1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[1 Mar 2013] World Game Cup 2013 (Cannes, France)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by DWR, Oct 14, 2012.

World Game Cup 2013
Start Date: 1 Mar 2013 11:00 AM
End Date: 2 Mar 2013 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/Amsterdam +01:00 CET

1 Boulevard de la Croisette
Cannes, France 06400

Posted By: DWR

Confirmed Attendees: 11
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 11
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I'v just got 2nd hand info (waiting for official announcement) that hitboxes will be allowed this year.
    Ya, good news everyone (me mainly!) :D

Mister likes this.
  3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Ok, Im hoping to be there, and Combolammas has also said he is interested. Now I need to start talking about flights and hotel with a finnish guy who has been at WGC several times already.

I'd like to know which hotel are all VF players going to stay in? So I can factor that into our plans.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Can any of the French players suggest hotels to us? I heard where the UK folk stayed last year was a bus ride away. Not sure if want.

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

From what I know the hotel deals should start on january and help players to find a place to stay near the event. However knowing something more won't hurt.

6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I heard rumors that button bindings will not be allowed in WGC. It is not true, as I have confirmed from 2 different organizators:
    Also organizers changed their minds and hitboxes are oficially allowed

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Starting to book stuff up soon. See you all there :)

This will likely be THE VF event of 2013

Krye and MarlyJay like this.
  8. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

The usual places all the players go are described here:
    http://worldgamecup.basgrospoing.fr/hotels-residences/

There maybe errors in the fares, the cheaper price should be the good one.
    I went to thoses places every time I went to Cannes (like 4-5 times) cause I was part of the staff so I don't know much about other hotels. :oops:
    The bus ride from thoses places should be around 10mns irrc so it's not that much, it's even doable by foot 30-40mns along the beach iirc

There should be hotels nearer from the venue but the fares may be higher and maybe they don't have Flats for 6/7 person like thoses above.

I'm planning to go but I don't know how yet. I was willing to get one or two screens to go there to play at the hotel so I must either have a car or come by train. I need to talk about this with friends.

9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I am coming with more guys from Czechm but I will be only VFer. I will bring X360 and screen with me for VF friendlies.
    We will certainly like to have the cheap hotel and room for 5. If it will be known where more VFers will be, I will make my friends to book the same hotel :D

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Registered, payed :D

11. Mister

I didn't see any announcement. Where did you get the news? please share

12. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  13. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Me too. Once again, i regret messing about in French classes at school. Took me way longer than it should have.

Unicorn likes this.
  15. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Apartment booked and registered for the tournament, took a while to get there :/

16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I may be able to bring high-quality streaming device with me. Problem is that we will need some usable internet to stream... And some room dedicated to VF to stream from... And because it can not be located my room (basically, we have 5 players, each for different game, and all (maybe except me) will be practicing in our room), I will need someone who will take care of the straming device + notebook for me :(
    Rather complicated, but if it will be doable, we may be able to set up euro VF stream running through whole event.

What you think about it? And any ideas how fast the internet on hotel is? Or who can take care about the devices for me eventually?

17. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I know there's free internet in the apartment I booked but no idea how fast it is, I was going to bring my Xbox for casuals but my son and partner will be with me so doubt I could host the casuals + a stream there.

It's a good idea Unicorn, hope we can sort something.

18. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I'm booked too.

Feck likes this.
  19. Mister

Booked the participation in the tournament. Where are you guy staying? i would like to take the same hotel/residence. I'm going with G0d3l and DWR and we are taking our stuff with us so that we may practice in our room.

20. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Nice so that makes 3 Italians players, it's a good thing, may be we will be able to run a 3 vs 3 country tourney on the side ^^