1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2 general questions

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by moo, Aug 31, 2003.

1. moo

moo New Member

Hello! im a new vf player who has just purchased evo, im a 6th dan pai and i have noticed 2 main problems in my game.

1. When ive just been knocked down and opponents are right on top of me, i often find myself without any space and very close to my opponent, this is a position i struggle in, especially if im fighting jeffry/wolf or other throw happy chars. I always seem to make the wrong decision when my opponent is crouching close to me which ends up leaving me in a guarenteed throw/counter position, any general tips or advice? i know the best medium hitting moves i have available but i never seem to grab the advantage.

2. Incorporating evading into my play. The only fighting game ive played much before evo is tekken 3. Stone age fighting system where evading isnt really a part of play (wasnt for me anyway). Ive done all the evading exercises in training but i still rarely use evading to effect in battles, usually leaving myself in a vunerable posistion. Again, any general tips on the best way to practice evading or when to use evading?

Thanks in advance, this seems like a great community, and VF seems like a great fighting series /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

When you techroll/quickrise you're at a huge disadvantage where the opponent can force a throw or mid guessing game on you...so you have to guess between a throw or mid attack...not a good situation to be in. You can increase your chances of succesfully avoiding both by doing stuff like evading throw escapes, using a sabaki etc...so in short there is no easy way out.

Evading is useful when you're at a disadvantage, like when one of your moves is blocked...it becomes really effective if used with throw escapes.