1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Training Mode

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by no_w_h_ere, Mar 9, 2013.

1. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    throw_sabaki.jpg

In free training I always wondered how to use the input display ?
    The white ones is a timer up to 999 frames, the yellow ones is the length of time you push the button, but how do you use that ? ( aside to correct your useless inputs, see picture ^^").

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Like a typical book or newspaper article, Input data info should be read across from left to right first, then from one line to the next line directly below it. Every input you make or don't make on the controller is tracked chronologically in this order.

The white number indicates number of frames that the controller sits in idle position (no directional input and no button inputs).

The yellow number indicates number of frames specified by directional and/or button input listed on the same line to the right.

The white shading that's shown indicates binding inputs -- meaning that there has been an input change between the stick and/or buttons among the constant(s). For a simple example, let's say that you press [6][K][+][G] to start off. Next, the [G] button has been let go along with the 'right' direction on stick at the same time... all the while the [K] is still held down. Then for this example you would see a binding [K] for multiple lines on the Input Display screen once you perform these varying inputs in sequence, as it represents the constant input during the changes.

Here's how your image above reads in chronological order (values inside parentheses represents frame number):

Line 1: Pressed [6] and the [P] button together for 5 frames (1-5)
    Line 2: Controller sits idle for the following 3 frames (6-8) before the [G] button is pressed for 7 frames (9-15)
    Line 3: Controller sits idle for the following 16 frames (16-31) before the stick is held in [2] direction for 6 frames (32-37)
    Line 4: Controller sits idle for the following 6 frames (38-43) before the stick is held in [4] direction for 3 frames (44-46)
    Line 5: On the next single frame while holding [4] on the stick (47), the [P] and [G] buttons are also being pressed together
    Line 6: On the following two frames while still holding [4] on the stick (48-49), the [K] is also being pressed along with the [P] and [G] buttons which are already held down
    Line 7: The stick is returned to neutral position in the following frame (50) while [P], [K], and [G] buttons are still being pressed
    Line 8: The controller sits idle for the next 5 frames (51-55) before the [G] button is pressed for the following 3 frames (56-58)
    Line 9: Controller remains idle for a while (59-...)

Some moves have to be executed "cleaner" than others (for lack of a better word)... meaning it cannot be off for more than one frame. This feature really helps to let you know exactly where any input mistakes occur whenever any move you try which has complex command inputs isn't pulled off.

Kruza

MakiLeSushi, nou, Tricky and 3 others like this.
  3. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Thank you very much !
    I have to improve these inputs A LOT ^^" : I tried the step asap (not good at that) so 16 frames seem quite too much ^^"
    I tried (and succeeded) the throw sabaki of Goh after a 6P blocked, and DM ( line 2 is a useless input like many others which are my own sweet style ^^").

4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Nice.

My interpretation was that you were trying to input whatever [4][P][+][K][+][G] is, which is achieved in Line 6 of the image above. And notice that you're given one frame of "slack" shown in Line 5 pressing [4] on the stick plus the [P] and [G] buttons together a tad sooner than the [K] button? If that yellow number in Line 5 were a 2 instead of a 1 then I would bet that this move would not have been pulled off, and a completely different move would've come out in its place like [4][P] attack or [4][P][+][G] throw attempt.

And to think... all of these inputs from Lines 1-8 happened in almost one second flat in real time (~60 frames). Heh, stuff happens really quick in this game.

Kruza

nou and MakiLeSushi like this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I want to do more stuff with the input display thing now that I kinda have an idea how it works.