1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

yes, get rid of evade cancel crouch dash. So tedious.

2. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Good post Jide.
    I was thinking low punch tweaks were needed as well.
    IMO. Just a few thoughts.
    A. Low punch can NOT deliver the round winning dmg, ever. Even in combos.
    B. Possibly make low punch never cause damage--but simply a tool.
    C. When low punch is done twice in succession, the second low punch is severely nerfed. For example,14-15 frames, 0 on CH, -3 on hit, -6 on block for the second low consecutive low punch.
    D. All throws following a low punch are 15 frame throws for x amount of time (frames).
    E. I agree with the guy who said evanding low punches is too free. Evaded low punch should give a stronger advantage to the evader.
    F. Make low punch not performable immediately after evading an opponents attack.

P.S. I'm not saying it would be a "good idea" to do ALL of these or perhaps even any of these. I supposed it just depends on your opinion of low punch.

3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

[quote="Happy_Friend, post: 370839, member: 343" Lag might mess some of these up, but not that many. So I think some of the people complaining here might not really be at the level where the lag is really messing up their awesome VF skills...[/quote]
    ^^ I fall a bit into this category. I have a couple points to make on this though. I think the "Not Knowing" if it was user error or simply lag error has much the same effect that consistent lag error would cause in regards to frustration and over all degradation of play and enjoyment.

Not all characters are affected by lag equally. Blaze, brad, pai, lau, lei, jacky, etc and pretty much any characters that have "spam cycles" (or whatever it is you call the, i think we can all relate to your general premise though) suffer the effects of lag less.

Lag is also less likely to punish a highly aggressive offensive player than it is a tactical defensive player. And of course the higher skill level you play at, the more of a turn off the lag becomes (i'm not clarifying this for you H.friend lau, i know you know this). Nothing like spending 30 minutes in the dojo practicing that vaunted evading CD cancel Lazy TE tech then jumping into one game and the evade doesn't even come out lol.

Oh well. It is what it is.

4. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Oh my god no! That is so not cool for VF. Leave that to the 2D fighters.

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

^It's in Arcade Mode already. Bother 5 and 5FS have it.

Those 2P suggestions from SR were like "Whoa" but anything to talk potential VF6 stuff in a VF6 thread.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  6. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Really? There's a combo counter in VF 5:FS arcade mode? Wow... I never noticed that.

So I'm gonna throw my main beef with VF down on the table for potential fix in VF 6. The okizeme and while-rising situation in VF is completely messed up. This situation of strikes just travelling through someone who is in the process of standing up just looks wrong and feels wrong. They need to just come up with a better way to handle this.

7. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Lmao I'm just saying that's one detail the average fighting Joe probably looks at. IMO it's not needed

8. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    VF6 can add a combo counter when it makes the full transition to 2D fighting style...

Honestly that looks kinda fun...

Riq and IcKY99 like this.
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    LMAO that video is ridiculous

10. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    I Would Play This Lol

11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

AGreed that it looks weird, but the alternatives are bad. Magically hop up standing at attention or allow player to beat up on the defenseless rising fighter would seem the obvious alternatives, neither of which are good.

By the way, I acknowledge that lag does suck. I would never say it doesn't. Earlier, I was trying to say that people complain about lag or ascribe things to lag moreso than is warranted.

That said, I know that I have lost matches because of lag. Probably, I won some because of lag. So it can affect the outcome. I recently lost a match to a very inexperienced Jacky player who was spamming flipkick. I block Jacky's 4k+g, then elbow immediately and eat a flipkick. I know the tiny bit of lag delayed my elbow and thus I eat a flipkick for half damage. In these cases, I think that the spammer who pays no attention to advantage or disadvantage actually benefits from lag because he is not waiting to see what happens. And of course we can thank SEGA's brilliant design decision to allow flipkick to do half damage...

12. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Weirdly, I thought that looked kind of okay. I would try that. Maybe it's just VF bias...:oops:

13. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Maybe they could have some kind of autoblock animation. The worst is when your opponent is almost fully standing and your kick just goes right through them. If I were a new player I would think that was a bug.

14. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Sega need to hire a writer and inject some personality into their fighters.

Then they need to hire a VA director who's been outside an office in the last 10 years.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  15. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    On December the 26th at 7:30 PM Japan Time, a new round table session of the “Kurokawa School for the Future of Entrtainment” will be held, titled “The Future of Virtua Fighter, Twenty Years Later.”

Hosted by insider Fumio Kurokawa, the discussion will include illustrator Katsuya Terada, screenwriter Dai Sato and former Famitsu editor and member of the Virtua Fighter 5 production staff Takayuki Haneda.

The round table discussions of the Kurokawa School for the Future of Entrtainment always provide high profile content (the last one had Shuhei Yoshida and Keiji Inafune), so we can definitely expect some interesting information from it.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...uture-of-virtua-fighter-on-december-the-26th/

I wonder what it could be...

16. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Cant wait to see what it could be.... Lets crossed our hands :)

Ellis and Shinobi like this.
  17. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Anything short of an announcement of VF6 will not be tolerated...

Electro_Jacky, Genesis and Shinobi like this.
  18. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    No micro transactions, no F2P, no 4 free fighters, no one or two modes. SEGA, please announce a full fledged, full game, full with modes, full with characters, VF6.

19. nou

nou Well-Known Member

If it is VF6 please just have release schedule to bring them outside of Japan in a timely manner.

20. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    it's happening

Shinobi and Ellis like this.