1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 XBOX 360 First impressions now that I have it

Discussion in 'Console' started by ElectricLeo, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

I got the Fighting Stick EX2 as well. I miss my RAP3s already /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Right, so, Hard is just that! Finding it much tougher with El Blaze at 3rd Kyu on Hard than I did 5th Dan on the PS3 version. And that's not even on Expert.

Ranked score attack and ranked speed run of the movelist. I'm the fastest El Blaze player in the world right now! I'm also one of only two, though, so fair's fair.

It's not as pretty as the PS3 version, but I can only tell when I put on shiny pieces.

Loading times are slightly longer with no HD times, but not annoyingly so.

Who doesn't have it and wants to know something specific? I'll go check.

2. comoesa2

comoesa2 Well-Known Member

Wait the PS3 version looks better? I thought they would look the same.

3. ElectricLeo

It's not by much. It could even be a resolution/display thing. I'm running both on a CRT, prog scan. Nothing fancy, but I'm used to colour being a bit more vivid perhaps. Perhaps that problem doesn't exist via an HD screen.

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

What are the changes (if any) to dojo mode? VF.TV? Items available?

5. ElectricLeo

VF.TV is where you check your rankings. Other than that, the same. There doesn't seem to be any options to download replays from VF.net /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Sometimes in the rankings people have symbols next to their score so you can download their replays from there. All the exhibition replays are new as well, obviously, cos it's version C.

You'll need to be specific with dojo mode, because I never spent much time in there in the first place.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

hmmm okay, are there any new options you can make the CPU do in dojo mode? Any record/replay mode (I know its a long shot)?

7. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    What are you talking about?

8. ElectricLeo

Er, I definitely don't know what the options were before!

I tell you what, though - the AI uses OM a LOT. And often several in succession.

9. Steam

Steam Active Member

Hello there! I'm very new to this scene but I've read whatever I can get my hands on. The only thing I can't really determine is if I should be getting a Stick with it to begin with or wait till later if I still enjoy it? So my question I guess is do you feel that the stick is worth the £50 it retails for?

Did you pick it up in a shop? The game and the stick that is.

Thank you.

10. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    Can we see your gamertag? Just to see what the icon looks like?

11. ElectricLeo

Not in a shop. I guess it's worth £50, since I paid £100 each for my RAP3s, and it's better than half as good. It'll do the job. I couldn't tell you if you should buy it, but if you're a beginner it's unlikely you'll be able to tell the difference between this and a VSHG to any great extent. Plus, you can use it for Live Arcade stuff.

I think there's a guy on shoryuken that builds customs for around £60, though.

When you lose in quest mode it keeps track of the other guy's streak, and then adds in opponents. So I lost to a Lau three times in a row (he's cheap, innit) and he was on a win streak of 24. I dunno what difference that makes, if any, but it's quite nice.

12. ElectricLeo

Electric Leo. My friends list is full so you can't find me via your 360, but you can find me on Xbox.com, I think.

13. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Are you talking about the X360 of VF5?

14. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

How come you already have Virtua Fighter 5 for the Xbox 360 before its official release date? Care to share your Gamer Tag with us?

15. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    What are the Achievements?

16. ElectricLeo

The AI is really satisfying now. I'm only on Hard and that's plenty. Expert I got battered, but I can't fuzzy and my spacing is rubbish.

Also, I'd like to reassess my judgement of the visuals. El Blaze outfit three looks about a hundred times better on the 360, but first outfit looks cheap and tacky. Maybe he just switched tailors in the last few months.

17. ElectricLeo

18. ElectricLeo

I'm just very lucky /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Right, seriously, it's fucking brilliant. I wasn't that excited about farming for all my items all over again, but the new AI is brilliant. It's been challenging at just the right level for me from the get go, and that's at Hard. I haven't felt like I'm just drilling out the moves that work even once.

19. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Eletric, make some room for a fellow vf player on your friends list :p

20. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Have you had a go at the online mode yet?