1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[16 Sep 2012] VF Circuit 360 League September Major (Online XBL)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Sep 1, 2012.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
VF Circuit 360 League September Major
Online XBL
Confirmed Attendees: 40
Posted By: akai
Start Date: 16 Sep 2012 05:00 AM
End Date: 17 Sep 2012 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Chicago -05:00 CDT
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Sign me up with Eileen.

2. TojiDestro

TojiDestro Well-Known Member

I'm in with Wolf

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Chances are good that I'll be able to make this one. Count me in with Aoi.

Kruza

4. ItzJin

ItzJin Member

Sign me up.....vanessa

5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'm in with Jean Kujo

6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    ~ 14 hours to confirm participation in the 360 major on Sunday

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Countdown timer for Major start time - you have ~ 12 hours to sign-up for 360 Major this Sunday.

The format of the tournament is explained in more detail - here. I am re-posting it here also:

The format of the Major Events are divided into sections. Depending on number of participants, it may slightly vary per division.

Round Robins - Each person plays each opponent twice within the bracket. Everyone plays the round robin in the order that is shown in the challonge bracket. After completing one match against each person, repeat the round robin for the second match (in the challonge bracket - "add a game" to add a second match). The winner of each bracket based on win-loss-tie record advances. Depending on the number of brackets and size of the division the second place finisher either advances to the 2 out of 3 single elimination event, go to a wild card stage, or does not advance. In cases of identical records, a one match tie-breaker would be done.

Wid Card (if needed) The players. Everyone plays a round robin of 1 match only. In cases of identical records, a one match tie-breaker would be done.

Single Elimination - Two out of Three Matches.

Please make sure to quickly update results so that the tournament can move forward as quickly as possible.

8. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  9. G1 TinTin

G1 TinTin Well-Known Member

XBL:
    G1 T i n T i n
    Count me in. Shun.

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Instead of making private conversations for organization of the Division Events (brackets, etc) - I will be making them into public threads in the VF Circuit Forum Section.

11. suminsoserious

suminsoserious Active Member

12. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Sign me up - El Blaze.

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sign-up deadline has ended. RSVPed option removed. Nothing guaranteed for late sign-ups. Thanks

14. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Im in. using Pai

15. DeadlyLastPush

DeadlyLastPush Member

PSN:
    Deathscythe79
    XBL:
    DeadlyLastPush
    I think I've got someone to cover me at work, so I'm in with Eileen. If its still possible. Sorry to always push it like this Akai ^^

16. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Found out that I have time to participate. So, I'm in if there's some room left!

17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I have not started brackets, likely will start working on them in between the PS3 Europe Division and PS3 America East Division. What character will you be using Krye? Lau?

18. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Yeah, Lau. Thanks!

19. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Question, will one person will be designated to update the results as the matches are being played through?

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Everyone is responsible for entering their results or at least reporting them. A public thread will be made for each division (links will be posted in sign-up thread). The success and smoot running of the circuit, is that everyone is proactive in making sure everything is done in a timely manner