1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[10 Sep 2012] VF Circuit PS3 League Round Robin #3 (Online PSN)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Aug 24, 2012.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
VF Circuit PS3 League Round Robin #3
Online PSN
Confirmed Attendees: 39
Posted By: akai
Start Date: 10 Sep 2012 05:00 AM
End Date: 10 Sep 2012 11:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Chicago -05:00 CDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The "maybes" -
    Elus - no Circuit info
    Lyama
    TheEcks
    ZBEP

If you can confirm entry by Sunday that would be great.

Registration deadline for the Circuit has ended - RSVP function disabled. Late sign-ups, but nothing is guaranteed.

2. adverse

adverse Active Member

Did I make it?
    Sorry I heard JP players were playing tonight but if it's Monday ok.

3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    yes - you made it (as well as Snake Boss). Thanks for signing up

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

sign me up :)

5. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Sign me up if possible - thanks.

6. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Actually, I can't join, will be out of the country, sorry.

7. I didn't realize there was a round robin this week until just now, any chance I can sign up?

Whoops, didn't realize what system this was for.

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    You play only on the 360 correct? This is the PS3 League.

Everything updated, thanks.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm in.

10. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Anyone here playing on the EU PS3 league, can you please add me on PSN? So that I know which player room to join. My PSN is: Jun_Chikara.

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Brackets and Group Conversations will be sent to everyone no later than 2 hours before event start time. It will more likely be sent out a lot earlier than that.

For those that have participated in the round robins so far, the standings have finally been updated with RR#2 data: http://vfcircuit.blogspot.com/p/ps3-league.html

Both 360 and PS3 League standings will be updated after Monday and before the Majors begin. Likely will leave it as an excel file since the html does not display things very well.

Since PSN room are more unstable compared to 360, please be familiar with rule number #4 - from Rules and Guidelines Section. Thanks.

12. Hmmm was I added to this I don't see myself at the top of the page in the rsvp list but I said early on I was good for the date?

Edit: Bah apparently there were buttons at the top of the page. If it's not too late to add me please do so.

13. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

How are you deciding who goes into the Z and S tiers? You have Vencabot in S Tier and Ayufanboy in Z Tier. Ayufanboy won a greater percentage of his games (10/11) than Vencabot (10/13), but Vencabot was in the Z tier last round, so maybe that makes those wins worth more or something?

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Vic_viper - some people chose to sign-up by RSVP, some by PM, some by normal post in here, and some through email. Anyway is fine. I have you confirmed earlier. If anyone is unsure, you can always check this:

PS3 League Excel File (confirmation event info)

The links to the excel file can always be found in the VF Circuit Blog "360 or PS3 League" Page.

===

Genzen - "S" status only if player gets top 2 position in the bracket that where all the player had "Z" status. See, the results for each individual round robin.

15. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Alright, I think I understand that much. The players who rank 1st and 2nd in a Z bracket will be in next week's S bracket?

How have you decided the Z bracket this time though? Was it based purely on the results of the last round (round #2), or is it a cumulative effect? I see someone with a total of three wins to eight losses that's in the Z bracket.

16. adverse

adverse Active Member

JP players I might be slightly late tonight due to work but should be on around 8:00. I hope it's not just Reno kicking my ass ;). Username adversity1

17. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

On second thought, count me out for this one. I'm proud of how I've performed in the Circuit thus far -- even if most of my wins were probably dumb luck -- but I think that I'm satisfied.

Thanks to Akai for working so hard to organize the event, and I hope that my dropping out less than twenty-four hours before my bracket starts doesn't cause too much trouble. I doubt that it will.

-David

18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Bracket Countdown Timers
    Japan and Russia Brackets done and sent! In a hour, the two brackets from Europe should be sent. We have new Circuit players participating for first time from Ireland and Norway.

If someone finishes on top of their regular bracket, they are qualified to play in a Z bracket (if there are enough people participating and if scheduling pans out). For example, a player qualifies for Z bracket in their first event (finished top 2). Scheduling conflicts or not enough people participating, the player is put in a regular bracket for the second event. In the second event, the player did not do to well, but he does not lose the qualification to participate in a Z bracket (the player only loses the qualification by finishing in the lower third/half of a Z bracket). Hope that make sense.

No problem, thanks for letting me know ahead of time.

19. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

It was good to play against some new blood in adverse! shame shou and reno couldn't make it. I wouldn't mind playing against them some other time to make it up, if that is allowed.

also I had an epic come from behind win against nammy :)

20. adverse

adverse Active Member

Thanks for the kind words. I sucked this time but I'm ready to practice and get better. I'll try to get some rounds next time lol. Friend me up for player matches anytime: adversity1.