1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution for PS2 announced!!

Discussion in 'Console' started by PhoenixDth, Dec 3, 2002.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

Apparently VF evo for PS2 will support progressive scan. So for you HDTV owners luuuuucky!!
    *stated in latest egm

as for me too cheap for hdtv =/

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Good thing Zero is female then.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Wonder what the L3 and R3 buttons will be used for. Nice that they're positioned so people can hit them by accident easily! /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. karphead

karphead Member

I imagine they're for the noobs who need to use them for combo button ([P]+[G], [P]+[K]+[G]) pushing.../versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Someone said it before but I can't recall who, but I think they hit it right on the head. They said it's to please both the Korean style and the Japanese style of button configuration. In Japan, buttons are at an angle where you would use only the red buttons. In Korea, it's more horizontal where you would use the bottom 3 buttons as Guard (red button), Punch (white), and Kick (white) in that order.

I just wish they would add one more button above the last white one to make it a 6 button stick so I could use it for Capcom games as well.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

^^^ The 2 white butoons are L3 and R3, I don't know any fighting game allow you to map those 2 buttons, so even if they add one more, you still can't use it to play Capcom's fighting game.

7. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Yep, you're right about that one. That's what I don't understand is why L3 and R3 when only VF4 is apparently going to have that as an option in the button config menu. It could of easily been one of the other more used buttons.

8. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Who's imorting the Japanese version? I'm not really into the PS2 scene, as I bought one strictly for playing VF4. Is there a way to play imports on a US machine other than an internal modification? It seems like there isn't anything that you can plug in externally.

If this is so, who else is going to buy an import PS2 just to play Evo early, or are you'all (unlucky VFDCers living in North America) going to wait? I'm gonna buy a damn $250 console just for one game.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I think the buttons aren't intended to be mapped for fighting. They're different sizes. Someone had mentioned the Korean straight across setup, but I don't think that's what this is about - if it was for fighting they'd have made them red and the same size. I imagine it's some kind of quest mode navigation thingie or something of that sort.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

don't count me in for a new console... I'd rather burn a copy and go through the tedium of knife swapping, then buy it when it's in the store next door...

11. Catch22

Guess what boys and girls,

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030217/hori.htm

confirms that the extra "L" buttons are for Training Mode use. Just what will they do in Training mode is anyones guess. What's intruiging is that the Training mode has buttons dedicated to it. What function would merit these extra buttons is anyones guess. Auto combo programmable button? Hope not.

...and after a quick translation from Altavista.com:

Private controller and 8MB memory card sale

March 13th consecutively sale

Price: Each 3,980 Yen (private controller)
    2,700 Yen (8MB memory card)

The corporation HORI place t Shaun whom corporation SEGA-AM2 sells on March 13th release does the private controller and the 8MB memory card which designed one for 2 software " ???????? - 4 evolutions " simultaneously with the software. As for price private controller for 3,980 Yen, 8MB memory card 2,700 Yen.

The " ???????? - 4 evolution sticks " midnight 2 types of blue and signal lead-lead. Uses in training mode " the L3 ", " the R3 " button to be added, you use and e.g., resets of the damage and the quantity of the ??? (the L3 button), reset of character position (the R3 button) it can execute directly, the selfishness has improved.

As for the " 8MB memory card ", the memory card where the same software was designed. The original seal of all character has belonged.

THEY SHOULD HAVE PLACED THE BUTTONS ELSEWHERE ON THE STICK IMO.

12. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

L3 = Resets the highest damage combo you have done?
    R3 = Resets the character position?

That's what I got from that little translation~

13. Catch22

Yeah, I know.

Are these buttons even necessary in the position they're in? For some though, they may find it good if they remapped the buttons to take advatage of the obvious N/A layout, which I personally hate.

14. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I can see two things that might make those buttons usefull: one, you'll be able to rotate your character while you customize there look (kinda lazy I know...), two, for those who want to play with a more Korean style layout.

Not very convincing tough...
    Cuz

15. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

"The selfishness has been improved"

Hahahah don't you just love direct translations?

16. VFLEGEND

VFLEGEND Member

I just cant wait until Evolution comes out. Its one of the most improved and anticipated fighting games to come here so i just cant wait to buy it. I want this game even more than Soul Calibur 2. I just wish they could of added more new characters to use.Why is it that the Virtua Fighters Series Progresses slow?

17. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Because making a decent game takes actual TIME and EFFORT? Well, damn, there's a new concept! Somebody should tell Capcom about that one...

18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

btw, zero, when you saw ps2 evo in japan, did you noticed if the attract / intro was a movie or a real time ps2 intro?

19. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Don't forget that these games have a learning curve that stretches years. Most games have a limited shelf life to get you back into the stores. VF is a little more focused on lasting value, and that's something far more important.

Hell, why else would I still be playing Ms. Pac-Man or Robotron all these years later?

20. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

It's a movie. There is no possible way it could be realtime unless it was runing off the HDD, and even then it wouldn't look as good.