1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[19 Jul 2019] Defend the North 2019 (New York, New York)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MadeManG74, Feb 5, 2019.

Defend the North 2019
Start Date: 19 Jul 2019 10:00 AM
End Date: 22 Jul 2019 10:00 AM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

New Yorker Hotel
New York, New York 10001

Posted By: MadeManG74

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
  1. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    I wrote up a poll to see if there is interest in running NYG on Friday and Saturday, with us going to DTN on Sunday for the tournament. I think that this will help travelers who don't want to pick between two events (and possibly EVO) in one summer. As much as I love NYG, and I will do it regardless of what gets picked, I think it's really important we show up to FGC events like DTN. You guys can vote on it HERE.

MadeManG74 and IcKY99 like this.
  2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

here is the updated flyer
    [​IMG]

3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Are sign-ups available for VF yet? Flyer looks great!

4. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Vanessa Cup: Best Vanessa outside of JP!

FT7 Winner = $300 Cash

You could be like this Fool!

VFhayato, adamYUKI and IcKY99 like this.
  5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    VFhayato likes this.
  6. MadeManG74

7. MadeManG74

Hey everyone, is anyone booking hotel accommodation soon and want to split a room? I'm looking to share with someone if possible, so please ping me if so.

8. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

7 people! good stuff! lets get 100!

9. MadeManG74

Where can you see attendees? I tried checking today.

10. cobratron

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  11. cobratron

BIG HEADS UP!

Registration closes tonight at 8:59pm PST. If you are coming and haven't entered on smash.gg do it ASAP because I'm not entirely sure if walk-up registrations are possible.

Remember joining the Virtua Fighter event on Sunday is FREEEEEEEE once you have payed to enter Defend The North.

Also don't forget NYG will be happening Friday and Saturday at Next Level Arcade. One of the mightiest of weekends for Virtua Fighter in America!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  12. VFhayato

I though NYG was Friday and Saturday at DTN? I'll be at DTN on Friday early to setup VF and maybe bring a stream down.

13. cobratron

[​IMG]

VFhayato likes this.
  14. VFhayato

Got it!

15. MadeManG74

Is someone able to stream the tournament on Sunday?

16. VFhayato

Yup! xbox will be moved to where is the other stream setups are

MadeManG74 likes this.
  17. VFhayato

I will bring a PC in case. My stream setups as of right now is not the best but you can stream VF from it.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  18. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    If you didn't register but you are coming to the event for sure (I now realize there are a few of you), please DM me on Twitter (@VFHarpoon), or PM me on VFDC and I will try to work something out for you.

19. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Okay, the schedule changed because we were invited to the BYOC area for the whole weekend. Events are now as follow:
    Friday: Streaming from Next Level Arcade on twitch.tv/harpooneer. I will be there early to set up the stream, because space will be at a premium. We are going to be raising funds for the matcherino. https://matcherino.com/tournaments/13699/ Please come through if you aren't entered into a game Friday, we are hoping to stream some hype matches for people to donate.
    Saturday: We will be at the BYOC area of DTN all day for casuals. If you are in the venue you can come and go as you please and play VF.
    Sunday: This is the tournament day. The tournament is scheduled to begin at 12 PM. Because we are currently over the cap (66 entrants so far!), it's really important that you are available when called. There will likely be DQs from people who entered because it is a free tournament with a big pot, but we are still anticipating a big turnout. Try to be there a bit early. Top 8 WILL be streamed by @cruzlink2 on twitch.tv/nycfurby, so if you aren't there you can catch that. I believe it will start at 4PM, but updates will come through here and on my twitter (@VFHarpoon) if anything changes.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  20. cobratron