1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[14 Aug 2015] NYG X (New York, NY)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Harpooneer, Apr 4, 2015.

NYG X
Start Date: 14 Aug 2015 12:00 PM
End Date: 17 Aug 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

4013 8th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232
New York, NY 11232

Posted By: Harpooneer

Confirmed Attendees: 13
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    If you've ever been in the mood for VF on a Tuesday night, chances are you've watched a stream from team NYC VF. Since the launch of FS, Cruzlink, TechMonkey, and the NYC crew has streamed Virtua Fighter nearly every single Tuesday.

While the stream has been going strong since 2012, the real history of Virtua Fighter in NYC goes back much further. Playing a prominent role in this history is the New York Gathering series of community meet-ups and tournaments. The greatest Virtua Fighter players from the East Coast and beyond have attended NYGs both past and present. This year, the tenth gathering has been planned, and you can be a part of this milestone in NYC VF history. Are you ready for...

NYG X

The Event
    Planned to be the hypest NYG in recent years, New York Gathering X is a 3 day event taking place August 14 – 16 in Brooklyn's famous Next Level arcade. Next Level has been the home to NYC VF for the past 3 years, and has already hosted 2 NYG events (the Marvel guys cried at the first one cause we packed the place!).

If you need convincing, not sure if you want to make it out, here is a playlist of the stream from the last year of NYG:

The Games
    One aspect of NYG X that will stand out is the sheer variety of Virtua Fighter games being played, on authentic hardware. NEW THIS YEAR: You can plug in your own controller / stick to the arcade games! Let's go pad / hitbox guys!

Virtua FIghter Remix:
    The definitive version of the game that started it all. Marvel at the damage (PPPK does how much?!?), and peep the original graphics on arcade hardware. We all remember playing this one somewhere, relive the old hotness!

Virtua Fighter Kids?!:
    That's right, we have VF Kids! Get ready for the frustration of T-Rex arms as you grind up against your opponent so 2P will connect! In all seriousness, VF Kids is a pretty fun game, and the facial expressions alone make it worthwhile to play.

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned:
    Returning from NYG 9, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned is the last step in development for the VF4 series, and is a blast to play. The game doesn't hold your hand, so watch out! This version is only available in Japan, and we are pleased to be able to offer people a chance to try it out. All VF fans who've never played 4 should give this version a shot and see how the system used to work.

Virtua Fighter 3 TB:
    New this year, Virtua Fighter 3 TB will be making an appearance. This is the only Virtua Fighter with height differences in stages, and the difference makes it a really fun experience. If you've ever seen matches from this version, you know that the action is fast and explosive.

Virtua Fighter 5R:
    A great new feature for this year's NYG is the addition of Virtua Fighter 5 R, another Japan-only title. This is the one the petition was about, but we got FS instead. It's a really fun game that stands right between Vanilla and FS (for example: LTE is in this version, but there are more directions). The background graphics are beautiful, and the move list is a hell of a lot more fun than FS in this Jeffry player's opinion! Get splashed like you used to!

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown:
    This is the one you've been playing for 3 years, only now you're playing offline. For me as an organizer, one of the best parts of the past two NYGs was talking to people who only get to play online and seeing how happy they were to finally play people in person. If you have never attended an offline VF gathering, this is really a great place to start. If you have, well, you didn't spend any money on Sega Cup this year, so no excuses! NYG has featured matches between big time players such as Denkai, Cidkid, Chief Flash, Rare Entity (who has a target on his back this year I am sure!), Rodnutz, and Gentleman Thief. We've even have international thrills from MarlyJay, and this year we may see more international players! Take this opportunity to get games in with these people!

Fighters Megamix?!
    I'm bringing my Saturn! As long as the watch battery hasn't corroded everything in there, you can answer the age-old question: who would win in a fight, Akira or a car?

The Schedule:
    Friday:
    Old games and Exhibitions.
    Final Tuned, R, Final Showdown, and other games played in casuals.
    There were some good exhibitions last year (Denkai vs. Flash, Bounty vs. Rodney), so there'll be plenty to look forward to.

Saturday:
    Teams Tournament, More Exhibitions.
    This is the Bodega Cup version of Beat Tribe! Get your team together and see what you can do!

Sunday:
    Singles Tournament, Group dinner outing
    The Hype is back again! Last year we all went out to eat when everything was over, and it was a hell of a good time. Really hoping for an even bigger group this year!

The Stream:
    Streaming will be going on throughout the weekend on the NYC VF twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    For those of you who cannot make it, tune in all weekend long to catch casuals and tournaments.

Stream Schedule (All times UTC - 04:00)

Friday, August 14:
    Casuals and Exhibitions - 2:00 P.M.
    VF5R Tournament - 7:00 P.M.
    Further Casuals and Exhibitions throughout the night until closing (11:00 P.M.)

Saturday, August 15:
    Casuals and Exhibitions - 2:00 P.M.
    VF5 FS Team Tournament - 3:00 P.M.
    Matches until closing (11:00 P.M.)

Sunday, August 16:
    VF5 FS Singles Tournament - 2:00 P.M.

SHIRTS
    The order form for shirts is here! I have 2 designs. If you come to NYG you are entitled to a shirt for free, but must fill out the below form by Thursday, July 23. If you want to order more than one shirt, fill out the form multiple times, but be aware you must pay to produce the extra ones. I cannot afford to buy people more than one.

http://goo.gl/forms/sAbICCku3U

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Riskbreak, VFhayato, KADAJ757 and 4 others like this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    In there like swimwear.

[​IMG]

the board im bringing is vf3 rev C, not 3tb

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  3. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Godeater donated a 3tb board to NYC.

GodEater likes this.
  4. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    That blast city panel looks hype as fuck.

5. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    should I bother bringing mine then?

6. cruzlink2

Of course Oneida, ours is just a backup.

7. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Just wanted to bump the thread since new information has been added. Stream schedule, more games, and archives from last year are now up! Look forward to more info coming soon.

8. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

This is awesome, I'm hoping I can make it down this year!
    Toronto VF Crew: Let's do this!
    @cmase1989
    @og23
    @J6Commander

Incidentally, how big are the teams for the team tourney?

VFhayato likes this.
  9. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    last year was 5

10. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

With all our powers combined! Toronto Virtua Fighter unite!

VFhayato, cmase1989 and MadeManG74 like this.
  11. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Evade button , Yay!

12. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

ill keep yall posted on this! me and my girlfriend are planning vancouver this summer so hopefully they dont collide

13. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Harpooneer boy! put this up also on NYC vf on facebook as well.
    You an admin on there

14. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    girlfriends come and go but NYG is for lovers

15. VFhayato

16. VFhayato

I Fix Machine [My company] will announce the prizes for Sunday tournament! Good luck guys! and hope you can carry this on a plane! or car! if you win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadeManG74, oneida and cruzlink2 like this.
  17. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

I'll try my best guys. I think I'm getting the hang of this VF stuff if you ask me. Can't wait for my 2nd and much more appealing appearance.

VFhayato and MadeManG74 like this.
  18. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hmm, might actually be able to attend this... Have to get permission from my wife haha.

Shag likes this.
  19. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    NYG update:
    We now have a SHIRT I will be ordering for NYG. If you attend NYG you can send me your size and you will get one. SplashPreview.png I also have another shirt coming, so I will post that design in a day or so.

20. cruzlink2

Nice work Alec I am very excited for the next shirt.