1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS Eileen Thread

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by adverse, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

These are awesome and I love that you're sharing them. 4ppk also can create a side turn if u dash forward wait a sec before hitting 3k. Keep in mind these all only work of your opponent decides not to block after tech roll. You'll get a sideturn block instead. You could use 43p+k into mixups maybe in that case ? Lab time for sure.

2. Tricky

You know I was thinking if the opponent was trying to evade after getting up, will you hit them like in the meaty situations? I'm trying to think of mixups around this and right now I'm seeing throw or monkey split GB to break guards, and linear the attack to catch them if they abare or try to evade.

I'm also curious what 2K gives you on hit in this situation too, I'm willing to guess that at least in the sideturned case you should be at least even or +1 instead of the normal -3 (forget exactly what it is on sideturned hit)

3. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    Alright gentlemen, I got nothing to add from a combo standpoint 'cause everything I've done so far with Eileen has been done and posted by other Eileen users. However, I'll still add something from a practiced (and applied) set-up based on current experiences.

[4][P][+][K][+][G] sabakis basic [P], [K], and [2][P] might work on more strikes but doesn't work on double-fist/palms, elbows, circulars (high/mid/low), [3][K], headbutts, body checks, shoulders, flying kicks/punches

Me and Raze have a somewhat guaranteed set-up from a successful sabaki:

[4][6][K][+][G], then[4][3][P][+][K], then [4][P][K] (basic/non-Taka)

From what I've seen the chances of you actually being able to follow up with said set-up depends on how early you execute [4][P][+][K][+][G] (obviously due to anticipating sabaki-able move incoming), basically; if I do the sabaki early it will still be successful and I'll recover from it before the opponent recovers from the effects of the sabaki. If I do it last minute, the opponent usually recovers at the same time Eileen finishes her "spin." On the note of guaranteed stuff with [4][P][+][K][+][G], it's also possible to follow up with [3][3][P] and use the follow-ups from that...except on Taka -_-

Personally, if squashing [2][P] is your priority then [9][P] is your better bet since you get a free combo (barring Taka once again, since it doesn't even knock him down -_-)

Edit: Well god-dog, is some of the easy symbols broken or something?

4. Tricky

eileen's sabaki works on all high punches and kicks that aren't double handed or full circular. It also catchs all low punches, not just 2P, but any low hitting non full circular punching attack.

5. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Ok so this has been bugging me for some time. Someone please explain the thought behind the following moves:

BT [K]+[G].
    This one rings out on half fence pretty often when it hits. But the "hit"-criteria is not easily accomplished. It does not combo except for wall splat situations. I can see it being used when opponent is near ring out since it hits them back very far and Eileen would be throwing herself towards the center of the ring for safety. I guess it can be used to ring out people by cancelling a string into 9[P]+[K]+[G] and going directly into the move from there. The thing is that she jumps away from the opponent, and it's 23f. I have never found a practical use of this move in a match, ever. I've tried to intentionally backturn myself and use it to see how people respond to it. But I generally just get hit out of it, and I feel my opponent wonders what the heck I'm doing.

I'm gonna try the string --> 9[P]+[K]+[G] tactic a bit more thoroughly though. It seems risky and the move don't seem very evasive. When I use it I always get hit out of it, or it whiffs. The good thing is that it catches evades pretty well, since it is slow the evade might fail and you hit them if they push stuff. EGC users will be safe though so that's not gonna be on the newschannel anyday soon. To me this just seems like a gimmicky monkey kung fu move that they had to put in the game but never found a good fit for in the gameplay.

66[P]+[K]+[G]
    I love this move but seriously, when is it supposed to be used? Why don't Eileen get a mid/low or mid/throw (or at least anything) like Blaze's and Kage's rolls? It gives no unique attacks or anything. Basically if you do it you are comitted to an uninterupptable 2 second roll towards your opponent who can easily punish it on recognition, even online. It's cool on oki though, since she kind of roll around the opponent.

Peeps who have played me usually see me doing this when I win rounds, that's only what I use it for.

6. Tricky

66P+K+G along with 9P+K+G can be good to position yourself around your opponent on oki as you'll end up on different sides of them based on which one you use. Basically one of them moves you toward eileen's back and the other to her front ( forget which is which).

When you're talking about 9P+K+G tactic are you talking about the 9P+K+G K option? (i'm going to call that stance monkey twist cuz it's easier for me to write) Monkey twist by itself is kinda not so great, but when you throw that kick out, eileen is tech crouching at the end, and is laying on the ground in such a way that even mids can not hit her, and by the time they could hit you, you're blocking. Basically this move can be treated like any -5 move where you fuzzy afterwards, except the fuzzy in this case is built into the recovery of the move.

They have to respect that, especially the wall since that leads to a major wall splat into combo time. Once you got that established, then you can start faking them out with empty monkey twists.

I still have yet to find a use for BTK+G, but honestly I have no looked very hard. I imagine it can stuff moves pretty well, but only if your opponent throws an attack out. It's a super close range move. It probably has some crush properties, I just haven't explored it yet.

Daydream likes this.
  7. Tricky

so I did some quick test with BT K+G and it's evasive against mids, but from the right ranges. It's a finicky moves. On jacky after you do K+G from the right range you can hit him if you do BTK+G and he tries to punish with his 6P. I can only get it consistently in open stance though.

Daydream likes this.
  8. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Hey Tricky good posts. About the 9P+K+G thing, I was just brainstorming about uses, and I meant monkey twist into BT K+G. Very risky, but the idea was that the opponent will expect some mixup from monkey twist and therefore block while being pressured towards the edge of the stage. Then, because the monkey twist was just a cover to set up BT K+G the opponent might try something because the twist turned out empty. Not a very reliable tactic but it was just a thought.

Lots of people get mindfucked when Eileen jump around a lot. Even in BT stance, there's probably way better attacks to ring people out though. Just a sign I have no idea how to use this move properly. People familiar with monkey twist tend to be cautious and wait to see what happens and usually try to guess mid/low block.

About monkey twist in general I like what you wrote. I used to use monkey twist K often, but now I tend to go for the P attack instead and play on the mid/low followups as mixups. Near walls the K option is pretty good though.

9. PKGJimmy

PKGJimmy Active Member

PSN:
    PKG48EILEEN
    XBL:
    JimmyPKG
    I didn't know 3P214K+G after 6P+G6 is not guaranteed to Jacky until last night :confused:

Jacky can use 4P+K+G before 3P hits, after that 3P is not count as side hit

Daydream and Cozby like this.