1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

1st dan sux

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by OhgmA, Apr 21, 2002.

1. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

i must really suck! i can not get past 1st dan, and even when i do i wont be able to get past 2nd.. does lei-fei just suck at kumite or somthing? i do fine in the first round then the a.i. adapts to my moves or something and freaking ownz me.

anyone that has done well with lei in kumite have any tips? or something to concentrate on, or even a crappy cheezy move that will work on the a.i. just to keep me from destroying my ps2?

2. milhouse

milhouse Member

It's not Lei that sucks. Not that that answer helps any. I'm in the same boat. I'm new to VF, started with Lei. I even got demoted from 1st Dan once!!! After I regained 1st Dan I've made it to my ranking match for 2nd Dan twice. Lost 'em both.
    One thing that might help is replays. I've watched mine and saw that after a high kick I'd foot sweep. The AI would learn this and beat me down.
    One move I've been lucky with is the. P+K, P, P.
    Let me know when you get promoted!!! (and how you did it)

3. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

SABAKI SABAKI SABKI, computer falls for all of them, and you must learn to use them against it. Now understand that kumite will hurt you game against actual people cause the computer will fall for sabaki all the time. uf+k+g combos, and Iron Man Tech. ([DF] p,p+k) are must and will help you get up there. Im at 9th dan. Also, in kumite to advance you have to beat a person of you same rank like 5 or 6 times without losing to them. IF you lose to your same rank the count starts over.

4. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

thanks guys im gonna try again tomarrow tonight however i must sleep /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

5. Tai_Ji_Quan

Tai_Ji_Quan Member

it takes a couple hours before they promote you

6. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

wth! what is the rule you have to defeat someone of the same rank 5 times to rank-up what does that mean. someone else 1st dan?? cause all im getting are 4th 6th and 10th dan's and they all whoop my ass!! other than them all i get are kyus
    what do i have to beat to win! i wish there was a way i could see how many v points i have

7. milhouse

milhouse Member

I think it's "equal or higher" rank. I did get promoted to 2nd Dan, but then got thrashed repeatedly. Back down to 1st. I've even been demoted from 1st Dan to 1st Kyu two different times!
    The ranking system seems a little whack. I've lost several fights, then won one against somebody higher, then the next fight is a demotion match!

8. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Once you get to 1st Dan, NOTHING affects your ranking except fights against same-level opponents. Just get a total of 5 victory points (wins - losses) to advance. Once you get to 10th Dan it changes a bit, but not much.

9. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

alright so if i was to win to a 2nd-10th dan then win to a 1st dan i would only have 1 v points?

that would help alot cause im concentrating too much on the 2nd-10th dans and i loose the 1st for some reason

oh is there a way to see how many v points i have?

10. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

Like Jedi said, Sabaki is the way to go. Use moves like df or uf~P+KP or d~P+KP to set up your sabaki, doing this with a few uf~K+G combos and b,f~P+K, b~PP, d~K got me to Champion rank.

edit: d/f~P+G, P+Kpp is also a good move

P.S. Sorry if you can't understand what the moves are since I'm fairly new to VF