1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit Vids

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by BLACKSTAR, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Don't know how I never noticed this thread. Some cool stuff in here.

And dam, that combo MTJ did in Game 1/Round 4 in the Finals :eek:

Edit: Cool to see the matches that happen in other countries.

2. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Just watched all of bracket 1 :D

Wow, Marly Jay. You stood out heads and shoulders, i was incredibly impressed by your play. Amazing Eileen. Good defense, nice choices, and simply awesome offensive mix ups and pressures. To make it more impressive, to my untrained eileen eye, it looked like your offense was extemporaneous, rather than that you were running through flow charts and trying to catch people in the same traps/set ups over and over.

I was just overall really digging your game.

Honorable mention to feck, looked solid, altho from a personal standpoint i have a hard time appreciating akira's game. Even when he wins in dominate fashion, it just doesn't look impressive to me. Looks like he's roughly doing the same thing over and over. Thats to say nothing about your playstyle, just the way akira is designed in FS.

(and to a lesser extent the way everyone is designed in FS. One of the things i don't like that they changed is giving less diversity in combo enders. In vanilla, you could substitute different combo's together and only give up a point or two of damage for style. In FS, you are more or less locked into doing the same ender on every combo or giving up 8-10 points of damage for style. Makes the game less visually appealing, imo. I get tired of having to use WS p+k, P to finish all of pai's combos or else i'm giving away considerable damage)./rant

3. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    I'd love to see vids from the NOV. round robin yesterday,

Craigbot likes this.
  4. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Yeah, good matches last night. Your Kage is so good.

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Just a warning, the archive of the Russian postponed October Major is not in my channel archive anymore. So I'm not sure if Twitch.TV will delete the archives of this past weekend event below.

Round Robin #5 Stream Archive -

PS3 League
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League PS3 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 2
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League PS3 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 4
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League PS3 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 5

360 League
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League 360 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 1
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League 360 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 2
    VF Circuit - VFDC Online League 360 - Round Robin #5 - Bracket 4

A good thing to do for those not sure how to improve is to look at your matches and ask yourself in each situation:

1. Did you make the right guess of opponent's action?
    2. Did you chose the right action to defeat opponent's action?
    3. Did you executed correctly the action to defeat opponent's action?

If you guess correctly opponent's action, but do not know how to defeat the action - learn about the action's properties and your options to defeat it.

If you guess correctly opponent's action, chose the right action to defeat it, but failed to execute correctly your action - go practice your execution/reaction/etc/

If you make the wrong guess but chose the right action to defeat the wrong guess - Kudos to your opponent. Play against opponent with emphasis on trying to find a pattern or tendency.

Blatant Advertisement - November Majors this coming weekend (17th-18th)! Don't forget to sign-up and let others that you think would be interested in participating know.

Craigbot likes this.
  6. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Thanks for uploading the matches, Akai. Your questions are very insightful, something I have to ask myself and answer, not just for VF5FS but for all the fighting games I play.

7. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

played like a sack on the 11th sorry bout that. My usual energetic play will return in time for the majors on the 18th for sure.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    The matches from european PS3 RR5 bracket that where not streamed due to connection issues
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV-vPmTspX57YLOVQ9NKnUpxkCaBwv78E

There is one vid missing (2nd match between me and Shinobi - I lost that one and get error while saving the vid... Shinobi send me the replay via email but I can not find the way how to move it into my PS3 :( )

9. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    November Majors Stream Archive (temporary available)

PS3 League
    Russia (1st bracket only) - finals and completion of bracket 2 postponed till next week.
    Europe (1 round of matches only instead of 2 rounds)
    America East
    America West

360 League
    Europe - part 1 / part 2 / part 3 / Finals
    America East
    America West

For those looking at your matches to learn what you might improve on (see my earlier post also):

One thing that you can work on is getting your guarantee damage after successfully blocking a move. Watching some of these matches, a player could have won it because they successfully block a move that you can get guarantee damage afterwards. So a possible thing one can try to do is watch your match. After every move you block, go check the properties to see if your choice of action was an appropriate one. A good resource for guarantee damage is Johoseph's Punishing the Cast.

Craigbot likes this.
  12. EvenPit

I see i did a lot of punishable things there but in the heat of battle you're really not thinking about that stuff (at least im not) you just do what comes naturally, guess thats a bad habit especially if what comes naturally means to freeze up & block.

13. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    As long as we notice our own faults we have a good opportunity to get better, and that's what these events are for I guess. You seem to be aware of some stuff you did wich was punishable, wich is a good sign that you are trying to correct your mistakes. Now, obviously having a punishable move get blocked is not always the result of a mistake. Sometimes you just go for those riskier things for the great reward that comes with them, and it doesn't have to be bad a bad decision imo.

Nevertheless, good thing these vids are up so that we can look back at the events without saving all the matches ourselves. Good job akai, and everyone else uploading!

EvenPit likes this.
  14. EvenPit

I will start from scratch with Eileen when i get my stick & see where my game goes from there.

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    EvenPit - If your opponent you are playing do not punish your unsafe moves, then for that specific opponent, it is a valid way to play against that person :) .

I think if you are taking time to think about things In the heat of battle, you will likely lose some matches because you are reacting too late. You basically have to practice or play to make sound choices as a natural reaction. There were many times, I blocked an unsafe move, but I was too slow to react and get the guarantee damage. It is just something that develops as you play the game and learn to react faster.

Yeah and what Daydream posted - the Circuit was to get people to play together, talk about the game, and what hopefully find like-minded people that would organize and meet each other in offline gatherings.

16. EvenPit

Yeah if my opponent doesn't punish my stuff thats Q for me to go monkey wild, but i think thats my problem. Fighting a lot of players like that creates bad habits for me, so players that just let me do those things isn't good because when someone comes along that knows their stuff they'd surely pick me apart, because i was so used to fighting the type A's & don't know how to deal with the type B's. Thats why I try to find the hardest players to fight with.

17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    And the postponed streamed matches from Bracket 2 (resetted) and Finals.

Bracket 2 Matches
    Final Match Set

Question for those playing in the Circuit and/or watching stream. Should I leave the room mic conversation on for the stream?

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I wouldn't mind having the mic conversation in there akai, best to ask around though. Maybe you can ask in the emails/private messages for the next round robin if no one has replied by then.

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Feck - yeah, I will let the people playing decide if they want it to be streamed or not.

I think I am going to save the chat that happens during the stream also. Tried to make more specific notes of the matches that are going on.

20. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Mister likes this.