1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 May 2018] OVER 100!!! VF Arena Round Robin Tournament (Online - Xbox Live)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Blitzball Champ, Mar 22, 2018.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
OVER 100!!! VF Arena Round Robin Tournament
Online - Xbox Live
Confirmed Attendees: 8
Posted By: Blitzball Champ
Start Date: 20 May 2018 05:00 PM
End Date: 20 May 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
  1. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Hello my fellow VFers! Blitzball Champ here! I would like to first off say thank you to everyone for all of the love and support for VF Arena! 100 episodes in the books! I can't believe! I want to do something special to give back to the VFDC community for the love and support y'all have given me! So mark your calendars for May 20th at 5 PM EST. I will be hosting an online round robin tournament on Xbox Live! This tournament will be sponsored by yours truly, and my special guest with some amazing artwork, PrincessFluff! There will be prizes for the top 3 players. Here is a quick rundown of the rules:

• Round Robin Style, everyone will play everyone
    • Matches are best 2 out of 3
    • Only Loser can change character in a set
    • In case of a DC, players will replay the match and set it back to the score it was previously before the DC, then continue play until there is a winner.
    • Player with the best record by the end of the tournament is declared the champion!

Prizes: 1st place: $100 Amazon Gift Card + Full body picture with color and background of their favorite VF character - @Tricky
    2nd place: $50 Amazon Gift Card + Profile picture with background and color of their favorite VF character - @adamYUKI
    3rd place: $25 Amazon Gift Card + Chibi picture with color and background of their favorite VF character - @Randy Reese

There ya have it. Please RSVP if you can attend so that I can have an accurate headcount. All players are welcomed! If anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to let me know. Thank you very much and I look forward to seeing y'all online in May!

Blitzball Champ

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    ShinyBrentford, Technocrow and oneida like this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'm in

Blitzball Champ likes this.
  3. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I'm in.

4. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    See ya'll the 20th

5. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I'm so in. Only way I'll miss it is if I gotta work that night, but I'll try to request the night off.

edit - Alright, 4 players! I got a chance at top 3.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    adamYUKI likes this.
  6. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Alrighty, we have 7 confirmed so far. One more week to go! Still open for more competitors!

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Count me in mutha fukkaz!

8. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Check in around 4:30 pm.

Jason Elbow likes this.
  9. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    My availability for this day has been freed at the last moment. Count me in.

Kruza

10. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    I got you added

11. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I will be on xbl. Just send an invite when ready and lets get the party started.

12. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Will do

13. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Gonna be online a bit later than i planned. But i should be on around 5:15. If it’s too late, don’t wait for me.

14. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Should be fine.

15. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
  16. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Thanks for hosting @Blitzball Champ. I very much appreciate your efforts in keeping the US VF community alive. Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see it thrive again in the near future.

Shout-out to everyone who participated. I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did, I was more than happy to be everyone's punching bag (y):ninja:

Specific shout-outs to...

@Rodnutz and @adamYUKI - My NYCVF senpais. Thanks for participating, I was very much looking forward to playing the both of you again, however brief it was. It's always a learning experience and I specifically enjoy the challenge of trying to break your still very solid defenses.

@Jacko - I don't think I've played you before, but your Jeffrey is beastly and very fun to play against. I got into a good rhythm early on and almost pulled the upset, but eventually the better player prevailed. Looking forward to playing you more in the future.

@Tricky - Every time I think that I've figured out your tricks, you show me new ones. Always fun and a challenge to play you. Congrats on getting 1st place.

17. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    So good to play with you again Monty. Keep leveling up! You hesitate a little / think too much at the moment - but it's understandable because you haven't played in ages. We'll get you up to speed shortly.

I'll echo Monty's sentiments above: Blitzball, thank you for everything. You and the NY Crew are doing a lot to keep our tiny scene alive. I'm really grateful.

It was great playing everyone. EVERYONE has gotten better from the last time I played (over a year ago at NMTC). Let's keep improving. I don't want to hold out for VF6. As long as we're all leveling up and life circumstances permit, I'll continue to play. I hope some of the other dudes come back and play.

There is still so much to learn in this game. It seems so easy (and some would even say scrubby relative to previous VFs) on the surface, but it does have a steep learning curve if we care to play at a higher level. In this regard, it is in line with the previous games in the series.

18. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    Great games to everyone. A bit of some friendly advice for future events:

If you have 8 or less participants, then I could see a Round Robin working more efficiently. With the amount of participants, even excluding ones that no-showed/left early, we should have ran a double elimination tournament. Would have progressed a bit faster and been easier to run, especially for online.

In the event that you do want to do future Round Robins, which can be fun I admit, and it surpasses 8 participants, it should be one match only instead of 2/3. That also helps to speed things along and run things more smoothly.

All in all, congrats to the top 3 and keep up the good work in keeping this game relevant for players who can’t find a new home with current fighters.

As for my own performance, which I noted that some people felt like “I wasn’t playing like myself”, this is literally my first time back to an online surface for this game since before NMTC, which was well over a year ago lol. Couple that with being off for almost a year offline since NYG last year. No excuses cause I won as well as lost, but even I have to admit I wasn’t quite comfortable. I’ll get my bearings and do better next time :)

19. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    I enjoyed watching that tournament! I wish I could have participated but I have not played vf in a few months. Congratgulations to Tricky(y)

Tricky and Blitzball Champ like this.
  20. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    I enjoyed hosting this! Thank you for playing! I don't get to see too much Kage, so it was good that you provided that!

Tricky and oneida like this.