1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 Apr 2013] Sega Cup: Virtua Fighter Tournament 2013 (Walnut, CA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by hseiken1, Dec 19, 2012.

Sega Cup: Virtua Fighter Tournament 2013
Start Date: 20 Apr 2013 10:00 AM
End Date: 20 Apr 2013 01:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

Walnut, CA

Posted By: hseiken1

Confirmed Attendees: 16
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    @brisal, this WAS in another thread until some mod moved it here.

2. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    We don't need another thread for this Brisal. This is entirely on topic and another thread would just be clutter.

steelbaz likes this.
  3. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    BTW, 20$ it is.

nou, R_Panda and steelbaz like this.
  4. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I've entered the tournament, but I have no idea if I'm going or not ^^;

steelbaz likes this.
  5. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Sad to announce that I'm a fraud.

Had some rather serious family complications come up that I just can't ignore.
    I even took out a loan just to afford this trip only to have to cancel it :(

/prepares to be put on blast

GL to everyone going, I'll be watching if I find the time.

6. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    real life is always more important than games dude...100% of the time

Chanchai and steelbaz like this.
  7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Heh, taking a loan out for a VF trip sounds pretty dedicated to me, don't feel to down about it :)

Chanchai likes this.
  8. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Need a ride from Marina Del Rey tomorrow to the venue, anyone able to help?

9. westtrade

westtrade Well-Known Member

Good luck and have fun everyone.

10. Ylyon

Ylyon Well-Known Member

XBL:
    ylyon
    so.... any report from the event? :)

11. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    What's to report that isn't expected? It was friggin' awesome and everyone there was cool as hell.

Much VF was played, the tourney was streamed. Can't wait for the next one. :)

Ylyon likes this.
  12. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Are the fights posted somewhere? I missed the entire event.

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Akai posted these links in the news:
    part 1
    part 2

14. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Did they ever get how many people showed up

15. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz

Ylyon and ShinyBrentford like this.
  16. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Was glad I was able to get home in time to watch the finals.

Jumped off the couch when GT beat Itazan. Good showing guys. Was a blast to watch.

Tricky my man, next NY tournament... I'm there. I feel like I've fallen so far behind you at this point, I just wanna see how far :) Awesome job.

Shoutouts to everyone who was in CA, showing the world that VF ain't dead.

Tricky likes this.
  17. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

It was nice to meet all the people I play online in person and some players I have never meet. I didn't know a loud arrogant Texan would have been so popular. I learn a lot of life lesson being it was me coming out of the minors and entering the majors. You can't be the nice guy at major tournaments.

I got to see a lot of wow moments live. GT beating Itabashi Zangief. GT your a monster now, but told you this is the time for the south to show what it's all about. Kobi beating Rodney(Kobi. Where was that in the tag tourney when I need it. Zass can burning hammer you 5 times, but then you go and send to great Rodney to losers. I'm like WTF. Did the stars align?) Denki and Shirt loving all the cheesy 80's music that I love. (Denki turn around bright eyes. Turn around) BTW Thanks LAAkira for showing a Texan a good time. After all these years I finally got to have some offline matches with Rocketblaze or should I say Rocketpai with your secret ninja sweater. Same with Chief Flash, Its nice to finally get to play offline. Blackstar I'm the Georgia champion. Come at me bro. Shirt you were the life of the party. If you ever end up in Dallas hit me up. Brisel your Taka is a bitch to fight against and I mean that in a good way. AyuFanboy and Renzo. I'm going to get my payback. But after all that I biggest wow moment of all is meeting KO and trying to get a trolly conversation out of him. He was so polite. It drove me bonkers.

I also had a lot of missed opportunities.
    Tricky I wish I didn't have to leave so soon so I could get my avenge Rare Entity FT10 with you. Rodney I wish I could have hit you up on some casuals so we could finally have a match without a lag spike every three seconds. Same with GT, LA, and Shag (I wanted the best Goh of America match) Goduku. Where were you at? I know that there was a lot of stuff going on, but unless you were wearing a ninja mask I wasn't going to pick you out of a crowd. I was talking to Tricky and he said you would be up for are 50$ FT10 I just couldn't find you at the time.

And last but not least thanks SEGA. This is a great way to advertise the game. Keep it up. Also buy Shirt a Steak Dinner. He deserves it.

BlueLink and BLACKSTAR like this.
  18. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    As a player in the SEGA Cup tourney, I have to say:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Alex Valle, Level | Up, Mike Watson, Super Arcade, Jeff Beckham, LA Akira, and SEGA for creating such an AWESOME event!
    It was one of the best experiences, not just in tounaments or in gaming, but in my life. I truly had a blast, was able to meet players I've been playing for years for the first time in person, was able to meet players dozens and dozens of new players, was able to get casuals with the great and legendary Itazan (where I was, of course, beaten), had the chance to attempt to communicate in broken and painfully basic Japanese with Fuudo and Choufu KK Sarah, as well as have a great excuse to experience beautiful Los Angeles in all its glory for the first time (special thanks to Shidosha for showing me around!)
    This experience as a tournament was well worth any cash it took to make it there and then some -- thank you SEGA for making it all possible

I have more to write, but it'll have to be later

Chanchai and BlueLink like this.
  19. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Also, this:

Unicorn, ExzetyXat1, Chanchai and 3 others like this.
  20. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    The whole thing was great especially the special event at LAakira's place on Sunday that had to be about as good or better than Sega Cup itself. Special thanks for all the people there from all over the country. I met people I enjoyed playing with online for a long time. I want to go to the next sega cup to see who else shows up but the best part of my trip was when I fought Fuudo playing his lion and shun in fun casual sets. That by itself made the trip worthwhile and they are all fun, polite, and approachable people too

Extra special props to Shinybrentford and Chief Flash who I saw in person for the first time ever. It wasn't anything like I expected especially when I met Shiny he was just as fun to talk to as he is to listen to online ranting as he always does. I could say more but I don't want to make this post too long but it was a great experience overall and it revived my drive to play VF again for a long time. Offline VF rocks I just wish I could experience it more often oh well

Chanchai and ShinyBrentford like this.