1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

1 x VF4 now in UK

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by dynamic-league, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: Wallpapers

In time, all of the characters shall have an official wallpaper. These are the wallpapers being released by AM2 at www.sega-rd2.com/vf4. This has been posted before, btw.

However, on a side note.... Has Sarah been on the 8 year plan or something?! (occupation: College Student)

-Chanchai

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Timeline

My guess Is that AM2 have scrapped the timeline. You'll notice if you play VF4 that on the bios, the ages and DOB's of the fighters are gone. VF been going for almost ten years. No one is "cool" when they're in they're 30's instead of 20's. Pai and Sarah would no longer be "young" and beautiful. And besides. Shun was almost dead in VF2 so if they aged him anymore he would be six feet under by 2001.

Adio.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Timeline

Trust you guys to pick up on such things =)

[​IMG]

4. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Sigh. The Namco game designers are comparatively more honest and realistic with the ageing of their fighting game characters. Except Nina.

Don't know about SNK. But Shiranui Mai, uh, hasn't changed much after all these years.

Ekhis balles? Ela na pexoume.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Um, I dunno. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think otherwise, but for me, I really don't care for the backstory and character info in a 1v1 fighting game; if there's none, it wouldn't detract from the game as long as the gameplay is excellent, graphics and sound are good.

If I want a good storyline I'll go play Deus Ex on my PC. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's true. but, we must acknowledge that we're playing games, fantasies, if our idols and heros grew up and had kids, payed they're taxes etc we'd soon loose interest. And what about the new generation of players...There is only so much reality a game can have. Tekken is a good example of the wrong way. I don't want to see Jacky Bryant at 50+ like Paul Pheonix.

Adio.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

That's true, I do agree that bad storylines are not a really good reason to dislike a game. Great storylines, however, can enhance the motivation to play a certain character. For example, the reason I play the Mishimas is because I find the family conflicts quite interesting, and that's what initially drew me to those characters. Otherwise I would be playing Hwoarang, Ling, Yoshi and Lei a lot more, characters I find interesting on a gameplay perspective.

It's too bad for VF that it might be too late to revamp the story. We're stuck with the J6. But that doesn't prevent AM2 from putting a little more effort into the story though and providing a little more depth and color into each character's background. There's only 13 characters! (14 including Dural).

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

If Kage and Akira were best buddies fighting over a RealDoll(tm) by the name of Dural, and Jacky and Sarah were an incestual pair looking for some rough love, and Lau and Pai had this Oedipal thing going... I would still play VF. (Embarrassed to tell my friends the backstory, yes, but I'd play it nonetheless.)

[​IMG]

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. I think the perfect partnership between Story and gameplay is Soul Calibur.

I really feel for Siegfried and his plight. The emotion constantly pours through the game as you play so when you win you feel even more bonded with your fighter. I get a kick whenever I play against Nightmare, the whole good me vs bad me has always been a strong foundation for a story, that combined with the guilty anti hero. sheer perfection. And the music...It's all so absorbing, "In Fathers Name" (Nightmares BGM) is a masterpiece!

.......Once again i've singled myself out.......

Adio.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    !@$#@!@!!

Right, that's it!

Threads go off topic from time to time, but this is just fucking ridiculous. There's a Wallpapers thread in the General forum. Had you read that, you would have had no need to sidetrack this one, hell, you probably wouldn't have needed to post at all.

Even if you were completely ignorant of the Wallpapers thread in the General forum, the least you could have done was post a separate thread.

One final request to anyone reading. OK, two requests:

- spam less
    - check your fucking spelling, especially in the Subject, for crying out loud!

and to think non-english readers are getting this board translated. *sigh*

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: !@$#@!@!!

Heh heh, the pressures of being an admin...

Took me a long time at Blast City before I was able to ignore typos in subject lines, redundant threads, etc., but these are mistakes that are easy to make.

12. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

Yeah, nice graphic seriously.
    Yes, we wouldn't say no to a new Dynamic League logo. I like the minimalist, simple style but sophisticated like that graphic you did.
    If you did some designs I'd ask the rest of the team if they like any of them.

"Rise to the challenge"

13. mistasix6

mistasix6 New Member

i hope newcastle gets a vf4 coin up soon

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i doubt that he's speaking as an admin (and even if he was, what the _fuck_ difference in his point should that make??) - i'd say he's reacting to the offensively mindless drivel from the useless detritus piling into this site, which lately has been clogging up this board to the point of me wondering why i even bother reading anymore.

> but these are mistakes that are easy to make.

have you even read drunken_idiot's posts? the guy seems to go out of his way to make himself look like a 13 year old reprobate on crystal meth.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

15. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

er... are you talking about me?

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

i doubt that he's speaking as an admin (and even if he was, what the _fuck_ difference in his point should that make??)

Drivel is drivel, but it's more understandable for an admin to be less tolerable about something than someone who isn't.

17. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>a 13 year old reprobate on crystal meth

I think that's tautological. A 13 year old on crystal meth is, surely, a reprobate... =]

grib.