1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[17 Dec 2014] Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS Tournament (Walnut, CA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS Tournament
Start Date: 17 Dec 2014 08:00 PM
End Date: 18 Dec 2014 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    it will be streaming right?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Yes to the stream (as far as I know). Should be vfsocal for sure. Maybe put the finals on levelup stream like last week.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  4. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for coming out last night! Especially to Hseiken and Death Walks Alone for coming out aaaaaaallllll the way from San Diego! Hope you guys had a safe trip back home!

Chanchai likes this.
  5. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    Yeah, we made it back alive. I took a nap before going up there so I wouldn't fall asleep on the way back. :)

Chanchai likes this.
  6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Miles for winning the tournament and becoming the strongest new player in the Los Angeles scene. Excellent work last night, my friend! Also, very special thanks to Hseiken and Death Walks Alone for again making the long drive from San Diego to play at WNF. Please believe me when I say it means alot to us that you guys are making such an incredible effort to support the VF scene. Without community support any game will die, guaranteed.

I don't expect everyone to show up every week but please come by when you can. I'm sure you guys have a hundred reasons why you can't make it but so do I. Yet I am still there every week driving an hour and a half to get to the event and 45 minutes back. I give away money weekly to attract new blood and try to keep VF relevant so we might not only get to have this game for evo next year but also give Sega a reason to give us more VF games in the future. If you really like VF and don't want to see the community die, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Tricky, hseiken1, Chanchai and 3 others like this.
  7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  8. Wingman

Wingman Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Wingman_SRK
    Wow! Huge props to Miles! Shout outs to LA Akira's wallet.

9. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Me, Death and Trap are on our way next week. I have a feeling we gotta train trap for some fundamentals, but even still...3 dudes from SD. Variety, son!

Chanchai and Plague like this.
  10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    See all of you tonight! Yessssss.

11. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Trap can't make it tonight, but me and death will be bringing it. We actually practiced a little bit this week. Will it pay off?

Chanchai likes this.
  12. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Anyone wanna give me a ride? lol

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  14. Kapwan

Kapwan Member

15. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Had a good time and although I was sort of noob commentator, wouldn't mind taking another crack at it as a guest at some point in the future. I think I kept my fucks and shits and the like to a minimum (unlike Aris, but I really had fun doing it and Aris kept me laughing!)

Chanchai likes this.
  16. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

You did a great job Hseiken

Chanchai likes this.
  17. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

commentary just takes practice. Keep doing it and you'll get better at it.

18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

commentating aint shit! we have to kill this thing about "proper" commentating business going on. Unless the people commentating are trying to get a job soon as a proffesional commentator and uses these events as practice...then yes, awesome idea. but regular folks? NO...just NO. JUST BE Yourself while at the mic, if cursing comes at you naturally, then USE IT (unless there's some stupid rule against it), it's not only waaaay more entertaining, but it will make you look less like you are trying to imitate a horse race commentator. perfect example of a good "commentator"? ARIS, the crowd loves when hes on cause he tells it as if talkign to a buddy. he doesnt HAVE to describe every single damm move someone does in the game, people aint blind!, if some good shit happens, THEN you get hype.

sorry, folks i had to get this outta my chest cause all this BS about "the art of commentating" is really only for people studing to be commentators.....if you are in the mic, be yourself, dont act like a REAl commentator. thas it!.

ps. imo, hseiken did just fine.
    pss. this aint directed at anyone, just something i wanted to write in general.

Chanchai and Tricky like this.
  19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  20. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    needs more PUNISHMENT!!!!!