1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[10 Sep 2012] VF Circuit PS3 League Round Robin #3 (Online PSN)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Aug 24, 2012.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
VF Circuit PS3 League Round Robin #3
Online PSN
Confirmed Attendees: 39
Posted By: akai
Start Date: 10 Sep 2012 05:00 AM
End Date: 10 Sep 2012 11:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Chicago -05:00 CDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VF Circuit PS3 League Round Robin #3 - Monday, September 10th

VFDC organized online League. - VF Circuit Blog

For those already signed up for the VF Circuit (gave me their location, email address, etc info) - Please post a reply in the this thread (or by the RSVP setting), PM me, or reply to the VF Circuit email if you will be participating in the Monday September 10th event. Deadline to register Sunday September 9th 12 AM CST (UTC -6) - Countdown Timer Link. Nothing is guaranteed for those wanting to participate when deadline ends.

For those that have not signed up for the VF Circuit (gave me their location, email address, etc) please follow the registration directions from the VF Circuit Blog before signing up for the individual events.

The excel files that I used to confirm participation (this includes those that have given me their VF Circuit registration info) will usually be updated within 24 hours. Check these if you are unsure if I have you confirmed to participate.

The third Round Robin event will be starting ~ 8 PM (+/- one hour from the stated time based on who registered for the event). The time listed is based on the timezone that you lived in.

2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Just an update about the PS3 Round Robin #3 date. I just found out that I will be out of town for 3-4 days around the earlier date (September 3, 2012). I changed the date to be September 10, 2012. Sorry for any inconveniences

3. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

Count me in! Thanks for organizing, Akai.

-David

4. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    I'm in. I hope my Akira is good enough to get a good position in this tournament.

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I'll play.

Just to clarify, we're basically postponing round 3 'till the following week, right? I'm not missing out on anything happening this coming weekend?

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    yes, you won't be missing anything.

7. Should be good for this date.

8. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Please add me to the list. I'm actually glad you moved it back a week as I'm going on a much needed vacation from which I won't return from until the 9th :)

Edit - (oops, didn't see all the fancy buttons at the top...hehe)

9. CrimzonWolf777

CrimzonWolf777 New Member

Can't wait to show off my fraudulence o.o

10. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

Im in! Sign me up for the 10th

11. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    I'm in! Sorry for committing, backing out and then committing again Akai! We are trying to schedule a bachelor party for my friend and we managed to finally set the date! Sorry to be a pain and thanks for everything man!

12. hurtfulthings

hurtfulthings Member

PSN:
    hurtfulthings
    I should be able to participate.

13. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Akai, I know you'll be out-of-town the previous week, but is there a reason the event will be held Monday the 10th instead of Sunday the 9th?

14. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    sign me up for the 10th

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    When I took a poll about which days work for some people, a portion of them said "only weekdays." So to accommodate that group of people, I want to schedule some of the special events (so far, these round robins) on Mondays. Base on the turnout from 360 Round Robin #3 (which was on a Monday), participation on Monday night did not resulted in a decrease in the number of participants (48 compared to 52 and 43). So we will see what the turnout is like for the PS3 League on Monday.

Everyone above that have posted and RSVPed have been updated in my excel files.

16. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    oops nvm this is psn XD

17. quaelgeist

quaelgeist Member

I will participate.

18. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    I'm in; hopefully PSN isn't acting up like it was last time.

19. kousaka

kousaka New Member

PSN:
    VFkousaka
    I'm alittle confused on the time. I'm EST, in the first post it says 8pm but has that been corrected to my timezone already? Event info says 5 am CST?

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The events and brackets are organized by region. Each region will be playing at ~ 8 PM of the timezone that they lived in. The 5 AM CST start time is because that would approximately be 8 PM in Japan (for those in the Circuit playing in Japan).

So players in Japan wil be playing ~ 6 AM EST, European players will be playing ~ 2 PM / 3 PM EST, Eastern North America at 8 PM EST, Western North America at 11 PM EST and so on.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Sometimes based on who is in your bracket you might start 1 hour earlier or 1 hour later as stated in the first post. Because you live in EST, you likely will never start at 7 PM EST, but 9 PM EST is possible if I put you in a bracket with people living in the CST timezone. I usually send out messages to people (somewhere between ~24 - 2 hours before the event their actual start time).