1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

XBL Bad Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Myke, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Keoma

Keoma Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DaManWithNoGame
    BGs to MichaelFarias85.

I don't know the dude from Adam, other than VF, and he has never said a word to me in all these months. That is, until yesterday when he apparently decided he was going to be a shitty troll.

From the first match we had yesterday to the last one, he never stopped trolling. When he wasn't laughing like a someone with cabin fever, he was talking nonsense about how I only "know 4 moves."

Hell, this idiot was STILL TALKING SHIT while on the challenge screen. It was obvious he got heated because he can't win, and butthurt that I kept declining him for being a dickhead.

Let's be honest, Michael, I'm caca at this game, so that means you're lower than shit. That's why you were 1-for-4 against me yesterday. Take a hint from Jacky: "Less talk, more action!"

2. KageRulesALL

KageRulesALL Guest

XBL:
    Pepsolman
    You have to admit... Jacky can be pretty cheesy.

3. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    You know whatwe will sayto this right...if he is not adapting, you should have won.

i played byakuyaStrike last night, his sarah was just fine. Some people are not as good at changing tatctics yet, there are many levels of skill in this game and sometimes we can lose because we were counting on some meta-game beatdown thatnever occurs.

Or...you got trolled ;)

4. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    No he is not, every character can cheese it up if they ant. Its the player not the character.

Now if we WERE naming cheesy characters... does Lei Fei not top the list?
    No offense phanatik , not referring to yours, I heard your game is making some huge leaps.which means I have to do the same...phooey

phanatik likes this.
  5. Keoma

Keoma Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DaManWithNoGame
    Agreed. I've seen some really cool Jacky's.

6. La Muerte

La Muerte Member

XBL:
    Stizz La Muerte
    I've won but this is still a BG I'm not the kind of guy who says BG just because he loses ";)"

7. Pepsolman

Pepsolman Member

XBL:
    Pepsolman
    Horrible matches against Stl Tm. He used a teleport exploit with Lion constantly. Also, he used the same launcher and combo over and over... he was very 1 dimensional. I just don't know how to beat such a cheap ass Lion the way he uses him. He uses a slight lag to his advantage, constantly blocks and evades throws. Any cheap move you could think of that Lion does... he does it. I believe I FT10 him and every match was the same and most of them ending with the same 6-7 hit combo. It was really boring. I would go for hits and he would wait for a moment where he could just launch me and spam me down. Very pathetic... I didn't learn anything.

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

That post really epitomizes what it means to be a scrub. Just wow.

9. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna start playing Lion and spam that teleport.

10. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    lol what did I just read?
    That HAD to have been a troll post.

ExzetyXat1 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  11. Keoma

Keoma Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DaManWithNoGame
    UroboroSx and blossy1000 like this.
  12. UroboroSx

UroboroSx Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr
    :eek: but you said before......

I don't like to play against Lion's players but i need to learn, if i want to be better player and be a good opponent online, don't feel bad about it.
    One day i'm gonna do the same with Pai, stay alert ;)

Edit: maybe he is an arcade stick player, i'm a pad player, just saying :p

Keoma likes this.
  13. Pepsolman

Pepsolman Member

XBL:
    Pepsolman
    Your post epitomizes what it means to be a douche. How bout you explain what he is exploiting rather than acting all high and mighty? That's what I thought. Just wow. Douchebag.

So I'm a scrub because somebody is good at using an exploit on me? I mean really? So game tampering against me makes me a scrub? SMH
    Exactly. It can't be denied that it's an exploit.
    I never said cheat to win. Using an exploit to your advantage doesn't take skill.

14. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Not calling you a scrub or anything but you seem to think anything you don't understand is an exploit (cheating).

You said yourself that you can't figure out how to beat him but instead of trying to understand the game and work around it you give him a BG's post and ignore the real problem.

You can't block throws in VF.

You can't evade throws in VF.

Launching and combos have been a big part of VF (and most fighting games) since the mid 90's. VF 2 had near 100% damage combos long before FS came out.

Depends what you mean by exploit, elbows are great but is overusing an elbow on someone who doesn't understand the game exploiting it? ...maybe. Is elbow a bug? ....no.

Plenty of characters have moves and situations where they can teleport or seemingly warp through the character.

phanatik and BlackGeneral like this.
  15. Pepsolman

Pepsolman Member

XBL:
    Pepsolman
    I think you took what I said incorrectly. I know that you can reverse a throw by holding down g +P and it depends on the throw as well.

When I said constantly blocks... I didn't say constantly blocks throws. Sorry it was worded wrong. Anger does that. He constantly blocks... blocks... blocks... then bam... one move leads to 6. The only way to beat him is to block the whole time. Still that's hard.

When there is a failure in code or lag that defeats the purpose of frames in time and space... it wasn't meant to happen. That is an exploit... or cheat. Constantly elbowing is simply pushing forward and punch over and over. That is part of the game as the program code intended.

16. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Pepsoloman, with all due respect, STL tim is a High level player, one of the best you will ever play. What you think of as an exploit is just good tactics.

If he was able to block alot of what you were throwing, thats because it became predictable when you were about to attack, the way we do this (sometimes) is thru frames. after your attack was blocked, you were at disadvantage(most likely) And if you responded by attacking out of your blocked attack, then you will be launched.

Try mixing up , after you block some of his attacks (not single high punch tho) try throwing instead of attacking, after you throw the opponent a few times they might stop feeling as safe while gaurding, and that will open up more chance to land counter hits.

VF is a very very deep game. And I promise in time you will understand why you win or lose a fight. There is nothing cheap in VF...nothing.

p.s.If your throws keep getting "ducked under" the opponent is likely using fuzzy guard, to counter this, delay the throw attempt by a bit.

phanatik, UroboroSx and Stl_Tim like this.
  17. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Don't know you man nor am I trying to judge you, but coming here and posting a BG on something you don't how to beat is not the right way.

Yes there are somethings that defy frames. Moves have evasive properties, and some moves were designed to beat certain attacks (ex highs, jumping attacks) in which the only time that those cannot be used is if your opponent is at heavy frame disadvantage.

I there are also ways to make your opponent wake up in a way that their wakeup attack completely misses, and you seemingly teleport behind your opponent. Forgot what it's called, but Its been in VF since VF4 or even before. The point is, he's beating you with moves you say are cheap. Have you ever considered what you may be doing wrong, and why he's beating you?

Food for thought.

18. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Yo! I'll give you 3 get out of jail free cards, but that's my limit on silliness. I understand your frustration and tried to reach out and offer help, but you declined. What am I supposed to do at this point? Tell you what, don't listen to me, but look around at these posts and witness who is trying to help you. Vf growing pains suck buddy, but like any vs game from Milton Bradley to kickball you have to know the rules.

19. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    BG IOvgren
    "i increase Rank with ur mom bedroom"...

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

That's VF man, you should aim to block your opponents mixups and punish when the opportunity presents itself.

It's also a smart idea to minimise the amount of punishment you open yourself up to, you can do this by using safe moves and combining them with defensive manouveres like that blocking thing.

I don't know what you mean by failure in code :/

But yeah that lag thing can be a bitch, we all have to deal with it. If you don't like it try offline, there's no lag there :)