1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (XBLA)

Discussion in 'General' started by jinxhand, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I know the game is rather old (I played it in Hong Kong in 04 and bought the imported version back in 05/06), and they re-released it on ps2 some years back, and now its re-re-released on xbla. Anybody checked the game out yet? I can personally say that the netcode is the best out of all of the SNKP games released on xbla. Hit me up for some matches also.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I play, its good fun and the online really helps.

3. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

This game came out? Wow How is the Online?

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I totally suck at this game but mudman is awesome.

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Yeah, is this game any good?

I've never played it before...

Fun? Balanced?

-- Thanks

6. SDS_Overfiend1

Fun yes balanced no. Tung is the most unbalance character.

7. SDS_Overfiend1

8. jinxhand

I dunno about that anymore... He gets crushed easily by classic Kof characters, and Washizuka... He's almost the same as his ps2 kof xi incarnation... He used to be able to cancel his gekihou into his qcfx2+k in the old ngbc and he couldn't anymore. It pushes back alittle further than it did in the original also.

Mr. Big is busted. I use him and Tung as a team, with Tung being the battery, and Mr. Big I use his 2+D, 623+C xx qcfx2+C combo... Does so much chip and normal dmg, and with 3 stocks, it does a gangload of dmg...

NGBC Tier List

Last I checked, even the bosses are around B/C tier, with the exception of Goodman. Goodman is busted even with only a few moves... Dark Geese has a vid on youtube that proves how busted he is...

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

tung isnt even in the top tier...big is, or at least used to be. he is simple but i dont think hes as strong as kim or hotaru, or even marco, moriya or robert

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    you bastards will have to teach me how to play. i think my rock and kim are pretty solid though. I like the fact you can customize characters and throw them out there. I got the MagnetroKim

11. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    I got it and learning. Very intereting game so far.

12. jinxhand

There's really not much to it. Whatever strat you use for (x) character in the game they're originally from works for the most part. A few things have changed, like ultimate juggle hits, grounded hits, and other links, but Kim pretty much plays the same, and Rock, well- just poke enough til your close for that command throw and combo off of that. That's what most cats do anyway...

13. SDS_Overfiend1

May bad i was going by was i seen with the Japanese NGBC tournaments. Tung Cheapness was on full blast along with Big's pressure and roberts pressure. I never got to deep into this game because i never own it but im going to get involved heavily in this one. If i could find the Videos this dude was Tearing Ass with Tung. I really think they got shit twisted with his tier list. Question... Did they rebalanced this game?

14. jinxhand

It seems slightly changed imo. Like I was saying before, Tung can't do everything he could before, and it seems like his gekihou doesn't tank like it used to. I remember busting that move out, and it would eat a super and I still managed to get one hit out of it, winning a match. I personally think everyone has a real chance of winning though. Asura is still mad garbage though, but thats just my thoughts...

15. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Game is good fun, new stages and sprites look nice too. I wish more SNK games could combine characters from World Heroes, Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown and Last Blade.

16. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

You guys make it sound like its pretty good. I will have to buy it and check it out.

See you fellas on there after if figure out what I'm doing.

17. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying this title way more than SSFIV. I never got to play the arcade, but only the PS2 version. I went to a couple of gatherings back then, and from the few cats that were there agreed on one thing, "balance" not perfect, but very solid. I'm rocking Kaede and Moriya. I usually switch Kaede with Shiki, Rock or Shermie. BTW folks, Tung is "Okay" not strong as some people make it out to be. He just has good trick setups. You need to know your match-ups in this game. And they're not that hard to figure out as well. Anyway, I can't believe they still didn't fix the DP motion in this game for certain character's. That's BS.

18. jinxhand

Don't mean to bump the thread, but I came across this page.

http://round2.18.forumer.com/a/snk-tier-list_post19.html

I do remember some cats talking about how the tier listing for this game in Japan is totally different than the tier listing in the US... Kisarah for one jumped to A tier in Japan, whereas I believe she's C tier here in the states... I believe the same case goes for Ai and even Mr. Big (his torpedoes and rushdowns aren't too hard to stop)...

19. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    how is the netcode?

i only ask because to say the 360 ports of 98um and garou have netcode at all is being generous.

20. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    i still haven't forgiven SNK for this. Garou on xbl should have been awesome. I try to play with someone more than 200 miles away and instead of one of the smoothest most responsive fighting games about i get a bloody slideshow. [​IMG]

Not brought an SNK game since.