1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about some moves

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Rulakir, May 20, 2009.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Been trying to learn a bit more about Lei Fei of late to augment my knowledge about him and whether to pick him up as a character. Still trying to figure out which stance does what, but from the looks of it, he's a monster....

I have a couple of questions off my experiments in Dojo mode that I was wondering if anyone can tell me about in terms of versus or using him:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif stances:
    Zen Ten-Tou Kuu Ren Sen Kyaku
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    Having some problems where when a Leifei does this, I can't seem to get out of the catch throw versus mid kicks guessing game beyond Fuzzy guarding. Evading, DS/OM at the last moment to avoid the mid kicks don't seem to work either. Any advice if there's a suitable defense ?

Bokutai Stance (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif):
    -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    This looks like it goes under high attacks, and looks non-Pak Sao-able or Sabaki-able ? Probably evadable, but I'm not sure...

Suirakan Shiki Stance (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif)
    -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    This again looks like it goes under high attacks and non-evadable ?

Honshin Kousou (Not sure how to get to this stance from Dojo yet..)"
    -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    For these 3 sequences, it looks like they'll evade standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifs, and looks like the evade needs to be both stance and timing specific ? Looks interruptable, but not sure what sort of moves would knock Lei Fei out of this ?

Thanks in advance! There are a few decent Lei Feis around, but I haven't been going to the arcade for months to ask, so any advice/pointers you guys can give would be great.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    The best way to deal with the Doku roll IMO is to hit him before he gets his attack out, preferably with a big floater since the roll can go under highs... the 50/50 shot between a mid > combo and catch throw is dangerous, so its best to beat him before he can force that guessing game on you.

Bokutai /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is an extremely good ranged lei-fei attack. It's safe, avoids highs, crouch staggers, and leaves him in ura koko for more guessing. I typically use it after a backdash or a move with good pushback such as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Suirakan /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a linear attack; I don't think it goes under highs though.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Indeed, the doku-roll guessing game is pretty difficult to defend against, although it depends on the character you play. Sarah can P+K sabaki both options at once, but most characters should just try to hit him out of the roll.

4. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    in the doku roll u can hit p+k+g to go to ura nehan shiki for more mind games unless ur opponent doesnt hit u during the roll. its reckless but doku roll -uranehan-doku -doku roll k or throw FTW LOL

5. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

This may not be the optimal solution, but i have one way that works reasonably well for two situations.
    situation 1, ur opponent has an even mix of roll k or catch throw.
    situation 2, ur opponent does the catch throw much more often then the roll k.

If u simply wait till the end of lei's roll and do a throw every time, it should trump the catch throw but lose to the roll k. I believe the roll kk 2p 33p pkg kk combo is 51 damage, or maybe a little harder versus a throw attempt, or approximately around here. Thus if ur throw damage is around 50 or above u should be coming out about even given the 2 situations above.

I know this isn't really a great strategy, but on the other hand if u feel like u don't have a defense against roll mixup, at least this gives u an easy to implement a strategy that will have u coming out ahead in some situations. Also, it isn't as reflex reliant as hitting out of the roll (which can be difficult for a lot of people). Of course, hitting them out of the roll is probably best.