1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[1 Mar 2013] World Game Cup 2013 (Cannes, France)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by DWR, Oct 14, 2012.

World Game Cup 2013
Start Date: 1 Mar 2013 11:00 AM
End Date: 2 Mar 2013 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +01:00 CET

1 Boulevard de la Croisette
Cannes, France 06400

Posted By: DWR

Confirmed Attendees: 11
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 11
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Thanks unicorn, but that set ( the Grand Final ) is already on nico nico for a few days.:D

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It was Mister! :D

3. bulbi

bulbi Member

Hello, it is Mark.

I didn't do much on the tournament but it was nice to meet you guys at WCG.
    Too bad I didn't play that much VF5 since i was following SoulCalibur 5 tournaments.
    Have you managed to play with Itazan on sunday ?

I have cleaned my Xbox live friends list so that i can add some of you. 3 [P][+][K]

See ya !

Pai~Chun and Feck like this.
  4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

:/ i didn't had enought memory in the camer so no. Next time i'm gonna bring a better camera and record much more. Unicorn should have some matches recorder directly from the xbox about pool matches.

5. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Where is the dislike button ? :D

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Anyway the real reason i took that footage is to show how itazan shows all his emotion while playing and kingo looks like a merciless cyborg. JK

edit: i was looking for some match on nico nico video to find krye vs jide fight, but seems like only the grand finals were saved there. Anybody have by any chance some other footage of the streamed event? Thanks.

7. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    TOP 8 VF5FS stream:

17:04 & 19:21 : I don't care !!!

G0d3L, Feck, MakiLeSushi and 11 others like this.
  8. Mister

[​IMG]
    edit: improved version :D

G0d3L, Shag, MDSPrime and 9 others like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Finally watched the top 8, great matches guys!

And was it just me, or did it sound like the commentators were saying "chocolate croissant" whenever Itazan landed a throw? :)

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    As far as I remember, comentators where Chibitox and Kaleendaah, so you can ask them. Maybe they really say it, cause I suspect them saying that too :D

11. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    lol no, it was "chope qui donne des boissons" which means "throw what gives drinks.":D

12. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Throw: chocolate croissant
    Ring out: Red vin
    Bracket: Baguette
    Wall Combo: Columbo
    4P+K charged= Je m'en fous

:cool:

Aion, Feck and Krye like this.
  13. Chibitox

Actually this version of Top 8 is incomplete, my matchs against Ryan are missing, are there any other matches missing ?
    I'll ask the organizers if they were recorded, may be we'll get a director's cut version. ;)

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Jide's face in that picture makes it for me.

Hurry up and make it your avatar.

15. Chibitox

The old Top 8 vid has been replaced by this one with all matchs except me vs Mister that was played offstream:

pana, nou and Myke like this.
  16. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
  17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think I'll stick to "chocolate croissant" :)

18. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Here I am.
    Sorry it took a bit too long to post it here.

It's very difficult to put in words how amazing this experience was.
    Too many things happened and in my mind right now it seems like we where there for at least two weeks.
    But the stranger and beautiful part was the fact that in about one single afternoon it was like we all already were long time "offline" friends.

We were making jokes at each other at every opportunity, we were spending time toghter also when not playing and we did some crazy things too.

I wanna thank everyone, the guys I spend most of the time with, the guys I played only a few times and the guys I wasn't able to play against or spend time toghter (GFA you are one of them but for sure with that T-shirt you are one of the best!).

First of all I wanna thank my roommates (JohnCa, Mister and Krye) but in particular Mister who was brave enough to sleep in the same room together with the only one pair of Krye' socks [​IMG]:p
    Wanna thank JohnCa who not only grew the most VF releted but also was put at hard work for his change of routine (really really hard for him).
    And Krye, what I have to say about you?
    You are a great guy and a superb player but the history (eu VF history) will remember you as the One who gave us one of the best VF meme of all time :D [​IMG].

The UK crew.

Jide, maybe you do't know but you are living gif.
    The way you change your facial expression when you're upset, surprised, face palmed etc it reminds me of Stan Lauriel's superb ability.
    And on plus of that you are such a great VF player.
    What impressed me the most of your playstyle is the patience and the ability to change the rythm of a match...and the fact that you landed THREE max charged Goh's 4P+K on a man who really doesn't care :cool:.

Marlon, maaaan because of you after the matches we played at your place I have to live the rest of my life with a brand on my forehead who says [9][K] for all those times you hit me in my face with that shit.
    Respect dat 9K! <3

Ash, we didn't play that much but you are such a fun guy who made my day when on the tourament's day you send that sms to Jide (PK you tit).

Aion, on the contrary, we played quite a lot (free play on the tournament's day and at your place) and didn't talk that much.
    Loved your Pai and gotta remember to upload those very good matches we recorded.

The Cezch crew (aka Unicorn)

Unicorn, you really loved this game to drive 3000 km all by yourself.
    That's dedication!
    We got some really good matches.

The french crew.

What to say about Kingo...I only got a glimpse of that but now I know that under your speechless cyborg face lies a really "fils de pute"! lol
    Go buy this damned mic so I can hear you unleash the beast inside you while playing online :) [​IMG].
    And I have also to thank you for showing me how slow I am.
    Now the I have experienced what's like a tachyonic buttons pressing I know what to do: a mix of VF and Track and Field workout.

Kaleendha, you are such a kind and funny guy.
    Damned! I lost the Akira's guard break moment...wtf was I doing???
    Btw, loved what you are doing for VF in your city and working up close with Sega France.
    Wish you the best for all you projects.

Rdoryu, my hero!
    That car trip to the Cannes Beach was epic and it's all your merit.
    With Rodryu in the trunk we passed by a couple of police car but we had Krye in the car so...we didn't care.
    Too bad I didn't played your Shun as much as I had would.

Mark, you and your Pai comig from nowhere (for me) was a really nice surprise.
    Very nice matches, now that you made some space on your friends' list gotta add you asap.

And for last, my dear Chibitox.
    The Half Questions Man.
    BUT at the end you took us to the japanese resturant so we forgive you ;).
    You going crazy when Kingo unleashed that 43P barrage was epic!
    And on top of that you kicked my ass very bad.
    But the mose important thing that links us is a moment, an image we share and it's my duty to share with all the other guys too.
    We were eating something at Mc's and I was exhausted when a melody reached my ears...and She came to rescue me from a certain death. (in reality she wasn't her but still reminded me of her)
    For me that was on of the highest moment of the long weekend.
    Enjoy!

Sorry if I forgot someone but too much awesomeness to remember for my limited mind :)

19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Actually, it was only 2897 km behind steering wheel :) (and trust me, I will remember this number for a LONG time).
    Also, it looks like this is what everybody remembers about me. That I was driving my car whole way in and out. But I played some VF in Cannes too! :p
    That is true. Your Kage is great. And offline kage >>> online kage :D
    It is such fun... and frustration... to play vs good kage :D

PS: Yes, I love this game

20. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Me and MarlyJay played a set early on saturday morning... and it was captured!

Oh, and Unicorn! Are those matches you captured still underway, by any chance?