1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Standing PPP Mixups

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    You guys make it out to be that every video of KiwE that is on the internet, and has ever been on the internet, is a total anomaly. I’ve been seeing vids of the guy since the EVO days, and he has always displayed a very, very clear case of suck. But what do I know, right? I suck too :|

If you want to believe that KiwE is a good player, that’s cool. More power to you, I won’t be arguing this point anymore. And if you want to believe that there are monsters that hide in your closet, hey, that’s cool too.

2. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    IMHO don't bother with 3p (* edit - my bad, i thought you were talking about DS 3p *), 1p shuts down all the immediate options except DMPK, and it will actually knock down if blaze is doing something that takes him off the ground. Most other chars' ducking mids are too slow to beat his elbow in this situation (I know kage chop, lau 6p+k etc fail), but vane's 1p will win. aoi 43p and other stuff faster than 18 frames should probably work, but i dont know for sure.

As long as we're talking anti-PPP strats, couple more random tips from when we were practicing against it (for chars that dont have 1 move with broad utility):

Lowpunch will hit the recovery of immediate pppk even though it's a jumping move. results may vary, but it works for real mens' (tm) characters jeff, lau, akira. obviously lowpunch is fast enough to stuff most other things aside from DMPK and 8PK. Not a lot of reward here but its one way to encourage risky things like 8pk.

HURT BLAZE BADLY for 8pk. E.G. Jeff can do 4k to stop most stuff, and if it hits against 8pk, dont just settle for a feeble 2kg, it will do even less damage than usual. Do the standard knee combo (jab, 43pk bounce, knee or airthrow ) for a nice 70 points of damage reward off a relatively safe 14 frame mid. Figure out what's good for your character here. Important thing is, when blaze is floating dont go "omgwtf my normal combo wont work", tack on some damage and push him across the ring.

HURT BLAZE BADLY for immediate K. E.G. jeff can fuzzy under it and get a guaranteed 6k combo for 88 points of damage. There's an audio cue when blaze does the K, so that "yip yip yip HAA" should be like a dinner bell going off in your mind, don't wait for him to finish spinning around before punishing. Fuzzying and standing up in time to block 8pk is not hard, just be calm about it (and dont try to punish it on block with pk, its a 2 choice). You'll probably get hit by a low for fuzzying, so keep in mind stagger recovery vs the dropkick. Biggest threat you face when fuzzying is lowthrow; it is possible to put in 1 throw escape on reaction if you're looking for it. If you can break 3pkg even 1/3 - 1/2 of the time that you fuzzy, you will cut his average reward considerably.

I'm not saying that all of this is easy, but it can be trained and does actually work. Yes, good blaze can still outguess you but on average in this situation he should be losing out by 5-10 points of damage, (as opposed to +4 situation where he should be winning by 5-10 points).

3. CIDKID

CIDKID Well-Known Member

Wow! Didn’t think you guys would go to such great length's explaining the properties of PPP.

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Why not, it proved it work against the "Legendary" Youske this past Weekend. All the setups work. Once I landed PPP, then throw and PPP, sidestep then K for MC and PP, 1P. I had a smile on my face...You had Youske on tournament mode, because of those "PPP's" The one that bug me was PPP, 1K+G then 1K+G again(MC after the hit) good risk, and you won the match with that too. Even though he whoop are assess(Actually, I got more of a beating then you did, lol)PPP mixups was getting to him. One thing for sure, during the course of the night, your play skill improve dramatically, Youske gave you props on that as well. Watching him play makes you see the game VERY different. The man has a good flow.

EDIT-Not to confuse anyone here, I'm not claiming CIDKID or me was destroying or even had a abundance of close matches because of "PPP" just stating that the list you see in the OP work, that's all.

5. wrinty

wrinty Active Member

nice thread, the whole point is after ppp you still have options, because nothing is guaranteed at -4.

But what about throw(opponents) after a ppp? i dont know the exact frame data but none of these moves i think execute in under 8 frames?

Yeah you can fuzzy but your suppose to be on offense.

Wait if you p you would get throw clash?