1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[17 Dec 2014] Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS Tournament (Walnut, CA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS Tournament
Start Date: 17 Dec 2014 08:00 PM
End Date: 18 Dec 2014 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Big thanks for Hseiken and DWA for making it out and I am sorry I was unable to make it but I was dealing with family issues and work. Unfortunately since only four people showed up last night for the tournament last night, from now on we will not be hosting the event unless 5-6 people confirm beforehand. Sorry about having to do this but it's a big time investment for me, Plague and Brisal to run the event every week and we can't keep the game alive without the community's support.

2. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

WNF this week is on so please come out and support the game you guys begged sega so hard to make. I will be there from 7pm so if anyone wants casuals or tutoring before the tourney, come on down.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Added to Facebook. Have to work that day so I won't be there. I hope to be there next week

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for the ride. My attendance for VF5:FS at WNF is on hold until y'all let me know when it's time to play again.

5. Brisal73

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I will not be hosting this event again until there is enough interest but I will be at SCR. See you all there.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    OK! "Let's fight again!" Time to prepare for SCR and the upcoming SEGA CUP/SoCal event. I'll be hosting VF this Wednesday at WNF.

This is a shout-out AND a "Hey, man. Come to WNF and play VF!" to all these people that signed up in weeks past. It was great to have you and get back to Super Arcade for VF at WNF!

Again, not sure how many of these guys are here on VFDC, but if you know some of them, help spread the word. Let's get back to 30+ player VF5: FS tournaments!

floe
    shingin
    gordon daniels
    miles
    sonic thp
    iebg tasty steve
    anhedon1c
    bbc matrix matt
    phil s
    kaozen
    pxg chaosem
    jon m
    iebg honeybadger
    jay alan carter
    gunit version
    m type
    team spooky sk
    kels
    bobino
    lv emperor of paine
    dipstick
    doc z
    x blades
    CanJS Jackson
    hugo101
    icky
    OOOOOOOO
    black brotha
    ryan y
    sleepy
    Henry Nunez
    aris

Blackula likes this.
  8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    RESULTS from January 2nd, 2013 WNF
    Challonge Bracket

Feels good to be back in action at WNF. See all of you and more next week. Brisal73's party, SCR, and SEGA CUP/SoCalVF Party coming soon. Get ready.

Shag likes this.
  9. The Last Bum

The Last Bum Member

PSN:
    TheLastBum
    Hey was this streamed?

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    No stream for this one. Looking forward to streaming the next.

11. The Last Bum

The Last Bum Member

PSN:
    TheLastBum
    cool since I Live far away. I love watching high level VF.

12. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, I heard something about a WNF happening before or after SCR? Would like to know ASAP so some of us up here in Norcal can book flights/plan accordingly.

Thanks!

13. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    this - would love to bring some east coast flare. kthxbai

14. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'd be cool if you can bring more people Shidosha!

But our attendees from up here are starting to dwindle already. Hope to hear something soon, since we're trying to plan to go to the one before or after.

15. Brisal73

I am pretty sure if Nocal says they are coming to WNF we will have something either the week of or the week after SCR. Basically if people are coming we will be there if they don't we don't.

However, plan for SCR over anything else. WNF is there if we want it, but it's more important that people show up to SCR. Just my thinking

16. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I'm planning to have VF at WNF from now until whenever everyone gives up. That's how things grow. There's enough hype about SCR and SEGA CUP to keep people interested. So I'm starting with that.

R_Panda likes this.
  17. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks guys. We'll try to make it to both!

Or at least I will =|

18. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    Hey, I had a question. I'm thinking of going to this and checked out the srk thread. It looks to me like they play VF5 on PS3's only. Is that the case? I may need to dual mod my xbox stick before attending.

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    If you want to use that stick, yes, you would need to dual-mod.

Andramelech likes this.
  20. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Just use one of the sticks there. Socal crew uses high grades, they know what's up :).

Andramelech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.