1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

18th Beat-Tribe Cup Announced for 2023

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Apr 3, 2023.

By akai on Apr 3, 2023 at 11:50 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    FsIUS8FaUAATbmN.jpg
    After a 4 year absence, the Beat-Tribe Cup is coming back on May 14th, 2023. One of the most revered event for Virtua Fighter, VFR's 18th Beat-Tribe Cup is a 5on5 team tournament.

We will use this thread to provide updates as more information is available. Annoucement was made by Matsuda, manager of GAMENEWTON:

Myke, JCnextinc, Dreamboat and 3 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Apr 3, 2023.

1. akai
      akai
      Beat-Tribe will be held at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall.

Looks like it is a collaboration or part of the DreamHack World Tour...a group that focuses on eSport tournaments and gaming conventions. Currently, DreamHack World Tour will be at San Diego, USA, followed by Melbourne, Australia, and then Chiba, Japan.

On the DreamHack Japan website:

joanot and supergolden like this.
    2. supergolden
      supergolden
      I wonder if it will be arcade or PS version.

(PS being a lot easier to ship to Makuhari)
    3. akai
      akai
      It would be the first time Beat-Tribe use console over arcade cabiniet...I think the preference would be arcade cabinet. If they chose the console route, they might as well went with VFeS/VF5US on the PS4 (which they tried for the first time with the Fusion Cup)
      supergolden likes this.
    4. akai
      akai
      Normally there is more time to register a team for Beat-Tribe. It looks like the opportunity to do the event at Makuhari Messe and as part of DreamHack, they went with an abbreviated team entry period.

5-person Beat-Tribe Team Formation Rules:
      • A team must be composed of at least 3 different game characters
      • A team must have at least 3 members from the same region. For example: Tokyo, Kantou, Kansai, Kyushu, etc
      • Due to online VFeS and to lower the restrictions for team entries, they will also have a new category "Other" that removes the same region requirement. Depending on the number of team entries, "Other" teams may have their total points ranking (from individual players participating in VFR events) adjusted to reinforce Beat-Tribe as a region-based competition.
      Source: https://twitter.com/vf_relationship

Note that in the past there have been other categories for team entry such as "Ladies" and "Overseas/Foreigner".
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
      supergolden likes this.
    5. akai
      akai

VFR trailer for the event
      JCnextinc, smbhax and Tha_FeauchA like this.
    6. R_Panda
      R_Panda
      Thanks to some fortuitous timing, I'll be attending this.
      If anyone else here is going, let me know!
      joanot and akai like this.
    7. akai
      akai
      As of today, Beat-Tribe has over 100+ teams, 500 plus players.

There will be two official streams. Game Newton will do the Japanese stream while Majin Obama will do an English version of the stream. He is looking for English/Spanish speaking participants that will be going to Beat-Tribe.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
      joanot, Dreamboat and Myke like this.
    8. akai
      akai

The 18th Beat-Tribe Cup booklet (Japanese) is available to download. Posting here as I try to get the event post up later today/tomorrow.
      supergolden, VFnumbers and Shinobi like this.
    9. supergolden
      supergolden
      Translated the schedule to English. Namflow and I will be doing commentary live from the venue on Majin Obama's stream!

Attached Files:

akai likes this.