1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Online Off-topic moral vs.abare troll thread

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by TheWorstPlayer, Nov 27, 2010.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm going to throw out there, that your example is not simply indicative of abare playstyle. Your example can be equally extrapolated to moral playstyle too.

I don't see why you chose to hone in on abare instead of putting equal emphasis on low level moral play also. Low-level play is low-level play, regardless of how you choose to do it, be it poor use of moral knowledge or poor use of abare knowledge. A low-level player obviously has limited knowledge, but it's all about how they're choosing to apply that knowledge.

Knowledge with application turns into wisdom. That's what makes a top-level player. That's why we flock to their videos, or their writings. If just reading the wiki lead to high-level play then we'd all be masters by now for sure. One must know how to apply that information or, it's just a waste of time.

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

^Nice reply, Tricky.

Twp, "guessing" is an over-simplification of "reading". All opponents have habits and tendencies. They don't switch things up as often as they think. Top level players do a lot more of what I call "freestyling". Less flowcharts and more off the top of their heads. After getting good at reading, freestyling becomes a lot easier since you already have a better understanding of what your opponent is prone to doing in scenarios 1-50.
    Here's 50% of what my mindset is offensively:
    <object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOFCMvb43jA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOFCMvb43jA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

^ It's a bit more complicated but this covers about 50% of my mindset when I attack. Before anybody points out the obvious, I know that we're talking about VF, a fighting game and not real life fighting but I do try to apply the mindset described in that vid to any fighting game I play.

Not to veer off too much from VF, here's a good example of players not throwing out attacks and hoping they connect but instead some high-level yomi being applied:
    <object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNb-kdv0tPE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNb-kdv0tPE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

One example of some good reading and not "guessing" is when one opponent kept going for a floater that left him at -8 on block. Knowing what kind of opponent he was playing he went abare with 2P because he KNEW that a throw was coming. Second time he found himself at -8, same opponent, HE DID IT AGAIN. Why? That's the kind of opponent that he was facing. Get it?
    Now think, what would most opponents do when +8 comes around a third time? The first 2 times they got punched in the balls, so now what?
    Mid or go for another throw?
    Mid? Wrong.
    Throw? Wrong.
    It all depends on the kind of player that you're fighting. Mind games. It's deeper than just "guessing". All opponents have tendencies, all opponents have habits. Yomi is a lot deeper than just "guessing".

The better players out there have less habits and less tendencies than low to mid level players like myself. Offensively, I favor an unpredictable, Juggernaut offense.
    On defense, sadly, I'm very predictable. I go to Dojo and I practice but my downfall is that practicing defensive tactics is boring to me. I end up practicing offensive tactics instead.
    If your yomi is good, you can beat me easily. It's not about luck, fast reflexes and all that other mumble-jumble. Imho, it's 50% yomi, 25% knowledge and 25% execution.
    If you can read me, you can beat me.

4. TheWorstPlayer

I believe that new players do a LOT of guessing. It's not so much reading, especially in one match. You made an example of a guy that beat you one time. I doubt he read you that much if you really know the game and he was brand new. In order to read someone you need to know what language he's writing in.

Guessing and reading are really semantics. A guess is done with some knowledge but an educated guess is a hypothesis. If I saw you do an elbow three times in a row it's not too far fetched that i can "guess" that you are going to do it again. Why is it a guess? There's no guarantee that you WILL do an elbow. It's an educated guess by witnessing what you have done before.

You see "reading" is really over analyzing "guessing." Hypos (hypothesis) aka educated guesses include more than just guessing or reading tendencies however. It's also knowing what your opponents options are and eliminating based on their tendencies and the frame rate. A newb does more guessing, than hypos since he hasn't played enough to go by feel and special properties he's not aware of just add to the guess work.

You can't make a true hypo on someone who doesn't know the rules or more importantly, especially online doesn't abide with them. I've played you online where you've 2P'd I blocked it, I immediately tried to counter 2P and I was hit with an uppercut although you should have been at disadvantage. I'm not just
    picking on you here, everyone has examples of lag fighter 5. When it comes too lag + abare; hypos, turn more into "simple" guesses. You think you know what's going to happen but that's not always the case. (In this case anticipating an abare after your 2P and still getting hit)

I used to call lag fighter complainers excuse makers but when it's all said and done. They're right. In the case of lag fighter they complain about abare because most defensive players have to play by the "rules" in order to be defensive in the first place. If I do 46p+k with Akira, you block it, and I STILL beat you to p,k. (I've done this vs someone with a U.S. connection) You're playing a ruleless spamfest. Unplayable? No, but abare play has greater rewards online.

Kind of reminds me of my first LAN tournament in the UT1999 FPS. I thought I was the shit with my wall jumps, shock rifle combos, mini gunn ripping; until the sniper shot my head off several times. The game was a whole lot different without lag, no compensation was needed. The cursor was on my head, he clicked, and I died.

5. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I've got to agree with TWP here with his last couple of posts, he's right.

There's times where I'll CH or CH stagger somebody, dash in(so it looks like I'm going to throw) and do a jab or elbow, and get hit by their jabs instead. It's pretty disheartening to me, where I can't even morally play the game(which is most effective for ME, and my moral playing has been restored now that rust has been shaken off). I end up unintentionally sandbagging, or just playing really stupid, and that goes against what I always say, and I end looking like a hypocrite. I end up repeatedly going for CH into throw in the initial scenario against some players, because even if I attack I'm going to CH, but if I go for throw sometimes I get NH.

Truth be told when I play some opponents and the lag makes the rules go out the window, I either just take the beat down or get rid of the rules too, just for sake of playing matches, or I just freeze up. Trust when I play, I never like to just freeze, it's not beneficial to my playing style.

Now that I've shaken every last bit of rust I could have in the game. There's only 4 opponents right now, that I can play online, and the game remains faithful to virtua fighter 5, even in lag, and that's against Dennis(sometimes, not often. has to be a great day), Mackfactor, Lucky, and Denkai.

------

A few weeks ago, I lost to JCblack 4 times in a row! And he quit on me too. I think that should make what I'm saying a bit clearer.

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I completely agree with what slide & TWP just said there. I commend those who are able to play, as TWP puts it, Lag Fighter 5. I however, like to have the game rules always maintain true instead of random "what just happened there?" moments when I know the rules of the game and play by them.

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

No more Excuses.Do You think your opponent is the only person lag works for during a match? shit doe'snt matter to me anymore i'm all cried out. I accepted it long time ago that in order to have fun from my couch 2p is the trade off along with Shunnanigans.I remeber all the Shun players telling me to stop complaining and all so i took it on the chin No problem. You can still learn to read/Pick up/Guess/Counter/Stop/eliminate whatever tatics your opponent can do with timing adjustments online frustrating as it may be. Certain characters online (Bad connect)i know gets away with Garbage but fuck it what can i do besides use what i already know after 3 solid years of playing.

I know who in this forum does what after getting hit with certain things. I know who used Abare under pressure and refuse to play defense correctly so why complain. I know that this Thread is a way for people to gauge others playstyle from a mental aspect. So as far as im Concerned Lag fighter 5 is fun as shit.

BTW Side Note. Not to sound Cocky or rude. Im not giving nobody passes for still playing like a 4 year old after 3 years. FOH!!! Don't blame lag 2p for your inability to get over humps. Stop posting bullshit in this forum and practice if you want to become better. There are a lot of you who despite getting punished badly for mistakes still do the same shit time after time. sometimes i go into a rematch assuming you'd do something different only to lose for switching it up FOR NO REASON because your still doing the same shit. Rather than get mad i just leave after a few games and play a few against someone.

8. TheWorstPlayer

I dont think that lag fighter isn't fun. I was frankly pointing out why abare play is frowned on here. It's not really because its abare. I believe successful abare offline is skillful. Online it can be skillful in a spamming sense. FPS games thrive on successful spam techniques.

But this is a fighter with more consideration involved in immediate attention.

9. tonyfamilia

What Overfiend said. Adapt and overcome or just keep it moving. Nobody wants to hear all this blah-blah about what you would do offline and so on and so forth.

Alright, I'm name dropping now but only because I have to shed a positive light on a few players who have NEVER complained to me about lag: Adam, Denkai and GT.
    These guys are the best players in the U.S. What's their secret? I don't know but one thing I do know is that they share similarities. One of the things that they have in common applies to this "lag" argument. These guys have NEVER complained about lag... well, at least not to me and since I've never seen them get put in BG thread for bitching and whining, I'm guessing to nobody else either.

I believe that if you're going to try to be the best at something, you should try to model yourself after the person who is the best in that perspective something. That's why I've tried to take away the bitching and moaning about A, B, C, X, Y, Z and 1, 2, 3. That shit is tired and nobody wants to hear it.
    Adam had something in his sig about complaining and once I find it I will edit it in this post.
    Edit: I think he changed it. His sig now is still pretty helpful for all you negativity lovers out there:
    "Find the right attitude, and you'll always have the right technique."

Now going back to this lag thing... lol, Twp, I play offline too. None of the two main players I play against here let me get away with blocked 2P -> and then get hit with an uppercut. Both guys react very well with either 2P, a fast mid, backdash -> floater/throw... etc.
    My improved, yomi-based style isn't only effective online.

If I use that on you it's because it works. For the sake of argument, let's say that it is lag... and that your reaction time offline you would punish that correctly... let's just say, that's the case... well, then, I won't be doing 2P blocked and going into uppercut... but only if you won't let me.
    I will do whatever works. That's how I fight. No, I will not do the proper thing online because that's what I do offline.
    I don't understand this mindset of "This is how I play offline and offline. I'm not changing a thing." No. You can call me a lag abuser if you like. It doesn't matter to me. Because I've seen people OFFLINE react too slowly to a blocked 2P. Really good players too. Yes, it happens. Hesitate and be met with a floater [​IMG]
    Hell, hesitate too much and end up getting thrown after you just blocked my 2P.
    Crazy you say? Maybe.
    Blasphemy against the "Proper-VF-Playing Gods"? Perhaps.
    But if you give it to me, I'm taking it.

10. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean by all this. This testimonial approach doesn't work here.

I've had discussions about lag with both Denkai and Lucky(GT) numerous times, and Glory included. And incidentally, they're the three players that I've played the most matches with online and offline during the game's heyday. There was plenty of things we'd get away with on each other, that wouldn't fly offline, and also some punishes that get missed or aren't maxed out.

The biggest difference here is that, we didn't and don't carry any sort of ego with each other when we play matches and don't start feeling ourselves, and when things happen, it goes without being said. Because we know what happened and why it happened, and when stuff goes down because the game is being played online. As a matter of fact, with Lucky, we'd sometimes pick at each other with some of our movements and strike choices after the round because we know what just happened.

Lucky and I have been playing fighting games with each other for well over 5+ years. It just comes down to personalities, some people are vocal about things, and others aren't, they don't have a direct correlation to being a top level player or a scrub, it's merely just coincidence and nothing more.

Usually comments and excuses can get said to people, when they think the other person will start feeling themselves and get a big head.

11. TheWorstPlayer

Not knocking your playstyle tony. I'm again just pointing out why abare is frowned upon online. If you like the RANDOMNESS since I don't always get uppercutted after a blocking your 2P that's cool. The point is, due to unpredictable results online play is unreliable. It's more simple guess work instead of educated guess work.

I like to KNOW my options instead of guessing my options. You could be the best reader in the world but does an abare 2P AFTER block tell me that? No. Maybe next time I can interrupt your abare properly, maybe, I can't. That's what lag does. The inconsistencies favor random outcomes.

Sure there will be people that are better at compensating online than others. In fact I know for a fact that theres some old reliables offline I almost never touch online. You may have options you may consciously or unconsciously throw out the window yourself through trial and error. I do believe that online play is not a good measure of outcomes offline; a lot of people do. There is absolutely no reason to believe outcomes won't be different since they already are. (2P blocked abare uppercut; when I know I inputted the 2p immediately there's no maybe it was lag. It's a IT WAS DEFINITELY lag) Now I'm not saying you can't beat me offline. It was just an example of unreliable outcomes. Could you probably beat some of the same people? Sure.

Is this the argument you were looking for?

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

And this is why you have options in VF. after 2p there are many things you can do but like i said...
    What your doing is making excuses to keep your namesake true. We all know Tony's style is rush down. If a 2p sets up his uppercut 75 percent of the time why should he stop it if people keep getting launched? Thats called "conditioning". Eliminating a need to use Yomi If he already know you will attack at disadvantage. I suggest you look at Rod's Signature.

@TWP - I remember i would get frustrated at the way you played VF and wanted to make yourself seem like you were that weak. I would get turned off at the sight of playing against you because i never liked how you went about playing it. After talking with you a few times in the forums i have gained a newfound respect for you. So when i face you now try my hardest to beat the shit out of you and kick you while you down you can get pissed off and do your stupid little dance or shenninigans so i can repeat the prognosis lol!!!

Nah serious i go hard on you now just so i can see how much of the knowledge you pass out you actually use when you get hit. you know the saying. "Everybody has a plan until they get hit"

13. TheWorstPlayer

I'm talking about me blocking his 2P, which leads to him ABAREing with an uppercut and winning out. This shouldn't happen in this game. This is an attack from disadvantage.

I suggest you read what I wrote. I'm talking about lag changing the outcome of an educated guess. My example was I block his 2p. I should be at advantage, so I decide to 2P. (maybe not the best choice but bare with me) He does an uppercut after I blocked his 2P and I eat it despite being at advantage. This is lag fighter.

Again, he may have been anticipating something else slower perhaps? This is where an educated guess was beat by a simple guess; because lag allowed him to beat more options than he should have been able too. I can retaliate after block 2P with a fast mid, 2P of my own, circular maybe a throw? The uppercut should only beat/clash with a throw and a slower move if I'm correct. In this lag situation it would beat ALL OF THE ABOVE outside of maybe me evading. Why would I evade at advantage?

Oh that's right.....lag fighter 5.

About you going hard on me, I never thought that. I really don't see any difference between the way you play me now than any other time. At one time I did have a VF ego but that was like in the MEKAHINEYHOE and early TWP days. It was obvious I was fucking with people then too; heck I even posted videos of me bodying people for kicks. Now I'm just going through the motions and generally accepting that people are better than me. Motivation is hard to come by in the todays VF5; that's why I tried to run the shakedowns.

14. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

That's a silly thing to complain about though. Online or offline people aren't always going to react to hundreds of situations instantaneously and if your playing in a stable and good 3 bar connection chances are you just messed up. Yeah, sure offline would have given you that 3/60th's of a second to react to that 2P. But let's be honest 99% of the time that situation would have turned out the same. Especially with a game like VF that has the biggest buffer window of all time. Even top japanese players drop rounds to 2P x7 and miss punishes. If you're playing on a connection where playing properly isn't possible, why are you even playing? If it's for fun then who cares if your get launched after you blocked a 2P?

I've always found people complaining about attacking from disadvantage kinda pointless. Without attacking from disadvantage, all of the moral options you guys love so much don't even work.

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Interesting topic keeps here:)

I didn't go through all the replies but if we are talking about "VF online", then we could just relax because everything is possible. If the matches were based on stable 3 bars and usually some shit don't come out that often.

I remember someone post a video a while ago and people were talking about "how come Akira fuzzy after 66P+K block(-7)?" Well, if the match happened online, I would say it's due to lag. But it turned out that was a offline video so I'm 100% sure his opponent didn't throw immediately. VF requires a firm standard and only "offline" could offer perfectly.

From my experience, abare does gives more credit online. And it most happens because the players keep tapping buttons without hesitate. This purpose is entirely different with someone knows the consequence and abare by planning.

I probably misunderstand the meaning of "buffer" in fighting games, and I'm wondering can I buffer my defense such as a simple block(holding G) at VF online? If not, and maybe this is another reason impling that "tapping buttons in advance" can earn extra credit online, am I right??

16. TheWorstPlayer

Its just an example. In that particular case it cost me the match. If you're trying to win you can see why someone playing online would complain about this abare. If you want something more extreme I'll go back to my other example.

Akira does 4,6p+k, opponent blocks it. Opponent tries to punish with p,k. Akira p,k's him first. Now that's more extreme yes. However if during what should be a good connection as in with me and DrFamilia small advantage can be lost, then that shows sometimes even large advantage can be a gamble as well. Btw, I didn't mess up. I was looking for it because there was was a specific timing on Familias 2Ps during that match. I knew the sequence and still got beat out after a block. I'm a Jeffry player. Reacting to block 2P knees to cover retarded follow ups is what we do; especially when autopilots due this CONSTANTLY and it's an easy win.

Don't make excuses for lag, just because you want to defend the merit of your online experience. This happened more than once which made me question trying it again, but sometimes it worked. Eventually I simply evaded but this changed how I played! Now I'm evading after advantage? What?

I'm not saying online is complete crap or ragging on Tony. I'm pointing out why abare play is frowned on by a portion of the online community.

Then again most of you know WHY already. You just think people shouldn't care and get on with it. If you ever played me, you know I don't care. Lol. Frankly just pointing out what should be obvious to the people on here. It's been a long time and the complainers of online abare aren't going to change their minds. I think that some people may have lost their perspective.

Kudos for trying to change their perspective however because that means more online matches. You CAN learn something from playing online despite abare play. It can however reshape your playstyle. People like you GT play online so much you probably have a better feel for it than most who don't. It's totally possible too.

Going back to my FPS analogy with UT1999; I used to play INSTAGIB. A mod for 1 shot, 1 kill a lot. I peaced many people out back in the day before cable was normal and it was laggy as hell because I played a lot on European servers. I invited my US friends to play over there and they considered it unplayable.

I do find it amusing that all 3 people who actually still play online regularly are responding (sarcasm.)

17. tonyfamilia

Lmfao! Man, you just can not lose this argument, huh? This is THE online excuse to rule them all: lag.
    Without lag, most of you who complain about it wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It would just be a simple "I lost" and that would be that.
    Oh, but wait, there are offline excuses too XD
    Dude, I have played against some of the worst lag connections and unless it's freaking GRAY BARS... no, your uppercut or even another 2P will not beat out my 2P at -5.
    It's just that simple.
    You have got layers of excuses. Excuses on top of excuses. The last one I just read was:
    "People like you GT play online so much you probably have a better feel for it than most who don't. It's totally possible too."
    Really? Honestly, I think you're just trolling now... (wondering why I'm playing this silly game with you? Am I bored? [​IMG] After this I'm just going to play some VF) ... anyway, could it be that perhaps, maybe... GT has faster reaction time than you? Everybody knows that lag takes some getting used to but you've been playing long enough.
    Back when you were "bodying" people, it wasn't about lag. You were just the better player. All these other players talked and according to you, you was bodying everybody.
    Now, it's lag [​IMG] Here, I'll give you an even better excuse: you're just not playing as good as you used to. There, that will help you save face. You're good, there's no doubt, it's just that lately, due to problems and complications, etc., etc., you just don't have the fire to play how you used to and you're not playing as good... but you're still good!
    I know this is a fighting game forum and right now we're fighting with words (lol) but this is pointless.
    You're not going to back down and neither am I. Bottom line:
    Excuses don't do shit for you or me. Yeah, they might make you feel better inside but they really don't do shit for your gameplay. Real talk.

Slide, I'm not going to break down your post. According to you, what I talked about doesn't work here... whatever that means. I'm guessing you don't "get" my angle even though I've laid out exactly what I'm saying in clear words. Here it is again, in a nutshell: players like Denkai, GT and Adam never complained to me. They just find a way to beat me. That's it. From good to bad lag, they beat me by reading me. Yomi. It's that simple.
    I don't get this whole "we've talked about lag" thing you wrote about. Again, NONE of the players I mentioned have complained to me about lag. If you want to say "oh, that' just coincidence"... hey, whatever man. Unless the connection is 1 bar or gray bars, then, I understand.

If I was to grade lag from 1-10 with 10 being the worst, I would say that each individual connect to the players I'm using as examples goes like this:
    GT: 2 at best - 3 at worst
    Denkai: 1 at best - 3 at worst
    Adam: 3 at best - 8 at worst

That last one was when I played Adam while he was in Japan. So, what do you think happened? Did I run all over Adam? I mean, I'm an awesome lag fighter, the more lag the better, right? My abare shoulda destroyed Adam since there was more lag, so more abare from me and I ran all over him, right?
    Nope. I got my wins but it was business as usual. Adam found a way to come out on top through the art of yomi.
    What can I say, he's on top XD

It's that freaking simple folks. For anybody who thinks this is about ego or whatever... please read my posts. I'm a realist, I know my limitations. I am nowhere near a top level player. On a scale of 1-10 my reading is a 6 (above average) and my defense is 4 (below average) That's real. No sugar coating. My win ratio online has increased but guess what? So has my win ratio offline. When I play my friends offline they are impressed by my progress... but that's only my offense and my yomi. They know that once I get on a roll, I'm hard to stop but they start to read me and break down my defense. At the end of the night, I get more wins in our VF sessions in 2010 than I used to get our VF sessions in 2009 but I don't get a big head about it. My defense is still below average. It is what it is.
    Please, no more excuses. Whether offline or online, just win.

Shoutout to Overfiend who just finds a way to win. Regardless of circumstance, he finds a way to go even with me. When I get on a roll, haha, I can tell Overfiend is just looking for an opening, a spot to get on a roll of his own and then BAM! A shift in momentum. It's not cuz he's my boy or whatever. Me and Overfiend have disagreed in the past about whatever but the fact remains that he's one of the most improved VF players on this site. Why? Read his posts and you will see why. His attitude. Like his boy would say "Less talk (excuses), more action!" [​IMG]

18. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Neither side is going to shake on the matter.

This is online arguing, after all.

EDIT: Let me clarify this a little bit better for you. Lag can sometimes really effect a lower end player like myself, not only because something might not work consistently, but I also mentally stop myself from abusing lag so I thus prevent myself from even trying shit sometimes.

Also lag is a great excuse for a lower end player like myself to bring up when I lose, even though I don't make excuses like that to players anymore because it just doesn't matter. And finally, some players in this thread make excuses to me too, even things that have nothing to do with lag. But who really cares though? We all make excuses, even if we're not overt about them.

The whole point I'm trying to make here, is that these things are factors, but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, just play the game, do you, and don't start feeling yourself. That's it, to me.

19. TheWorstPlayer

Dr Familia,

You have a lot more emotionally invested in this than I do since the conversation is shifting to you thinking I give excuses to why I lost. Why you think I am as good as I was when the game came out when I played everyday, all the time, versus now where I took a break for almost a year and now play maybe twice a week is beyond me.

Ask Slide we had a pretty interesting conversation as to tendencies in gaming stems to tendencies in real life. When I don't feel like its worth putting a lot of effort into it; I don't. I already told you you're better than me. Thats not a downplay; is a compliment! Does it cheapen your win? No, it just affirms it! Remember there is a HUGE gap in skill level in this game whether you agree to it or not. Don't patronize me by saying I'm good at this game at this stage. I used to bullshit about sucking but that was when I was good lol!

I think Cozby said it right, "Most players that play VF5 right now wouldn't be relevant if more people played the game."

Sure Gentlemanthief has better reaction time than I do, but that doesn't stop his "online play" from kicking in; whether he's aware of it or not. What do you think "getting used to online play" means. It means you play differently. There is an ideal way to play differently; chances are you can get better at minimizing your losses due to lag.

Now on to things not regarding my need to "feel good about myself." Not everyone says things in self interest. It's what is. You must not think I'm a good player if you don't think I can recognize myself blocking a 2P and being hit with a follow up I should have been able to interrupt. Its an example o LAG, and it happened more than once.

You all need to read or maybe I haven't been clear the past 3 times I wrote it.

YOU DID 2P and I BLOCKED IT.
    YOU WERE AT -5. YOU ABARED at -5 with an uppercut.
    and hit me out of MY 2P.

You were the one attacking out of disadvantage.

Whether you like it or not, lag is a legitimate excuse. It's like I'm in a street fight. I'm kicking the other guys ass, suddenly I slip on some ice, causing me to get kneed in the chin and dazed. Wait! The other guy saw the ice! Why didn't I? He must be the better fighter right?

Can you compensate for lag? Sure. But it changes the game
    into more guess work than EDUCATED guess work. You know why
    these players you mentioned aren't effected by these things as much? They utilize a lot more tools because they are advanced players, including but not limited too stepping, fuzzying, ETEG, delays etc. (These are what I call good players, I do none of that; the fact that you used one of the, if not THE best US player as an example of someone you can't beat despite lag is comical)I shouldn't have had to do all that shit. The 2P should have beaten your uppercut because YOU WERE AT DISADVANTAGE. Lag makes it so sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. The good thing is that doesn't have to determine the match, but sometimes it does.

That being said you should know by now that I don't give a fuck about online plays faults. Shit I'M THE ONE that tried to push a competitive online environment with Shakedowns. For some reason you think I'm attacking you, while I'm simply showing why I can understand why people don't think online VF is adequate.

It's not that I can't lose the argument since there isn't one. Online play changes things, people that play by the system don't like it. You want them to. They won't. I'm just explaining why they won't. Unless you can prove that VF5 online always works the way it should. You won't change their minds. You not wanting to accept my explanation doesn't change the fact that this is the case.

Me, I play because I like the game, win or lose.

OH I think I know why you wrote that SDS. It was the other day when I just kept doing dumb shit with Jeff. It was a combination of me talking with someone else, getting pissed off at said joystick because my buttons don't always work, and me blowing off steam. I was being half assed all night. When I'm pissed about the day I always fuck around online, I just can't help it. That being said you probably would have beaten me anyway.

Hows that for an excuse. If you think that's the way I normally play when my head IS in the game, then I wonder why you'd play someone who sucks so bad in the first place. SDS you're cool though; you bring it whether I'm fucking around or not. Consistency in you is commendable. Even if you're losing you'll at least give it a college try before disconnecting [​IMG]

Shit just listen to Slides post. Does anyone have anything useful to say like what J6Commander posted?

20. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    2p blocked > Any move of your choice has nothing to do with on-line play it's just hit checking. If your slow to respond after a 2p is blocked it is your fault. Sometimes you'll see players wait even at +5 just to see what the opponent will do.

(I know that in online situations you can attack immediately and still lose the exchange..)

No player 100% hit checks all the time and the buffering system aids that. Plenty of times I've done 2p blocked > 6k. Funny how I've been CH'd more than it's actually worked.

However it happens because 2p is one of the fastest moves in the game.

This topic was good till people started talking about online again.....It's been done 10001 times already...

Some players like to attack in dis adv more than others but a good player isn't just decided on that fact alone.

Hell there are some players who are just really super technical when it comes to VF and there are others who just know what you're going to do..

Nice thread lets keep it going!!