1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some Lei-Fei and Eileen specific advice...

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by DevNullify, Nov 1, 2007.

1. DevNullify

DevNullify Member

I had my fair share of wins and losses last night, as expected. However, I did find that overly aggressive Eileen and Lei Fei players could very easily run the table with me. I don't mean to say they were all mashers, but I found its very hard to counterattack them if they stick to light moves that give them the advantage or a very small disadvantage and just spam them.

I finally remembered Jeff's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, which allowed me to achieve a complete come from behind victory on a Lei-Fei who just spammed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif the whole fight. I seriously did it like six times in a row, which finally achieved the desired effect of making Lei stop and get erratic at which point I could go for other counterhits and do damage. HOWEVER, it seems that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif isn't working because its fast (its not) but because it avoids so many types of attacks.

Does anybody know a good set of fast OR evasive moves like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif that I can use to fight back with in these situations? OM/DM doesn't seem to be viable against these types because their fast attacks will track and hit me before I get anything out.

I can tell that I need said tools in order to get the aggressive types off of me and open up my mid-range game that I find crucial to jeffs juggles and keep-away tactics.

Thanks for any input guys!

2. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Re: Need some Lei-Fei and Eileen specific advice..

Here is something you can do against Lei spamming punches:
    Block his first 3 punches, and then do a low punch > knee. GG /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Word.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with more range if you have trouble.

backdash -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Im sure there is someone who knows more about Jeff than me here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ps. Dont forget mashers never escape groundthrows /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

When I was playing against Jerky and Sebo last night they would run me through when I'd try to use my normal tactics because they would space me. Basically for eileen if you keep your distance she's not much of a threat due to her being a short range character. Then when she tries to attack she'll be beat out because her long range moves are all pretty weak so if your attack and her attack clash you'll win. Also find the moves that are fast of yours so you can throw them out whenever eileen starts to come too close for comfort then start mixing in those throws GG. I'm having to go back and rethink what to do when stuck too far away to be effective.

5. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

Try to trick your foe with the threat stance, if that works for you.