1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[19 Jul 2019] NYG: Pre-DTN Hangout! (Brooklyn, NY)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Harpooneer, Jun 2, 2019.

NYG: Pre-DTN Hangout!
Start Date: 19 Jul 2019 01:00 PM
End Date: 21 Jul 2019 01:00 AM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

874 4 Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Posted By: Harpooneer

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
  1. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    I was able to secure stream space at Next Level for the Friday and Saturday of DTN weekend. As many of you know, the VF tournament is Sunday and we'll have a lot of players traveling in for it. In order to not split the audience, I'm running NYG as a hangout before DTN. We already know players like @IcKY99, @cobratron, @adamYUKI, and GT will be there. Let's all hang and play VF all weekend!

Thursday, 7/18: Apparently Next Level will be full of card players on Thursdays so we can't stream from there. I will be looking to get together a big dinner for all the traveling players, so hit me up in a PM or DM me on Twitter (@VFHarpoon) to get in on that. Maybe we can recreate the wild Kenka party from NYG9! If the arcade is really packed for real I'll look into hosting a house session maybe.

Friday, 7/19: We'll run a VF5FS tournament for fun-style prizes. The goal will be to stream it and get the pot bonus up for DTN (https://matcherino.com/tournaments/13699/overview). We're over 300 bucks already and I haven't even put in my customary giant donations yet so it's going to be big. We'll also run high-profile exhibitions or money matches (while we won't advertise which matches are money matches for optics, I think it'll be pretty clear).

Saturday, 7/20: If you aren't going to be at DTN for another game, we'll be running games at Nexl Level again. More exhibitions, along with Fighting Vipers. If I can get my hands on a Naomi2 we can run VF4 as well. We'll be pushing donations again, so we'll keep the Matcherino link on hand.

Sunday: 7/21: The big day! We'll roll in to DTN and show the FGC that VF can hold its own at a major event. I'll be streaming this as well.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me so far with stream practice. If anyone does overlays or the like, hit me up because this is a grassroots effort and I'll need all the help I can get! I'm not the best at design, which should be obvious to anyone who's seen my posters lol. I'm pretty hype for the event, and I'm excited to see everyone who's traveling!

Post your callouts in the thread, and I'll start hyping them up! I'll get it started: @IcKY99 you are a chill dude who I like, but I never played you before so I wanna see you there, baby!

cobratron and Oioron like this.
  2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'll be in NYC on the 18th, looking forward to this dinner and weekend of VF!

cobratron likes this.
  3. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

LOL! I just saw this!

4. Player_1

Player_1 Well-Known Member

I am coincidentally visiting NY at the moment and will intentfully visit Next Level this weekend!

(I haven’t played in long time, and still like 4 better than 5; so i hope you can get your hands on that Naomi 2 ^^)

According to the OP, friday and saturday will be the best days for me to visit. Could you say if it is it best to drop by during the day or the evening?

Thanks for keeping VF around!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    VFhayato and MadeManG74 like this.
  5. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

I'll be at defend the north friday,saturday,sunday to setup vf over there. I can try to make it down on thursday for some VF play at NL.