1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Weight Classes

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Source: VF5FS Masters Guide (p.22)

Super Light Weight: Eileen = El Blaze
    Light Weight: Aoi < Sarah = Shun = Pai = Lion = Vanessa
    Middle Weight: Lau = Kage = Lei = Brad = Goh
    Heavy Middle Weight: Akira = Jacky = Jean
    Heavy Weight: Dural < Jeffry = Wolf
    Super Heavy Weight: Taka

I'm not sure if any changes to the above were made in the Ver.A update.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    From my experience in practicing combos, this list still looks valid.

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Dural in regular stance is light weight, massive stance she becomes Jeffry like in weight.

4. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I just tested this too. She's definitely heavier than Jean and lighter than Wolf and Jeff in monster stance, but I'm not sure if she's Aoi or Vanessa weight in rapid.

5. SpLSlick

SpLSlick Active Member

I just found a list of weight classes and I noticed that Jean isn't on the list. What weight class would be considered under?

6. SpLSlick

SpLSlick Active Member

Never mind I found it. Someone please close this thread

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, before this thread gets closed (lol), I pretty much treat every character as their own weight class because of some subtle differences that can occur between characters of the same "weight class" in combos (the hit boxes can be very different it seems).

Maxou and Tricky like this.
  8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Agreed here too. Like Jean is the lighest in his group then jacky and akira are equal in weight though I'd say Akira is harder to combo still.

Eileen is ligher than blaze in the sense that you can hit her with combos that would miss on blaze because she is a lot taller than blaze. When she's floating in the air her hitbox is larger than blazes because of this.

Chanchai and BlackGeneral like this.
  9. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    So I've been studying Akira's combos quite a bit lately and have developed some ideas about how the character weights compare. Here they are in order:

Super Lightweights

Eileen - requires frame delays on some combos that aren't needed on other super lightweights

El Blaze

Aoi - Could possibly be about the same as Blaze, but on some combos it appears Aoi needs fewer frame delays.

Vanessa - Eats a few of Akira's biggest combos like other super lightweights, as well as combos of normal lightweights. Seems to be a blend of the two classes.

Lightweights

Sarah | Lion - Not sure who is heavier here. Both share many combos in common that require the same frame delays.

Pai | Shun - Again, not sure who the heavier one is. Many combos are common between them. I was surprised how heavy Pai seems.

Middle Weights

Lau | Kage | Lei Fei | Brad | Goh - These guys share pretty much all the same combos. I suspect Goh might be the heaviest since delays are not needed in some combos, like 214P combos.

Mid Heavyweights

Jean - The only character below the heavyweights that cannot be hit with standing jab out of 64P+G > 2K+GP. This makes him seem heavier than Jacky or Akira, but Jean takes damage from many combos that connect on middleweights. So I'm guessing he's lighter.

Jacky - Lighter than Akira? You can still get some nicer combos in, especially off of SDE.

Akira - Besides the "big 3", his combo list is the most limited.

Heavyweights

Wolf | Jeffry - These guys seem about even.

Super Heavyweight

the guy with his own gravity...

Definitely not trying to dispute anything posted here, just wanted to share what I found. I should note that I am assuming a lot of this based on "no frame delays = falling faster = heavier". i'm not accounting for size/hit box, not even sure how to test that. I'm curious to see how you guys weigh the cast based on your character's combos.

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    IIRC Combolammas has made similar objections on Goh's comboes that might slightly suspect that Vanessa is heavier than Sarah, but I don't remember did he ever test it fully or anything.

BTW could this thread be stickied? I had to watch this thread in order to find it.

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    This would be more appropriate in the wiki (previous wiki had a section for weights in the combo section). I assume there will be a new section for it.

The combo database also have the characters listed in the order of their weight.

Also note that some combos are not just "weight" related, but "hit box" related (what Chanchai posted earlier). Think of them as guidelines with some exceptions :).

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I will like to note that from my testing, it is not that Jean is lighter that Jacky/Akira, but that he is incredibly high. This seems to be why many juggles are easier or even possible to connect on him and not on others.
    There are even juggles which are Jean-unique that works because of how high he is. This stands mainly from legs-over-head situations AFAIK. But when it comes to "true" floaters, he seems to fall down / fly high just like others 2.

mfwebdude likes this.