1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 Mar 2015] Sakura Fight Festival 2015 (London)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Dec 19, 2014.

Sakura Fight Festival 2015
Start Date: 20 Mar 2015 05:00 PM
End Date: 23 Mar 2015 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT

Bolney Meadow Community Centre, London, SW8 1EZ
London SW8 1EZ

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [​IMG]

The Trailer!

http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/ - Sign up here! All info and rules are also here!

http://sakurafightfesta.co.uk/forum/ - Please head to our forum for questions or discuss the event or post here.

============================================================================
    Sakura Fight Festa is a Fighting game tournament based in London completely dedicated to Japanese Fighting games! We believe that these fighters all deserve the spotlight and will do our best to promote the communities that play and are loyal to their games!
    ============================================================================

Over the span of 3 days, the following Games will be played:

Games List

1. [ 64 Player Limit ] Blazblue Chronophantasma (PS3)
    2. [ 64 Player Limit ] Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)
    3. [ 32 Player Limit ] Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3)
    4. [ 32 Player Limit ] Under Night In-birth Exe:late (PS3)
    5. [ 32 Player Limit ] Persona 4 Arena 2 (PS3)
    6. [ 32 Player Limit ] Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (PC)
    7. [ 32 Player Limit ] Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS3)
    8. [ 32 Player Limit ] Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Xbox 360)
    9. [ 32 Player Limit ] Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)

Location: Bolney Meadow Community Center, 31 Bolney Street, SW8 1EZ Vauxhall London, England UK
    Dates: 20th - 22th of March 2015
    Venue Fee: £15 for a 3 days advance signup, 20 pound for the 3 days on the door. (Even if you arrive sunday [​IMG] )
    Tournament Entry Fee: £5
    Nearest Tube Station: Vauxhall (Victoria Line/National Rail, Zone 2) and Stockwell (Victoria Line/Northern Line Zone 2)

Tournament Format
    • Double Elimination
    • Each set is FT2 to win the set, Finals will be FT3
    Venue Rules:

• You must be aged 16 or above. No alcohol/drugs/illegal substances, any found will mean ejection from the venue and possible banning of future events.
    • No fighting at the venue, any fighting is a bannable offense, if there is a problem please contact a member of staff first.
    • Any weaponry brought to the venue will result in immediate calls to the police.Any controllers and sticks are your own responsibility; we will not look after any at any time.
    • Do not touch any of the consoles unless you are plugging in your stick or controller.
    • Please make sure you have your wrist band at all times. Staff will periodically check if you have your wristband with youFor venue entry, please print off your PayPal receipt and a symbol of identification (Driverfs Licence, Passport, ID Card) to get your wristband.
    If anything has happened to your wristband, please bring the old one to get a new one at the front desk, explaining why this occurred

Tournament Rules:

• If you are not at your designated spot when your game is called, there is a countdown of 2 minutes - If you are not there, you will be disqualified. If you have another game to play, please let your respective games judge know so they can start another match. If you need to go toilet, please let the member of staff know that is taking your side of the bracket so there is no confusion.
    • If there is a pause or controller disconnect while the game is active, then the offending player forfeits that round.
    • Notify when you are going for a button check so there is no confusion. Buttons checksMUST be performed before the match starts and is the responsibility of the player.
    • Chronos converters are banned
    • No Turbo controllers
    • No Wireless Pads. This includes the Dualshock 3 and Xbox 360 wireless pad. (Due to the liability of people pressing home button during other people's matches)

If you have interest of going to the event please post here, go to our forums, OR contact @FROSTYBOLTY via Twitter, and please state the games you'll be interested in playing also.

Notes (PLEASE READ)

• Participant Limit - There is a limited number of allocated spots and those who pay 1st will get priority over those who haven't. So pay early and guarantee your spot in the tournament!
    • Venue - The venue is the SAME as Revolution
    • Catering - One of the big issues we had was that people had to walk quite a distance...for some water. We will be sorting this out by selling stuff at the venue! Cans of Coke, Water, 7UP, etc. Will be keeping the costs to a minimum so like 60p a can but we will keep you informed about it. Please suggest some drinks that you want to see, we will try to get them including hot drinks like GREEN TEA! Also due to the food around the area not being to a decent standard, there is a possibility of food being provided at the Venue itself. If you are interested, and would like this service, please post your interest below or at our forums.
    • HypeMeter Removal - Yeah err...we're working on that. The council and the owners of the venue have said we are ALLOWED to turn it off....we just need to figure out how
    • Raffle - MAAAAYYYYBEEEEEE
    • Travel - If you fly in from Stanstead you can get into London from anywhere between £2 to £15 ONE WAY. If you get in at Heathrow you can get into Central London for about £5. You MUST get an Oyster or you are gonna get ripped off in London, hope you kept it from last Revolution!
    • Contact - You can ask questions at our forum http://sakurafightfesta.co.uk/forum/. Alternately you can contact us on Twitter @FROSTYBOLTY, @Rayokarna or @Firei_uk. Also you should follow @NthGenI for twitter updates. Email contact is nthgeninteractive@hotmail.co.uk
    Here is a picture taken at the end of Revolution 2014 - Don't we look happy :). Here's looking forward to meeting you all!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    ShinyBrentford, cobratron and Mister like this.
  2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

:D finally a date. I'll look forward to this event.

edit: lol someone already put me in :°D is that you marly? Thanks for that

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  3. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    OLROIT MATE!

I guess it depends on whether or not Andrew signs up.

cobratron likes this.
  4. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Great!
    I'm definitely in.

I'm going to attend FS and Xrd...and for the raffle as Krye as already said it depends of Andrew is in there or not XD

cobratron likes this.
  5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Hmm, this sounds promising.
    How it looks like with sleeping?

6. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Did I hear "raffle"? I'm in! I guess I may as well stay for VF as well.

Also, you guys do realise that there's an nearly endless amount of pressure on me to dominate this raffle too, and when I inevitably don't, hopefully you'll all realise that I merely got super lucky at SCE.

Or I can just not enter and say "I don't need to prove anything. I'm already the KING OF RAFFLES. Yeah, I like that option better.

Combolammas, cobratron and G0d3L like this.
  7. Firei

Firei Member

We'd love it if you guys can come. We'll try our best to get enough prizes for a raffle, so it's likely. I'd watch it though, we have real raffle monsters at the Last revolution tournament lol, so good luck.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  9. Firei

Firei Member

Hey Unicorn.

I would suggest you stay here:

http://www.traveljoyhostels.com/

It is roughly £25-30 a night, so I would suggest you get a group to fill the room so you can talk and have fun all night.

It's been recommended by previous players who came to Revolution, and apparently you get free breakfast, free soft drinks, and if you get ensuite, your room has its own bathroom facilities.

From this hostel, it is also 5-10 minute walk to Vauxhall station and a 15-20 minute walk to the venue.

10. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm thinking about coming to this. Is VF scheduled for all 3 days?

11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm interested but I'll have to make decisions closer to the event. Flights are something that doesn't quite fit my student budget but this might be doable especially if the rooms near there are so cheap.

12. Firei

Firei Member

@cobratron - rough schedules are here at the bottom of the page.

http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/?page_id=152

The actual VF tournament is going to be on Sunday 22nd March, and Friday and Saturday will be casual days, although you are free to do your own tournaments in this time frame. Why not enter some other games while you are there?

@Combolammas - The more people the better man :). Everyone who came to Revolution loved it, so expect more of the same this time!

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok I'm all set. I'll arrive thursday 19th and leave tuesday 24th. I also bought the pass for the event (3 days + vf5fs). Maybe I could have bought something less for the event, but We never know if we are going there or not for free play and it's a good way to support the fgc community

14. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hm i would come but the "no ps3 pad"" totally froze me sad coz i wantedto come back in england...

15. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I'm surprised you haven't run into this before, but you could pull out the battery from the controller and just play with it on USB.

16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    It seems that the problem isn t due to the wireless but it s due to the home button...

17. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I think they are more worried that you might accidentally press the home button while your not playing. Removing the battery makes that impossible. And at worse, if it happens mid-match you just lose that round

18. Mister

Imho they are worried that you may press the home button and have the pad connectec by mistake to some other console. That may cause the other games to stop by an external cause. The solution about the battery seems right. @MakiLeSushi try to contact the organization and ask for details in this regard.

19. Firei

Firei Member

Unfortunately, we've been through this topic about ps3 wireless pads extensively with players with similar concerns. The thing is even if u remove the battery, it STILL syncs & homes to the ps3 it synced to before for a brief second the moment it gets power. We've gone through many solutions, but in the end, we cannot risk a 3rd party interruption ruining someone's tournament.

We would suggest getting a 2nd Gen PS2 pad instead. Its pretty close to the dualshock 3 and response times on that controller are excellent even when you use a ps2 converter for xbox 360 (I assume you're currently using a ps3 to xbox360 converter). That or use and Xbox 360 Wired controller.

20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes i actually play with ps3 pad with xb360 convertor. I tried to play with ps2 pad but the cross isn t smooth as the ps3 one so my inputs are slower and not done well. I could break the button home but i couldn t connect my pad. I ll try tto find a solution. Ty anyway