1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau VF5 Final Showdown Combos

Discussion in 'Lau' started by AlexMD, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Some Lau stuff I was talking to Krye about the other day.
    As you all know Lau is pretty fun by the wall. I've been watching tons of videos and trying to put together solid setups near the wall.

The setup:
    ANY variation of Lau's [P][4][P][P]
    IE
    [4][P][+][K][P][4][P][P]
    [P][4][P][P]
    [2_][3][P][P][4][P][P]
    [3][3][P][P][4][P][P]

And by any variation I mean any. The most successful one, if you have the time to pull it out,
    [4][P][+][K][P] since it's mid starting.

What to do from there?
    Well you can stop at [4][P][+][K][P] if you want, then go into a mixup since you're +1. Think they'll mash out a jab? [1][P] on CH will wall stagger into an easy While Rising [K] wallsplat.
    Also, if they might try to mash out of the corner, you can slightly delay the [4][P].

So something like this -> [4][P][+][K][P][4][P]
    If they try to hit a button after your [4][P][+][K][P], the [4][P] will wall stagger them, and Back Turned [K] will wallsplat.

What if they block the whole [4][P][+][K][P][4][P] ???
    Well you can do one of 2 things.
    Go for a quick backturned attack: Back turned [K] is FAST. Just might catch them if they wait too long to attack. Back turned [2][K] to go under highs, and will also wallsplat on CH, wallslump on NH too (have to check this one)
    2nd option, take the risk and finish the string: [4][P][+][K][P][4][P][P], the last P will wallsplat if they try to hit a button or don't block high.

I'll add more later, cheers! :)

2. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Thanks for the tips.

[4][P][+][K] is a good move to throw every now and then, even at disadvantage.

3. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    After watching some more videos I found another sick wall combo starter.

Parallel + close to the wall, with Lau's chest facing the wall.

[4][P][+][K][P][K] Kokei (side wall hit) > Kokei [P][+][K] > OM > [4][6][K][+][G] > [K][K] > [6][6][K][+][G] > [3][2][3][P][P][+][K]

Does like 140+ damage :eek: You could also start the combo with upknife varient [2_][3][P][P][K]) or [3][3][P][P][K] (for this one Lau's back has to be to the wall, since the move itself switches his stance.

4. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Some Lau sober combos.

-1 drink
    [2][1][4][P][+][G] - [6][P][P]

-3 drinks
    [4][6][P] - [P] - [4][P][K][P] (closed stance only)

[4][6][P] - [P] - [6][K][+][G] (closed stance only)

Kokei [3][P] - [P] - [2][P][+][K] - [6][K][+][G] (both stances)

[4][6][P] - [P] - [2_][3][P][P][+][K] (wall hit) - [6][6][K][+][G] - [6][K][+][G] (open stance only)

-4 drinks
    Near wall [6][P][+][G] (wall hit) - [2][P][+][K] - [4][P][K][P]

-5 drinks :eek:
    [2][1][4][P][+][G]: - [6][P][P] (wall hit) - Kokei [P][+][K] (wall splat) - [4][6][K][+][G] - [P] - [2][P][+][K] - [6][K][+][G]

[6][6][P][+][K] (side wall hit) - BT [P][+][K] - [4][4][P][K][+][G] - [6][6][K][+][G] - [6][K][+][G]

Chanchai likes this.
  5. Koompbala

Koompbala Member

Thanks to that video I was able to modify the 6P+G combo for same dmg but hit it more consistently. I also did one that does 83 dmg

6 [P][+][G]
    -2[P][+][K], 4[P][+][K][P][+][K], 66[K][+][G], WS [K] 76 dmg

[P][+][K], 4[P][+][K][P][+][K], 66[K][+][G], 33[P][P][K] 83 dmg