1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2 quick questions for Hori SC2 stick users

Discussion in 'Console' started by LM_Akira, Mar 20, 2005.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Basically, I own 2 SC2 sticks and they're definately my favourite sticks to play fighting games on. One I've had for around 3 years and has really served me well so I decided to buy a backup stick a month ago or so.

Problem is, my "new" SC2 stick has 2 problems:

1. The stick is way to loose
    2. The buttons can only distinguish down to 2 frames of input.

Point 1 is really really annoying as a simple [4] [6] command can turn into a [4][1][3] command or something. Even when you really put the effort into the exact commands, the stick is just too loose to be able to reproduce them. My inputs on my other SC2 stick are fine.

How can I go about tightening the stick? (if it's possible without putting a new one in).

Point 2 is bizarre as I've tested it out in VF practice mode with command inputs switched on and I simply can't get any single button to register for 1 frame (eg for Akira's knee) yet I can do that fine on my other SC2 stick. The lowest it'll ever go is 2 frames.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to sort things out? (Or am I going to need to replace the buttons or never use the stick with Akira?)

Cheers for any help.

2. Steptoe_Akira

Steptoe_Akira Well-Known Member

Yeah I had the exact same problem with the exact same stick, your soul calibur is broke. You need to get it swapped.