1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

why the random inputs?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Neko, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

God it feels good to be home.

ok my question, I was studying some frame by frame video the other day on the DVD rom vf4 evo cd and this is something I noticed too when watching (Japanese) players play, they seem to always press random buttons and move the stick like in a sporadic circular motion during certain animations. No I am not talking about TE or ETEGs, or anything like that, I mean they are like mashing random inputs after being thown on defense or even after throwing on offense for some reason, like in these situations. (But in many other situations as well) It just seems there is no point to this.

Has anyone else enountered such a thing? What is the reason for this? Keeping the fingers nimble/active or something? I personally like to give my hands a rest after someone has thrown me or something....

Thanks
    N

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I noticed this too while watching the Evo replays. I got the feeling they were just releasing nervous energy... maybe practicing struggling. I tap at the buttons (KPGKPGKPG) during long throw animations... it's just habit.

3. DarkGift

DarkGift Well-Known Member

Yea, I've noticed that as well, and I do this too I've started to do it when I'm being floated or during long animation Wolf throws like GS. It can act as something just to pass time or something to keep your fingers awake and loose. I like to think of it as a warm-up without the warm-up matches

I'd also like to bring up that (although two totally different games) warcraft 3 ladder pros also do something similar to this where they spam right clicks and hotkeys when waiting for things like unit builds and just certain opportunities. I used to play warcraft ladder and started picking up that habit for two reasons: I was nervous and in order to keep my fingers and attention active.