1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2 Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Console' started by SilentKnight, Mar 25, 2002.

1. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

I just got the VF4, and it rocks, but I have a few questions.

1. I started playing Kumite mode, but my stats weren't showing up. I beat 20 fighters and I didn't rank up at all either. Am I supposed to make a character first before doing Kumite? If this is the case, how do I do that?

2. What's the difference between system files and data files? I made one of each, but I don't know what they do.

3. And finally, why the hell is Akira so hard? I played Arcade Mode and got to him, but he kept kicking my ass. Wargh! This isn't really a question, just had to vent it out.

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

1. if i remember correctly. u need to go to data files in the menu. select new player. then just create a player. then go to kumite and press select and choose that player u just created

2. System files contains data of the vs mode records, option settings, etc. Data files are like player files, ai files ,etc. correct me if i am wrong.

3. He kicked my ass the first time i saw him too. Learn to abuse the stupid dumb AI /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

k, thanks buya! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif