1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 Mar 2015] Virtua Fighter@Final Round 18 -- MARCH 20-22, 2015 ATLANTA, GA... (Atlanta, GA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Jan 28, 2015.

Virtua Fighter@Final Round 18 -- MARCH 20-22, 2015 ATLANTA, GA...
Start Date: 20 Mar 2015 07:00 PM
End Date: 20 Mar 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30354

Posted By: BLACKSTAR

Confirmed Attendees: 5
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Aight, just made it to the venue. If you wanna play me in VF today, post on here or look out for the crew-cut black dude with the Sarah Bryant bead necklace.

IcKY99 likes this.
  2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm here, I'll look for you after I get some food.

steelbaz likes this.
  3. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I just got to work, probably won't be down there until 5, where are you set up?

4. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    ill be in the same room as last year, most likely. im not set up yet, but ill be starting to set up soon

5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    To all already at Final Round, I'll be setting up at around 5pm, if you wanna play casuals

6. BlueLink

BlueLink Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLUELINKBR
    Final Round this year was a blast. I was feeling really down with life overall before this, and now I'm refreshed again. I was needing it. Thank you for everyone who I played against and hanged out with, and thank you for all the staff (specially the VF staff, the tournament this year was godlike) who made this awesome event possible. Also, sorry if at any moment I did something bad to someone here.

Also, I'm really happy I won a match against Itazan on the tournament, even though I only train VF online against @Coil and no one else. That shows that as long as you have one really dedicated friend playing the game with you, it's possible to get into a competitive level, we just need to start using all characters in the game now and start learning all dem match-ups, and you can be sure Sarah is my top priority learning Kappa.

I hope I can come back again next year!

BLACKSTAR, MrAnnual and ToyDingo like this.
  7. Arjay

Arjay Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Arjay9975
    All good things must come to an end, but what a good time it was. Another Final Round is in the books, and I wanna thank you, Blackstar for hosting another VF tourney. Also, thanks to everyone participating from literally around the world. Hope to do this again next year.

Here are a few photos from the event as well.

VF Tourney 01.jpg VF Tourney 02.jpg VF Tourney 03.jpg VF Tourney 04.jpg VF Tourney 05.jpg

8. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    FR18 was awesome this year. Thanks to @BLACKSTAR for putting it together.

Awesome fights with EVERYONE involved. I'm still amazed by how much everyone has improved from FR17. Huge props to @Shag and @BlueLink for taking a few games away from Itabashi. (Seriously, Bluelink has improved greatly since last year)

I look forward to seeing you guys again next year. Hopefully we can pull Fuudo from SF for five minutes. And I want a rematch vs Itabashi. I plan on winning atleast 2 rounds next time.

Favorite moment of the event: @RaishinX passing out drunk during casuals. Dude was on the floor like he got caught by a Tyson hook.

9. Arjay

Arjay Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Arjay9975
    I wasn't sure, but I thought this was him on the FGC Presents : BODIED!! page on Facebook.

22684_10155369636675694_9150253631586413842_n.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  10. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Lol that's Raishin relaxing after another tense fight. I'm thinking he'd be an awesome shun player.

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  11. MrAnnual

MrAnnual Member

I don't know if anyone else caught it but during the matches with @Arjay, Itabashi murmured "So scary". That Jeff had him on his toes.

ToyDingo, BLACKSTAR and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  12. RaishinX

RaishinX Active Member

yea. that's basically a before and after of the weekend for me.

BLACKSTAR, BlueLink, Shag and 4 others like this.
  13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    My big regret at FR was I didn't play more VF the two days it was there. Thanks so much Blackstar for setting it up and I hope to see and play everyone again next year.

14. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  15. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I don't have much time to type, but I gotta say, seriously, thank you all that came through:

@Arjay
    @BlueLink
    bapk
    @RaishinX
    @ToyDingo
    @Shag

This year was alot of fun, actually. I wasn't totally stressed out like last year (which was my fault), this year was just 'fun'. I had a great time hanging out with you all and playing VF. Not to mention that so many players got better since last year, and was giving even the great ItaZan alot to worry about!

I'm bummed out that I actually didn't get to play much VF though, and I didn't get to play casuals with ItaZan either. D: Again, my fault, and next year i will keep the door open more for more casuals. More than likely, what will happen for next year is that I'll open up the room all day friday and sunday for VF and like half-a-day (evening time only) for saturday (so everyone can focus on main-game tournaments like Street Fighter).

Also, @ToyDingo and I ran a FT5 offline grudge match, R.A.W.-style! It was called an 'I Quit' match, and the loser had to quit Team Wite Wimmen and had to accept the winner's choice for a new main for 3 months! Who won the set?? Who was forced off the Sarah Bryant ship??? Find out when I actually upload the set on YouTube!!! :D :D :D

ToyDingo and I will meet again and play in another set in 3 months, so look forward to it!

Shag, BlueLink, Arjay and 3 others like this.
  16. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Oh and if anyone has any suggestions to how to make next year's VF@FR better, let me know on here!

BlueLink and Cozby like this.
  17. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I just want to point out that I'm disappointed that you and I weren't mic'd up for that match. That amount of trash talk was epic. At one point I thought @BLACKSTAR was going to literally punch me as I was waving my finger about 1 inch away from his face.

Good times...

Cozby and BLACKSTAR like this.
  18. Arjay

Arjay Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Arjay9975
    Already making plans to come back next year.

Shag, BlueLink and Cozby like this.
  19. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    He probably had this catch phrase that everyone else has no matter if its a 2d or 3d player. " i dont play it but RESPECT those who do"

ToyDingo and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  20. RaishinX

RaishinX Active Member

lol what? man I hate I missed that