1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Tested and added DS [4][P] followups to the combo list. The side NH and side CH max damage combos seem stance dependent :(

Discovered that OS HCF[P][2] > [2][P] > [6][P][P][K] works vs Lau & Kage, does 2 pts more than the current middleweight combo, added it to the combo list.

And did some testing with OS [1][K][+][G]:

OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] > [3_][K][P][K] works vs Kage, did 5 pts more than the current middleweight combo, added it to the combo list.

OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] > [2][P][+][K] bounds vs Kage both stances!

OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] -> [2][P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][K] 75 damage
    OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] -> [2][P][+][K] -> [K] [P][K] 80 damage (Open Stance only)

However OS [1][K][+][G] CH > [6_][P] > [2][P][+][K] doesn't bound in closed stance :( Maybe someone with better execution skills than me can test if it's possible to bound using dash > [6_][P].

BTW OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] -> [P][P][6][P][P][K] the last two hits don't connect on NH closed stance but they do connect on CH (so i also added it to the combo list). EDIT: and subsequently removed it. There are enough better alternatives already.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Are you sure that Aoi can reverse it? Coz i remember that she cannot =/

3. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Sorry Maki, i moved the IS testing to different (more relevant) thread. Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes, Aoi can use her mid reversal (not Tenchi) to reverse IS [K] - however since it's an MDK she does zero damage. Just a reminder: AFAIK other characters can't reverse MDK attacks.

4. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok u confirmed that aoi is definitly broken!!! =P

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Testing vs Eileen:

Added OS [4][4][K][+][G] -> [2][K][P][6][K] -> [P] -> [2][P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][+][G] or [4][P][+][K] 86 DMG combo i've seen in vids (probably also mentioned somewhere in this forum too, it just wasn't on the combo list yet). 17 dmg more than the current max dmg combo!

Also added [4][4][K][+][G] -> [2][K][P][6][K] -> [3_][K][K] for 81 DMG ("only" 12 points more than the current max dmg combo), in order to test if it works on other lightweight characters.

New combos:

OS [4][1][2][3][6][P][2] -> [2][P] -> [3][P] -> [3_][K][K] 70 DMG, same damage as the current max damage Eileen combo. However, contrary to the [2][P] -> [2][P][+][K] -> [3_][K][K] followup, this combo does not require strict timing, so i'm adding it to the combo list.

OS [3][P][+][K][K] -> [2][P] -> [3_][K][K] 68 DMG, 8 dmg more than the current max damage combo.

EDIT:

Testing vs Aoi, everything seems to work except the foot crumple :(

New combo:

DS [6][K][+][G] > [6_][P] >[4][P][+][K] > [K][K] 66 dmg (2 more than the current max dmg combo)

> [6][P][3][K] ender 68 dmg closed only

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  6. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Tested most of the combo list vs Akira & Jacky.

OS foot crumple > low punch > [6][P][K][K] also works, it just requires a small delay vs akira in closed stance.

OS [1][K][+][G] NH > [6_][P] > [3_][K][P][K] seems to also work against them.

In fact (new max damage combo) it actually also works after OS [6][6][K] CH for 70 dmg. Somehow the OS [6][6][K] launcher was missing so i also added the easiest combo (jab > [6][P][K][K] 65 DMG) for reference.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Added a LOT of Eileen combos from acebreaker's latest vid to the combo list.

Even better news: some of them also seem to work vs heavier characters (ex. vs Aoi).

Big thanks @acebreaker!

EDIT: Even more good news: OS [2][P][+][K] bound > delay [6_][P] > [P][+][K][K] works on middle weights after a bunch of combos! Thanks again acebreaker!

EDIT#2 (March 23rd, 2014): @acebreaker updated his Eileen vid with even more combos. Poor Eileen!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Acebreaker's vid inspired me to test more stuff:

New DS [4][P][+][K] -> [P][+][K][P] -> [6_][P] -> [6][P][+][K][+][G]

It's not max damage but (i) transitions to OS (ii) recovers right on top of the opponent so oki might be interesting. For example: when setting the CPU to techroll in place (exact) OS [6][6][K][+][G] lands as a meaty.

New DS [4][4][K][+][G] -> [2][P] -> [4][P][+][K][+][G] -> [6][P] delay [K][K]

Max dmg vs Pai, Vanessa. I knew this input trick would come in handy eventually!

"New" OS [3][P] CH -> [6][6]->[2][P]->[6][P][P][K] does 1 more damage than [3][3_][K][P][K]

It wasn't on the combo list. Seems to work vs most of the cast except Taka (obviously) and Wolf & Jeffry closed. Remember: it's possible to input the low punch as [3][P][+][K][+][G] in order to minimize stick movement.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Acebreaker's latest vid showcases that [2][P] -> [4][P][+][K][+][G] -> [6][P][K][K] also works against Sarah, Lion and Brad.

He also indicates that the combo also works from DS Hold [G][2]/[8][P] stomach crumples - and, in fact, also works against Lei and Jean!

Bonus: a thorough demonstration of DS [4][P][+][K] -> [P][+][K][P] -> [6_][P] -> [6][P][+][K][+][G] recovery roll traps!

Thank you @acebreaker !

10. acebreaker

acebreaker Member

PSN:
    acebreaker0318
    XBL:
    VF Acebreaker
  11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I found some interesting combos. Actually i can t make videos i ll put it here until i get internet...
    For eileen and blaze: ds 4p+k -> p-> 6k+g-> 66-> p-> 6p3k 78dmg close stance ch
    for all cast: os 6_k-> 1k+g-> om to the stomach side->9k -> 3kk 88 dmg both stances ch (for akira jeff and wolf use 66kp no 3kk 86 dmg)
    All cast no taka: 6_k-> 1k+g -> om to the stomach side -> 9k-> 1f delay 2p -> 66kp 90 dmg both stances ch... Like the combo death scyte 3p -> 2p it doesn t work on exact fall recovery but i finally found a combo with death scyte for heavyweigths more than 84dmg...
    Next step, find a combo with death scyte against taka more than 80 dmg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  12. acebreaker

acebreaker Member

PSN:
    acebreaker0318
    XBL:
    VF Acebreaker
    Hi MAki.

6_k-> 1k+g -> om to the stomach side -> 9k-> 1f delay 2p -> 66kp

Than that of method, this method is stable.
    6_K>1K+G>OM to the vane's stomach side>9K>333P+K+G(2f delay 2P)>66KP
    Taget is 3 person KAGE,GOH,AKIRA.

and other stable combo

6_K>1K+G>P+K+G>6P+K+G>2P>66KP 88dmg
    Target is KAGE,GOH,JACKY,JEAN.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi ace
    when i tested combos with death scyte it worked on all cast no taka ofc why u say target is only kage goh akira?

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Probably because it's unescapable. I tried those vs Goh and they work just fine except that the OM in the first one actually seems to drop the combo.

6_K, 1K+G, OM, 9K, 333P+K+G, 66K,P always green
    6_K, 1K+G, 9K, 333P+K+G, 66K,P always white
    Edit: same thing vs akira. That OM in there is probably a mistake?

15. acebreaker

acebreaker Member

PSN:
    acebreaker0318
    XBL:
    VF Acebreaker

Really?

I tested long time ago,that's combo doesn't worked BRAD,LEI-FEI,LAU,WOLF,JEFFRY.
    Doesn't hit 66KP always if you white.

16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi ace
    when i tested combos with death scyte it worked on all cast no taka ofc why u say target is only kage goh akira?

Ji ll record it asap to show u ace

17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Language barriers here it seems. Ace, it is green "combo". Can be teched out with exact recovery.

Also maki, Ace's combos below are not techable but real combos (except that the OM in there is not supposed to be there).

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok i understand now :) ty lammas

19. acebreaker

acebreaker Member

PSN:
    acebreaker0318
    XBL:
    VF Acebreaker
  20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Hm, I tried that combo with OM on Goh and Akira and the meter went green all the time. With no OM I had a real white combo all the time. Weird.