1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 El Blaze moves

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Also with all but the heaviest characters, 1p+k can turn into a quick combo if you hold 6 during the 1p+k and pppk while they're still in the air.

If your opponent doesn't tech roll (usually this combo happens too fast for them to react anyway) you can immediately RD into a knee that hits them on the ground, then ground throw, for about 100 damage.

I've found it's a great way to unsettle an abare opponent

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    You can do more damage than that! [6][P]+[K][P], [K][K][K] should hit IIRC. [​IMG]

Nice to see another Blaze! [​IMG]

3. CorgiInSpace

CorgiInSpace Member

On that one, do I have to dash-in before doing the [6][P]+[K][P]? Been messing with [1][P]+[K] too when I read about it

4. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    No just do 6 [P][+][K] or [6_][P] right after 1 [P][+][K] hits. The way this move hits isn't always consistent so you won't be able to get the combo every time.

Also, I believe against the lightest opponents you can land [6_][P],2 [P][+][K],[K][K][K] .

5. CorgiInSpace

CorgiInSpace Member

Guess I better get used to getting that [6_][P] post [1][P]+[K] for a bit.

And to contribute to the thread, here's my top 10 so far (in no particular order)

[6][P]+[K]
    [6][K]
    [3][P]+[K] attack throw
    [4][3][K]+[G] attack throw
    Rocket Discharge in general (loving Cartwheel into Space Rolling Elbow, low Dropkick, and the knee of course)
    Tiger Step [K] into RD or Catch Throw
    [4][6][P] and its follow-ups
    [8][P]+[K]
    [6][K]+[G]
    [K]+[G]

6. Vick Vega

Vick Vega Well-Known Member

PSN:
    V1ckV3GA
    XBL:
    V1ckV3GA
    [4] [P]+[K] is good for getting the upper hand right when the match starts. It's also resourceful after a quick recovery, especially on opponents who like to rush in right after

7. Voltaige

Voltaige Active Member

XBL:
    Voltaige
    Sabaki anything? I don't know, I find it really tricky after Sabaki a punch and landing catscratch if they imminently go to block.

8. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    I posted about this in another thread but the short version is that you usually wont have enough frame advantage to land scratch rush after you sabaki a punch. I recommend going for [6][K][+][G] instead.

9. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

6K+G is definitely recommended if you get a punch sabaki as it's the fastest, way of getting damage. Another option is 3P+K Hit throw. Knee is 17 frames, 3P+K Hit Throw is 18 so it's within general reason. Scratch Rush would be absolutely amazing to do if you could combo into it but I haven't found anything that gives you enough advantage to land it.

10. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    I guess I have a list too.

46P
    - and its derivatives kill P at -9 after blocked 8P+K, which is craaazy. Second P must be high blocked after the first and last high kick (46PPK), while duckable, does +3 for block. 46PK for mixing. Delayable too.

4PK
    - safe and nasty , has many uses. Almost a spammable full circ mid K, amazing.

2_6P+K
    - deceptive, fast (14f) and body crumbles for a nice combo. As satisfying as useful.

9P+K
    - Blaze needs long range options and this is the one. A special high K can lead to a nasty combo by a tough stagger and not doing the kick lead to BT antics.

8P+K
    - the low kill option. Even when blocked (-9), buffering 46P beats punches which is crazy (see above).

1P
    - chip those points! Rarely blocked and safe on block (-8), yet evadable.

- for those pesky turtles. Special high is always good.

4P+K
    - this just feels natural. Nice BT antics with NH, but the lightness of Blaze ups the risk.

- an underused high block stagger for some pressure and rocket with KD hit

9P+G
    - an evade eating catch throw to use when opponent sees 8P+K or blocks high no matter what (and TEs like no end).

3/7 P+K+G
    - meaties? Has cool stuff on okizeme. Nuff said.

11. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

my top 10 in no particular order since everyone is doing them.

46p - goes under high punches at disadvantage. useful vs. characters with high punch happy strings like brad and lau. the p and k followups are also great pokes to continue your offense and the enders have good setups after knockdown/stagger.

4pk - half circular high into a full circular mid. you can hold forward for rd after this and confirm if the k hits to continue an rd mixup or if blocked can jump back to safety and start your offense all over again. great against evade happy opponents.

1p - your safest low. it has some evading property to whiff through certain moves and hit your opponents recovery. hitting your opponent with this move into the wall can give a soft wall stagger that can be combo'd into with shadowhammer which you are already buffering since the 1p starts low.

6k - great move to poke with at a distance. you can basically hold forward after this move since it will only go into rocket discharge on hit making it safer to use than something like 66k which will go into rd on block and get you into trouble. on side counter hit it will combo into hotdog and make your opponent sad.

46p+k - easier to hit confirm into counter hit due to stomach crumple animation giving you all the time in the world to start your combo. you are able to press the guard button immediately for hit checking or clearing the buffer for movement, where 4p+k you basically have to commit to something right after or get back hit/thrown on block. since you are facing forward on normal hit compared to 4p+k, you have more options to use with your advantage compared when being backturned. (i still think 4p+k is a great move of course :p)

2_6p+k - fast and long reaching combo starter from normal hit. great move for ducking and whiff punishing high ending strings such as wolf's hcb pp, goh's 3pp, and shun's 1kk. learn to crouchdash buffer it so you can get more damage off punishing -15 moves rather than doing 6pk or p+kpp.

3k+g - use as a combo ender when going for ground scrape hits if your opponent is scared to tech and you want to keep up the rocket discharge momentum. great also vs. shun when you win the round and want to shave off that extra drink point on his dead body from basically any knockdown.

4/3k+g on hit p+g - use for whiff punishing when you want to play at a distance. great for getting a knockdown and using after baiting a mid rising attack. big damage and leaves you at a perfect distance to go into a demon dance setup when you both get up.

rocket discharge 9k+g - use as a meaty setup on knockdowns when your opponent techs from combo enders such as kkk, 2kpk, and 3k+g. you can hit check into the followup p option for a combo or use the k followup to break their standing guard if they can shake the stagger to keep them guessing into another rocket discharge mixup.

tigerstep p on hit p+g - use as an easy meaty setup on knockdowns when your opponent techs from punishment moves like 6pk and p+kpp and other moves that can't be rocket discharged from after knockdown.

honorary mention

1p+k - great for making your opponents moves whiff as you sway back and hit them in their recovery. use in situations where you know their attack will touch you at their max distance or to avoid the last hit in a mid ending string that doesn't move too far forward.

12. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

AKA ShinobiFist's go to move. Got hit by that so many times.

13. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

4p+k:
    counterhit launcher, beastly vs taka

4,3k+g ~ p+g:
    great damage for a half circular long range poke, great wiff punisher

4,6k ~ 4 or 6(option select both):
    RD on hit or block? count me in

6p,(k):
    Elbow class move, knocks down to setup either a salsa step or OTG(2k, p, k into RD is really strong)

3p+k ~ p+g:
    technically two moves, option selects after a knockdown youll either elbow and grounded opponant or go into a mid hit into RD against techrollers

6k:
    safe, fast mid that enters RD at a good distance

9k+g(From RD):
    beastly move in pretty well any situation you can enter RD

2p:
    duh

4,6p:
    evades highs moves up to -5(I think, or maybe -6?) leads to some very strong strings

p+g(From RD):
    HOTDOG, YES!