1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Mutant, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Mutant

Mutant Member

Hey, I'm going to be in san jose from the 19th-23rd so I figured I would check out sunnyvale golfland. If anyone could tell me how to get there and when the best time to go is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

here's the address 855 E. El Camino Real

afternoons would be the best time for me but probably the other bay area vfers would invite you over to their house or somethin'

3. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

hey Jason (Jacky bro) what's up? I haven't seen you or heard from you in a while. Are you still going to SVGL? You should come and join our VF4 @ home group. It's pretty much been me, Howard, Chris and Don. Actually Silepai and Wen showed up on Mar 2. We should set something up. Let me know what your schedule is like for next weekend. I might go on Sat to SVGL before I go to Howard's place.

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Afternoons are best for me too, be sure to let us know what your schedule is like so we can figure something out.

5. jackybrothas

yo akira!!! wassup??? i have been going a few times now and then but not as much as before cuz of school.. yea we gotta organize somethin

6. Mutant

Mutant Member

Well, I'll be at GDC on thurs, fri, and sat, and there's a few parties I'll probably attend in the evening, but I'd really like to spend one night playing some vids. Let me know what works for you.

Mike

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Saturday night is probably the only night I can make it. I won't be able to have people over to play the PS2 version but SVGL would be fine too.

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I dunno what works for you guys, but I'd prefer Friday over Saturday. (Cassandra Wilson is playing in SF that night). But given everyone seems to be gathering at Howard's on Saturdays maybe that would be the best time.

-Jason

9. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Anybody up for fudd & games on Saturday? How about dimsum, bubble tea, and VF in the afternoon/evening? That sounds like a yummy combo =D

Ooh, I forgot VF4 is out tomorrow! Any suggestions on where's the best place locally to get a PS2 and mod it for Japanese/burned games? What about yellow Pai stix =P

10. jackybrothas

sounds like fun... but what's going on??? hehe i dunno im up all in the mix...

anyway got back from svgl and met up with malek (curse) i think i'll most likely be at svgl wednesday afternoon, friday afternoon/night (not so sure) and saturday ummmm well what's happening on saturday?

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

To keep you updated, Mutant from Vancouver BC is coming down to your area for some games. He's a great guy and imo lots of fun to play against in VF! Lots of good things to say about him.

In any case, just think of this as an opportunity to meet up with another fellow VFer from the continent.

-Chanchai

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's going to be Friday at my place and Saturday at Howard's place... or Friday night at Howard's and Saturday at my place, or whatever works best. SVGL? What's that? =P Seriously, though, there's no real reason to play ver.B on crap sticks and pay for play when we've got the Hori sticks, VF.net etc. at home.

There's also a Japanese exchange student that's studying in SF this semester and emailed me two days ago; he's played VF2-4 in Tokyo vs all the tetsujins... hooray for more good competition! (Hi Yusuke! =)

Conference just ended in Florida, should be back in the Bay Area this evening... I'll give Howard/Jason/Akira a call and see where's the best place/time for everyone to meet up this weekend (I'm also trying to avoid a last minute biz trip out to LA on Friday, bleh).

Looks like we might be able to set up a tournament this weekend, with potential participants:
    - Howard (segaduck)
    - Akira T.
    - Don M.
    - Jason Cha (nblion)
    - Yusuke (akapan)
    - Michael (Mutant)
    - Nengli
    - Jenny (siLEpai)
    - Dave (Yamcha)
    - Jason (jackybrothas)
    - Frank (mushen)
    - Joe (galzpanic)
    - Chris (FeixaQ)

I doubt we can get *everybody* in the above list, but if we get a sizeable number of players, I'll bring my PS2 so we can have two sets running. EVERYBODY BRING YOUR MEMORY CARDS! =)

In any case, will reconfirm and post a followup thread hopefully by this evening.

13. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Great!!! It's nice to see new competitor coming in. Welcome to Bay Area group, Yusuke!!!

Chris, I will call you after I finish the midterm on Thursday and let's setup everything on this coming weekend.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, do you Cali players have plans to congregate at E3? If someone was to visit, when would be a good time? =)

15. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

What up guys,

I don't know if I'll be able to make it Friday night. UFC is Friday night!!! Anyone interested in mixed martial arts is welcome to come by my house and check it out. I'll setup vf4 on a seperate tv if you guys want to just play and not watch.

I don't know about entering any tournament. I'm getting my ass handed to me by the computer all day. There's so many new things in vf4... sigh. But I still want to meet all you guys so I'll try to make it on Saturday, where ever it is. All I know is I'm gonna get my ass handed to me all night. I need to train more.

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You should go for a tournament anyways IMO... for a gathering of this size, a friendly round robin is a good idea, as it guarantees that everyone gets a chance to fight everyone else.

My money is on siLEpai =)
    Remember it's KK --> pounce
    not f+KK --> pounce....

/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm definitely thinking about heading down to E3... maybe with 2-3 other guys from NorCal. Not sure what the plan is just yet though...

18. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    It is March Madness . . . instead of b-ball we have a pool of VFers. Instead of money, we can play for kOoKiEs, corndogs, and mochi ice cream =D That's what fudd 'n games is all about *yum*! Wish you were here with us Jim. We're missing a kickass Sarah in our li'l VF crew. Plus, you can drill some more tips into my brain! In the mean time, I'll try to make you proud by limiting my randum pouncing =P

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

SF on Friday @ Chris'; San Jose on Sat @ Howard's

Okay, here's the plan:

Friday, 7pm PST - VF4 at my place in San Francisco.
    If you need directions, send me an ICQ at 5836001 or email me at feixaq@pobox.com

Saturday, 4pm PST - VF4 at Howard's place in San Jose.
    If you need directions, contact Howard at segaduck@hotmail.com (either via email or MSN Messenger), or you can ask me as well; I have the directions to his place.

20. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Re: SF on Friday @ Chris'; San Jose on Sat @ Howard's

To whom wants to come on Saturday, please leave a mesage on this thread. I wanna count how many people will come and I can prepare some food for you guys if possible.
    Thanks.