1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

12 new movies at TBzone

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by AkiraKidWannaBe, Oct 19, 2001.

1. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

They put 12 new movies featuring Akira vs. Pai.
    The Akira player(MoonSuk) is Akira Kid's real old brother,
    and Pai player is NakoJin who is considered as one of the best Pai players in Korea.

Enjoy ~

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by AkiraKidWannaBe on 10/19/01 00:05 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

And there are two new movies in the Japanese section: edo_vs_arasi01.mov and chibita_vs_shu01.mov.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

3. alexchin

alexchin Member

Sorry, but can you post the link to TBZone? Thanks.

4. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

yuck. after watching the tbzone videos i've come to the conclusion that the koreans tend to play as boring a style of VF4 as they do with T4. on the other hand, the new videos of chibita vs dragon jiji (?) and edo vs arasi were really entertaining. sorry, but lately i've been vacillating between the opinion that VF4 sucks and VF4 0wnZ j00 depending on the quality of the most recent gameplay footage i've seen. /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

chibita escaped shun's P+G repeatedly. why even bother with that throw when chibita is likely using multiple throw escape option select? otherwise this match kicked ass.

edo MCed with a crescent kick that seemed to leave lau back turned (new move?) once arasi dashed in to mC a connected PPPu/b+K. this would seem to put to rest the notion that PPPu/b+K is easily counterable. lau's outfit is in a "silken quasipimp of chinese antiquity" style with shoulder pads and cap. the winpose shows the extreme attention to detail taken with the design of the shoulder pads, lau's epicanthic folds and forehead wrinkles etc. akira has what appears to be a blue rabbit on his shoulder... I wish the US was getting VF.NET.

5. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tbzone.co.kr>http://www.tbzone.co.kr</A> under VF4 > downloads

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If you go to etc... they also have VF1 vs. VF4 clips as well (VF1 models in VF4). Well, you can see where it came from on the clip... hehehehe

Did you think my VF2 style was boring ChingDude? BTW, I had fun playing you at VF2 (best 5 of 9 for 25 cents kicks ass). I'm thinking of going back up to Portland this weekend and there's no problems playing VF3DC at my place on the big screen. I'll try to organize some other players to come over and all. Let me know if you're interested.

-Chanchai

7. AkiraKidWannaBe

AkiraKidWannaBe Well-Known Member

According to TBzone, those 2 Jap movies you mentioned were actually from Sep.15. Kanispo(?) Ranking Battle.
    If you see it carefully, you can see that Chibita's rank was still 9th at that time.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by AkiraKidWannaBe on 10/19/01 04:17 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post and the update AKWannabe/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Much appreciated.

-Chanchai

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I finally had the chance to download and watch the new movies over the summer.

chingdude, I have to say that I was very, very impressed by the Akira player in the clip. The play itself may not have been entertaining per se, but the Akira player in particular is very, very good. Excellent reflexes, spot on combos, great control, and nice yomi.

It seemed like when the Akira won, it was because the Akira player totally dominated. On the other hand, when the Pai player won you couldn't help but shake off the feeling that the Pai player had just made a few lucky guesses.