1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New styles for VFs in the future?

Discussion in 'General' started by KristianTNA, May 9, 2007.

1. KristianTNA

KristianTNA Active Member

Ive read the post started some time in 2006 regarding New Character for VF, and the result (and the start of it all) was Kages Mom i agree, surprised it hasnt happened already like in VF3 in all honesty.

There were some comments near the end in regards to what martial arts styles should feature, unfortunatly the thread was closed as had no option to reply.

If I may would be nice to expand on different ideas for styles, i always wanted a Muay Thai guy and VF4 gave me that, I desired an alternative wrestler (being a wrestler myself) VF5s El Blazes Lucha Libre answered perfectly.

A Han style fighter - Traditional Chinese, style of Han Shu, composing the "Five Animals Play" - tiger, deer, monkey, bear, and bird. (think Jet li in Once upon in china,) and very similar to Wu-shu

Tae Kwon Do (Korean Fight style. cant think of any Tae Kwon Do oriented movies, but an obvisious understanding of it, would be Hworang and Baek Do San in Tekken) would make an effective long range style for VF,and would be great equal for the likes of Jacky.

Karate - surprised there isnt a karate fighter already in VF, to the untrained eye due to the Gi many assume Akira is a Karate fighter. hard hitting and fast striking. strong emphasis of stances and focus, though there is 4 main styles of Karate Shotokan, Shito-ryu, Goju-ryu, Wado-ryu. Shotokan being quite recognizable as used by Jean Claude Van Damme.

T'ai Chi Ch'üan - A soft style, practiced in parks the world over. slow movements and graceful an art applied with internal power. Lei Feng in the Dead or Alive series of fighters uses T'ai Chi Ch'uan.

They are main ones I can think of that would increase the variety in Virtua Fighter. what kind of characters would better fit the styles in your opinion.

2. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

The martial art styles that I will like to see for an upcoming or a remake:

Karate this is unusual because all of the fighting games have their own karate fighter/fighters while Virtua Fighter is the only one that does not. A lot of gamers, and fans like us, thought that Akira practiced karate, however, when we look further to his profile, the art he practiced is bajiquan, hakkyoku-ken's Mandarin name. I will like to see this karate fighter to use karate techniques, not only from shotokan but from a variety, like goju-ryu, shito-ryu, wado-ryu, kyokushin, and seido.

Sambo because Dead or Alive was the first to add it yet the third 3D fighting game to market. Tekken became the second to a sambo wrestler, and coincidently, the second to be released. The Virtua Fighter series maybe the first 3D fighter to be marketed, but they will add their sambo wrestler sometime in the future.

This may sound a odd, but I hope these two will-be fighters are women because the V.F. series has only five women fighters for a 3D fighting game.[/size]