'd work after bb+P,d+P.
    bb+P,d+PPPK is doable vs. many characters for about 40% life.

3. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Maybe i did attack before doing the combo and i didn't notice. But i still think i didn't... I'm almost sure i did the combo in the begging of the round and cutted half is life. Does any of you guys think it's worth buying a Hori VF4 stick just because it's the original one? the hori tekken 4 has more buttons, thus it can be used in other games, but still....it's not the original VF4 arcade stick.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I tested the combo and found this out:
    [4][4][P][2][P] ===>

[P][P][P][2][K] always misses.
    [3][P][P][P][2][K] only works in one stance, and the sweep misses if the opponent tech rolls. If they don't tech roll damage is 75 pts (only 1/3rd of their life).
    [3][3][P][P][P][2][K] never works if the opponent tech rolls, if they don't tech roll the lunging knife hits them off the floor and one or two other punches + the sweep will also hit off the floor for 73 points, again only 1/3rd.
    ---------
    After bb+P you should just keep going into the usual combo, that is:
    [4][4][P][2][P][P][P][2][K] will always work for 77 points, or 81 points if you delay the sweep a little bit. That's about 40% life.

5. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

??? Why do i get more damage if i delay the sweep??

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some attacks hit really low to the floor (like sweeps) -
    Normally your attacks do less and less damage in combos, like the first hit of a combo is 20% weaker, the second hit is also, the third hit is 30% weaker, etc.

If you hit with an attack really low to the ground, like juuuust before they hit the ground, you get normal damage from the attack or at least boosted damage. So if the attack usually does 30, and in combos it drops to 20, doing the hit low to the ground brings it back up to 30.

Some hits, like high punches, can't hit low to the ground, so it doesn't matter how you time those.

7. jherb9000

jherb9000 Well-Known Member

So shun's [3][P] combo's do the same correct...(go back to 30 percent) and can they be tech rolled out of.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

so shun's df+P combos do the same

If I'm reading you right, yeah... damage scaling applies to every character in the game. The lowest damage a move will eventually drop to is 25%, for like the sixth hit and onward for a combo. And shun like everyone else can use hits that smack them low to the floor in order to get full damage (df+P, the little uppercut, can work to do this).
    Ground attacks like df+P, or df+K, or u+P for any character... generally can be avoided with a tech roll, but if for some reason a ground attack is guaranteed at the end of a combo, then that too will do less damage than usual.

9. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

a good aexample would be if you are akira, the opps back is turned, [6][6][6][P], [6_][P], FC[6][P]+[K]
    you get max damage from the [2_][6][P]+[K].
    it seems to work better if they have their back facing the sky and their legs close to you whilst you are in the air.

10. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

ok after you do your [4][4]+[P][2][P] instead of doing the guaranteed [3][P][P][P][2][K] (or almost always guaranteed) or trying to do that charging knife hand or whatever, what about [2_][3][P][P][P][P][2][K] , or even the [2_][3][P] into a [3][P]+[K] juggle? hope that makes sense

11. Spinich

Spinich Active Member

another wall combo for lau is [2_][3][P]+[K] [P][P][P][2_][K] it does around 70-80 dmg