1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 FAQs

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 22, 2002.

By Myke on Apr 22, 2002 at 11:45 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Apr 22, 2002.

1. BK__
      BK__
      these were great!... way to go hyun on the faq for tekken players, that's the good ol' VF welcome spirit ^_^

keep it up!
    2. ReCharredSigh
      ReCharredSigh
      yeap; i had seen the tekken beginner FAQ before at gamefaqs.com, but not the rising attacks and lau FAQ that you put up; very good job on both. great job; there are other people that have gotten off their ass, but you have done it the most; i'm just heating the couch with my ass right now /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

btw, some suggestions for your beginner FAQ;

you kept mentioning how akira's b+P+K+G is a sabaki; technically it's not, it's an inashi. might want to state something like this, and how inashi is the VF term for parry or something; might even want to remind the tekkeners how VF doesn't have reversal breaks for everyone or low parry.

i know this isn't technically tekken stuff, but you might want to state how the sabaki is the VF equivalent of soul calibur's system of "weapon stripping," how some attacks has some potential to override other attacks.

lastly, just if you feel like it, you might want to state good FAQs to go to after each character intro in the tekken FAQ(not to boast my status or anything, but it would be helpful /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ), like after the lau intro maybe say how if you want more, Hyun's Lau FAQ is a good place to start, or how after the Sarah intro, how Robyrt's Sarah FAQ is a good place to start, stuff like that. not necessary, but could spice up the FAQ slightly.

but other than that, very good effort! btw, we still need to do a jacky FAQ /versus/images/icons/wink.gif