1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion minami thing

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Two_Bit_Mage, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

Anyone try this before? (I dont take credit for writing this up) I want to know if it is effective and some applications

For super awesome Lion movement, add his UF/DF+PKG and K, G to the minami step. Practice so it all looks like one fluid motion. Minami step is basically this (thanks to Myke from VFDC for explaining it like this):

up or down can be cancelled by df, df
    df, df can be cancelled by G-cancelled by db, db
    df, df can be cancelled by G-cancelled by f, f or b, b
    db, db can be cancelled by f, f or b, b
    f, f or b, b can be cancelled by df, df
    f, f can be cancelled by db, db
    f, f or b, b can be cancelled by up or down

So when you link chains together, and you follow these above guidlines, you can do stuff like - db, db, f, f, up (or down), df, df, UF+PKG, K G-cancel, db, db, df+PKG....

or b, b, up (or down), df, df, df+pkg, db, db, f,f, up (or down), df, df, G, db, db...

If you get the timing right, and your fast enough, your character will move super fast. These are just 2 examples, there's a lot of other options if you're creative enough.

For an easier version, just do K G-cancel, db, db, UF+PKG, db, db, DF+PKG, db, db. Lion is unique that his UF/DF+PKG move flows well without even the minami step. But if you do add on the minami step to it, he looks even better!

2. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Hey, I wrote that. Yeah it works. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. Just try it yourself. Lion moves pretty cool, probably the best movement in the game besides Lei Fei's dances.

Edit - Oh, the minami step is effective for every character. There's a thread about it here Minami Thread. The [9]\[3]+[P][K][G] part is really just an addition to it all, to help you confuse opponents. It's useful to get behind opponents when they tech, by dodging the opposite way, or to scare them with your crazy movement, or just to show off. Just don't go crazy with it, learn when to do it and when not too. They can hit you out of the dodge fairly easy if you just do it out of nowhere. I do it mostly after I knock them down, right before I began my wake up games (it confuses them), or after rounds (for show), or if I'm fair enough from them and I'm moving to keep my reflexes up (also for show too). Just use the dodge part like you would use the dodge before. Don't overuse it, just enough to mix things up. Dodge plus elbow, or dodge plus PK, or dodge plus low trip, etc. The K, G is just like anyone else's K, G. Use it to add to the step, and fake out your opponents.

But I'm still new to it all, and I don't have a lot of guys to play with to really practice it all, so I'm not an expert or anything right now on every which way it's useful. Just expirement like I do.