1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2 KG vs. KG

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Mackfactor, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    These two moves are both intended for tech roll wake up or against ppl who evade...
    My question is... in what situations would use with 2KG instead of KG ( 2kg being plus 1 more to activate at 21 vs 20 to activate KG, KG is full circular, etc).
    And what can i do after a successful 2KG or 8KG, im thinking maybe only a guaranteed down punch????

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

For more details on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+[G including its usage look at those discussions here and here.

In general: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is used to trap an opponent who is quick-recovering from the ground. It can be used against OMs, too, but that's very rare, as you have to guess whether the opp. OMs into the fore- or background. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is against all kind of evasions to the side (OM & DM), but as it hits high, it can't be used against tech-rollers.

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

You can block 2/8K+G after side techroll too as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For me it's just one of those options Goh has against teching opponents. A fuzzy-safe quite damaging low (guaranteed LDA and if the opponent doesn't recover fast enough: low throw), mixed with throws, low-throws and mids and K+G full-circular.

4. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I think you're totally right there.

5. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    oh I also found out that
    it catches ppl who crouch dash
    ( :
    and sometimes after a wall combo

6. AssassinCP

AssassinCP Active Member

we found that one out didnt we mack lol

7. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    YES WE DID
    ASSASSINCP, that was all u.
    Didnt think u were on here.

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Wanted to share a bit about 2/8K+G so I opted to resurrect this '09 thread instead of the '07 one. Without further ado *clears throat* RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

Here's a breakdown of the characters and to which direction you can and can't catch them with 2/8K+G on a regular evade:

Eileen - foreground & background
    Akira - foreground
    Goh - N/A (not applicable)
    Brad - N/A (YEAH!)
    Pai - foreground & background
    Shun - foreground & background
    Lei - foreground
    Lau - foreground
    Aoi - foreground & background
    Jeffry - background
    Vanessa - N/A (too inconsistent)
    Kage - N/A
    Wolf - background
    Sarah - foreground (sorry Kaminari)
    Lion - foreground
    Jacky - background
    El Blaze - N/A (too inconsistent)

This works from closest range only and in both open and closed stances on a regular evade.

Alright now don't you gentlemen thieves go and abuse this, lol.

9. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    u sure tony, i think it works on evryone if u know which way their gonna evade? this and low sabaki are my fav moves with goh, and 2 K+G ,8K+G.. It should work on whoever whenever u pull it off. After wakeup, just gotta know whether they are teching up or down. Sometimes the move doesnt work because of distance and timing.. each combo ender or combo, the 2KG and 8kg the timing is different. U can do that move if u have this weird angle to the wall... u can get someone trying to crouch dash... so if u know their move is -6 and they consistantly do cf in -6 situations, that move should work/ also low throw.

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

2/8K+G will work against REGULAR EVADES also. That's what I was referring to.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I always thought it had something to do with the activation frames, and that you have to get them to connect on the last ones.

12. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

good job thanks for the results.