1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[20 May 2018] OVER 100!!! VF Arena Round Robin Tournament (Online - Xbox Live)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Blitzball Champ, Mar 22, 2018.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
OVER 100!!! VF Arena Round Robin Tournament
Online - Xbox Live
Confirmed Attendees: 8
Posted By: Blitzball Champ
Start Date: 20 May 2018 05:00 PM
End Date: 20 May 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
  1. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Thanks a bunch Jacko! Yeah, you are definitely right and I will take this as a lesson learned. I am not too keen on running round robin tournaments, so I do apologize that it wasn't 100% up to par as it should have been. So, 8 or less is a good number? I will keep that in mind, but you can never go wrong with the easy to set up Dbl Elim tournament. I appreciate this advice very much and I hope to be able to run more tournaments in the future. I would really love to do something similar to what @Chief_Flash did someday!

Jacko, adamYUKI and Tricky like this.
  2. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Bro, I must say, your defense and footsies are INSANE!!!!! You know how to pick your shots well and I felt like almost every hit you got on me were counter hits. I really hope to play against you more for the experience and to better my decision making! Really thankful that you were a part of this tournament just as much as meeting you in person!

adamYUKI and Tricky like this.
  3. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    I am glad you were entertained. Hope to have more tournaments in the future, and you gotta be in them next time ok?

Tricky likes this.
  4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Nice tournament, Blitzball Champ! I had fun in it while it lasted. Very good competition and talent in it for sure. It made for some exciting matches all around.

It got hectic over here during the evening hours, so I was in and out of Twitch chat room. Then I eventually remained completely out of Twitch chat room during the dinner time hours. I was truly lucky to be able to participate in this tourney yesterday considering what was going on.

At any rate, using the party was a very good idea for organizing such a tournament like this. Unfortunately I couldn't say anything while in there, so there was no way for me to provide any commentary or insight about the matches I watched or participated in even if I wanted to. If only my HORI stick had a mic port.

Kruza

Tricky likes this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Hi All, sorry I've been slacking on my post-tournament write-ups. Really great times were had last night and I'm so happy everyone participated. It was a lot of fun getting to fight so many different styles in one night and to have the stage changes happen each match too.

Huge thanks to @Blitzball Champ for hosting this over 100 events. It took a lot of patience to run a round robin format and to stream every single match too. Really dedication to you and your effort to keep the online community alive. I love knowing each week I have some people to play during a designated time of the week. Sometimes I forget to show up, but when I remember I'm always happy to realize I can play VF.

@adamYUKI it's always a pleasure getting to fight you and chat about the game via text. I've grown so much from our conversations and your insights about my gameplay and the gameplay of others. TrickyFlowStyle (tm) for life!

@SNAKE BOSS, I find it hilarious that we DK during our sets. The OG disconnector himself. Your voice is perfect for commendation and you are a great foil to my Eileen. Always fun to play you and watch you get stronger over the years.

@Kruza, your Aoi is the one that taught me the match-up and is who I hold other Aoi's against. I think our sets made me most salty, which is the highest compliment I can honestly give. Keep making me salty.

@Oioron, man great games as always. You learned how to deal with my triple mid-string and I'm proud of you for making that adjustment. It let me use the next level of tricks :). Your basics are so solid that I have to be careful with you. If I get caught for sloppy play, you're always there to punish it hard.

@Jacko , It was great playing you at the last tournament and getting to run an FT10 that ran to the wire with your Sarah. I feel like you always push my play to the limit and force me to adjust faster and not get hit by a super damaging Jacko Damage Combo. Your yomi is always such a threat and you're really creative in your playstyle.

@Jason Elbow, I know you will still keep talking trash but that's okay. That lion is so annoying and I love smacking his teeth in. That said, great fight and a good attempt at spanking my Eileen. Remember, I will always have more tricks in my bag for you. This isn't even my final form. Never have you back to the wall against me, it's a death sentence.

@Randy Reese, Brad is my least favorite character in the game, I see him and just see red. I wish I had more practice fighting him so I'd be less afraid of the match-up that I'm glad you're still around to hold it down with him. Really great sets and truly pressured me to play my best and adjust faster than I wanted to.

Advice to all the players, don't think I'll ever run out of tricks. There are an infinite amount of tricks in my bag with Eileen and you will never know them all. You figure one trick out, but there are five more ready to come at you next. The key is to not get put in the situation, to begin with, because once I've got my hands on you, I have an option to beat every tool at your disposal. The key to beating Eileen is to not get yourself in a bad position to start with. Especially when I'm at a sliver of health.

Everyone's gotten so much better over the years and I'm happy to see the level of play of the community continue to grow stronger.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Kruza, Cmoney, leftylizard and 5 others like this.
  6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    MadeManG74 and Tricky like this.
  7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Congrats on your win Trick Trick. Didn't know Eileen had such execellent side wall harassment! I learned a lot from our matches. Ill see you again..

Tricky likes this.
  8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Wow it had been so long that I forgot how to use my stick. I still feel like an idiot for locking the buttons all the while thinking I was unlocking them hahahaha!

I really had a lot fun but was reminded very quickly that coming back to online VF takes some time. Jumping on and going right into a tournament without a few matches is not the way to go. You expect the game to feel natural and move fluid but it just doesn’t. There were so many times I was trying to do DLC but due to latency the move that would come out was got K+GP. All good though... still lots of fun.

Thanks @Blitzball Champ, NYC VF guys and any others for hosting and keeping VF alive. I can’t promise it but I will try to engage in these events a tiny bit more of time permits.

Speaking of time to reiterate what a few have already said; round robin is not the way to go if you have more than 8 people. Believe me I wanted to stay but I just couldn’t. If people didn’t drop out that tourney would have easily gone up to 11PM EST or longer. Moving forward please make it double elimination!

In closing, how the hell did y’all let that scrub @Tricky win? Christ! I’m disappointed! Tricks??? He has no tricks! Just maul him and be done with it. Now I’m mad at myself for not staying. ****!!!!! Looks like operation “ I’m only here to make sure Tricky doesn’t win! “ is about to commence once again.

9. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Thanks again for coming out, and yes, advice well taken. The next one will be dbl elimination for sure.

10. Tricky

lmfao. I'm ready for that lame ass Akira. Come get it and try to be that wall.

Rodnutz and adamYUKI like this.
  11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yeah I agree, we all must stop Tricky! Lol

Tricky likes this.
  12. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Trick Trick, you made yourself a target! You did this to yourself!

Tricky likes this.
  13. Tricky

I been a target for years. Might as well have a #1 next to my name while it happens.

14. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Might as well wear a #1 headband. Like on some Afro Samurai type shit aye?! Lol.

Tricky likes this.
  15. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Ok I know I've been away since 2012 but I'm ready to ft10 someone and see where I stand. I wanna play the best, so Tricky I guess that means you since I dont think GT still plays. Do you accept? I"ll be playing Lion. You can play whoever you want but I really want a piece of your Eileen which I believe is your main? Blitz if you wanna host it that's fine. Or Tricky if you have recording equipment you can as well.

Next friday or saturday i should be free. June 1st or June 2nd. U can pick which day and time. If these days don't work for you or Blitz then the following weekend perhaps? Or even a Sunday would work for me (if Im not scheduled that day that is). This will be on xbox online of course. Let's do this! I got a ton of practice ahead of me so lemme know asap Tricky if your down to take my old rusty Lion on so I can train up for you, Rocky style.

If Tricky declines i'll ft10 anyone else willing to step up. I don't discriminate the ass whoopins I give out lol.

Jason Elbow, Oioron, Tricky and 2 others like this.
  16. Tricky

Let’s Fing Go! I could do Friday night after work or Saturday during the afternoon. If blitz can host that’d be best for sure.

TexasLion likes this.
  17. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Hell yeah! So let's see if Blitzball Champ is even available one of those days to stream this. If not I guess we'll postpone it until he can, unless someone else can do it. We'll see.

Man I got a ton of practice to do. I don't think I've ever even played against an Eileen player in VF5FS. At least none I remember. This is gonna be an uphill battle for me thats for sure lol. I love it though!

adamYUKI likes this.
  18. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    As far as availablility, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays in the evenings are best for me to set up.

19. Tricky

Could we do it on a Wednesday night?

Blitzball Champ likes this.
  20. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Actually I can do Wednesday night on the 6th. Does that work for you guys?