1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Meaty: Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by social_ruin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I'll invite you to read G0d3L's very useful & informative post about frames invincibility / analysis on tech roll / ukemi / wake up:
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/diy-frames-analysis.16734/
    ( last post )

Only if you're into maths..:D

Would have been nice if she could...:D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    no_w_h_ere likes this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

LOL my eileen has gone to the dark side of the force where invincibility turns into invisibility

3. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Ok, so its no sabakis and only 3 frames where opponent can high/low block, huh....

4. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Ok, I did some testings and found out some interesting stuffs about "particular" sabaki and reversals such as Brad's P+K+G, Aoi's Tenchi P+K+G, Wolf's RAW P+K+G, Goh's 4P+K+G and Jean's 4P+K+G:

If you press their parry / reversal command with P+K+G after tech rolling, you will end up guarding the meaty attack. So if your opponent missed the timing of his meaty attack or if you do a perfect tech roll ( or delay your tech roll ? not sure about that one), you will be able to parry / reverse / sabaki the attack thrown on you.

I believe it can be called an option select ?

Perfect example will be against a Kage who spams his K+G on meaty everytime:

Record Kage Doing [K][+][G]>[4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] then [K][+][G].

With Aoi, Wolf, and Brad do their command reversal with [P][+][K][+][G] after you teched, you will guard his [K][+][G] anyway if his attack is meaty. So you're safe, like you were pressing [G].
    (With Aoi, it doesn't matter if you hold [P][+][K][+][G] or not.)

If the attack is not meaty, you just parry the attack and get your guaranteed follow up.

Obviously, for Jean and Goh, it's better to use that tech if the character you're fighting against love to use punch or elbow attacks on meaty, in case it can hit you when it's not meaty.
    But if Kage's K+G is meaty, well they will block it anyway.

Haha now I remember using that tech against a Kage player who loves his K+G on meaty, by entering Tenchi with Aoi after I teched and blocked it anyway but I always thought it was because my P+K+G after tech wasn't registered.

It works with Lei Fei punch & elbow stance parry 8P+K+G, Jacky's 4P+K+G or Taka's parry 4P+K+G too..

Wow, I'm glad I can still learn new stuffs in that game, even if it's out for more than 1 year now lol and since I'm the one who found that option select tech, GT allowed me to call it the
    "Kingo option select":D

GT also said in the shoutbox that he's 99% sure sabaki and reversals don't work against a properly timed meaty because meaties should be seen as hitting on frame 0, while reversals and sabaki take at least 1 frame to start up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    erdraug and Cozby like this.
  5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I agree with kingo's findings. When I was initially testing meaties, I found that no reversals or sabakis worked against them. In match play, I found that I ate more than the expected amount of Tenchi parries and Brad's stupid stupid stupid mid-kick counter (*ahem*). Online lag / Being awful can easily account for those.

6. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    ok you can have the credit for that, but you're not allowed to use that tech (sorry, you can't have both).

7. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

you what?!?
    this is the proof that you are a pure scrub :D
    I already knew way before Cannes and told you as soon as you get the mic...
    How is even possible that you can play vf with that dead brain of yours??? :confused:

...wait...maybe that's your secret! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Mister likes this.
  8. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Ah, I don't remember... maybe because when I listen to you in the mic, all I heard is "blablablabla" :D
    Anyway, maybe you already know this for Aoi, but not for all the others characters with a P+K+G input.. so it's still my option select :p
    You seem to study my Aoi a lot... too bad it doesn't help you much against me...:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    G0d3L likes this.
  9. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    TAKA [2_][4][6][P][+][K] ON WAKEUP DOTSOI!!