1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      Cool, just let me know when you want to spar. I'm on now btw if you want to go a couple rounds now.
    2. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      Cool, just let me know when you want to spar. I'm on now btw if you want to go a couple rounds now.
    3. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Currently at work, but I should be on this evening after 8:30 pm.
    4. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Will do indeed!
    5. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      YOOOOOOOOOO.......!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    6. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      Well Blackstar, soon you will be called out. Whatcha gon do? Lol
    7. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      It is hard for me to not think of @BLACKSTAR when I hear the name Sarah Bryant, so it is only proper to put him on my target list. lol
    8. Tricky
      Tricky
      @Swordfish2 is starting to get it. If you don't mind my pushing you, I'd say to aim your list even higher and put the Japanese players you want to face on there. Aim for the real top, not the USA top.

I'd raw you.
      Craigbot and Blitzball Champ like this.
    9. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      You make an excellent point. The only 4 I am familiar with are Fuudo, Itbashi Zangief, Chibita, and I'm not sure if I said this one correctly, but Shironuko (the top El Blaze player)? Is it even possible to sync up with these players? That would ROCK! As far as you @Tricky I will not give up until I am able to defeat you, so I will keep on playing you as I see you!
      Craigbot likes this.
    10. Jacko
      Jacko
      lol yeah, cause it's easy to play top Japanese players on XBL. Not trying to put you on blast or anything, but I wouldn't give advice that you aren't able to take yourself, I'm just saying. It's cool to aspire to "beat" the Japanese, but the game isn't active enough to see them consistently come over here or for us to go over there, so it's best if he stick with playing top USA players. You're not going to find them (JPN) on XBL, and if you're LUCKY, you MAY find them on PSN. At least USA players, ranging from mid-top, play actively on XBL/PSN on a consistent basis. Don't aspire to beat overseas if you can't beat what's in your own backyard.
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    11. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      I definitely see your point and it is very valid. Thanks for the feedback and honesty Jacko! I figured it would be rather difficult outside of attending major events.
      Jacko likes this.
    12. Jacko
      Jacko
      The only time TO have played and beaten the Japanese was at Sega Cup this year. The only person who acquire this "goal", was @Lucky_GT at least year's event. Sadly, if a once a year event is the only time to play japanese players in this game, then you're best just settling for beating America's best.
      BlackGeneral and Blitzball Champ like this.
    13. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Yeah, fair enough.
    14. Tricky
      Tricky
      First, @Jacko I feel like you read into my comment and found something that wasn't actually there in it but I don't know how to address it because I don't really know where the misunderstanding was. Either in reading your response or in you reading my first post. There is nothing being put on blast, so that part confuses me. How are you putting me on blast? (aside: rest of the post is not targeting you.)

Aspirational goals don't have to be achieved they're just a direction to work toward. Much like Ryu, the goal is to learn about yourself through training and push the limits of ones own understanding. Not simply to "beat" someone, but to beat yourself through increased understanding.

I'm in a place now where I look inside myself for my skill affirmation and am steady in my belief regardless of the popular opinions swaying one way or another. At the end of the day, looking for other people to affirm my skill is a fools game. Win or lose, I know where I am no longer bothered by others who impose on me their own conception of what I think of myself as a player because people tend to see what they want to see, not what is actually there.

@Swordfish2 be the player you wish to be and do not be apologetic about it. Take my advice as just that advice, a suggestion, something that you can choose to throw away if it doesn't work for you. I only know my own path and do not presume to know what is best for you or anyone else. I hope you find your way to truth and greatness in battle.
    15. Jacko
      Jacko
      I didn't want you to think that I was trying to troll you (which I do to you a lot), I was stating the facts that you have yet to topple America's best, so to even ascertain if you're capable of beating the Japanese players shouldn't even be a factor, UNTIL you've beaten the best here. That's why I was saying to you: Don't give @Swordfish2 the advice of striving to beat the Japanese when you haven't done so yourself + the fact the VF5FS doesn't have a big enough scene to give the opportunity to play them on a consistent basis.

To be honest, my 100% honest truth is that: if you (generally speaking) can't beat the best the USA has to offer, don't even be concerned about beating the Japanese. That's like, saying you want to end World poverty, but can't even end the poverty in your own neighborhood.

lol at the Ryu analogy. I see what you're saying, and you're right, but when you're applying it to a fighting game or any competitive sport, you'll never know where you stand in skill until you actually accomplish these goals.
    16. Tricky
      Tricky
      @Jacko I'm glad we were able to exchange our views. I respect your viewpoint, and please don't view my disagreement as me trying to make you change yours. I still am going to think the same way about it and encourage others to and let them choose how they want to view it.

btw: I accomplish my goals, the thing is you don't know what my goals are so you won't know when or what they are when accomplished. I have my own metric of success and please don't impose yours on me just as I won't impose mine on you.
      Ellis likes this.
    17. Jacko
      Jacko
      Just so we're clear, we are talking about FS goals? Because I don't want you to think I'm insinuating anything regarding the goals in your life. I know you've accomplished those and continue to do so, and have nothing but respect for that.

But if you say you've accomplish your FS goals, then so be it. I'm just stating how I, and probably 90% of competitive players, view the way to look at "moving up the ladder", so to speak.
      Ellis likes this.
    18. Tricky
      Tricky
      Long aside (kept getting longer each edit): I did not think you were talking about other areas of my life, thxn for checking in on that. Though how I've gotten good at VF is similar if not exactly the same way i've gotten good at everything else in life, that's why i know they work for me and is where I'm coming from with this attitude. That's kinda where the disconnect is for me about this. I'm sharing with you how I've done that and is probably why it sounds like I'm talking about life; it could be applied to life just as easily as VF. The main diff in life is that everyone isn't on the same tier rank and it makes things turn out differently for different people because of, well, prejudice. There are a ton of reasons why I can hold this attitude of privilege that I'm sharing, and is why I'm not forcing it on you. I'm just sharing it with the hopes that I'll be respected even within dissent. I feel like people jump down my throat when I share this view of mine, within the confines of VF, and I end up feeling like I'm disrespected for not changing.

I'd like to be able to express my view to others without it being a big thing every time. I'm asking to be respected as an autonomous individual and player.

That said, rest of the post is only about VF.

Actual post:

Based on what I'm understanding as your metric (correct me if wrong) I could try to ask you similar questions of when have you actually beaten me in a set of consequence and if what matters is winning, then why do you not accept my way? It's gotten me far in this game, and honestly farther and closer to beating stronger players than you have. I'd say we should do another FT10 at NL on stream (or at my crib on stream) to remind you who the stronger player is between the two of us, but I don't think that will change anything. It hasn't before and I feel like there is something else (other than the nWo) that's getting in the way of respecting me as a player that is stronger.

There are areas where we fundamentally disagree about how the game should be played to be strong. VF is about play styles and some counter others more easily. There is not a ladder of players where if you're *this good* you won't lose to anyone below you. At a level it's about being *this good* + *your play-style is good against this style of player*. This is beyond just yomi in my mind (and others but I'm not going to put others on blast).

Maybe we need to put something more substantial than food/money on the line for the next FT10 for us.
    19. Cozby
      Cozby
      I didn't make the team :(

Anyone need water?

P.S. all of my reticles are towards the East. Why? Although I can't set goals for others, the fact is, we don't have to suck at this game, and it's something that I want to see removed from any presumption.

GTsus, etc. etc.
    20. Tricky
      Tricky
      @Rodnutz didn't either :(