1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

25th Anniversary

Discussion in 'General' started by SNAKE BOSS, Dec 2, 2018.

1. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. It has been a long time since I have made a thread. Since it is Virtua Fighter's 25th anniversary tomorrow on December 3rd, I figured I would make this thread since no one has. Yes it has been 25 years tomorrow since the first Virtua Fighter came out in arcades. One of the best fighting game series ever made that we love and would like to see continue.

So I was thinking of celebrating this massive achievement in a game we love by having a online tournament on xbl. With VF Arena being the stream provider. Also having special guest commentators come in. If anyone is interested in this then feel free to post below. Because without you this will not happen. Also we can have prizes. If anyone wants to donate any prizes then you are welcome to. Any gift cards or any game codes that you might have laying around are all welcome. It is up to you guys for this tournament to happen.

Another thing I wanted to say is this thread is also for people who want to share how Virtua Fighter impacted you. So feel free to share your stories, how you got into Virtua Fighter and most memorable moments.

I can start. One of my memorable moments is probably my debut at NYG 9. Where the myth, the legend became real. Lol. That made me want to stay with the community and evolve my game. There are many good moments that I had with this game and community. I thank you for that.

So that is it for now. Post, reply and share. The thread is open to all. Even if the future of Virtua Fighter is unknown we can still support it and keep it going. Because it is still one of the best and most satisfying and skilled fighters of all time. In my view. Happy 25th Anniversary.

Sonic The Fighters and joanot like this.
  2. joanot

joanot Well-Known Member

PSN:
    joanot
    XBL:
    joanovic
    I still remember seeing VF for first time at my local arcade next to my school back in 1994, I was 16 then :coffee:, my mind was blown by those 3D graphics but I didnt really give it much attention after the first shock, I was more into SNK & Capcom 2D fighters back then.

Fast forward to 2002; Sega releases Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2 and my mind was blown away again but this time it wasnt the graphics that impressed me the most...it was the gameplay, the mechanics, the rewarding feeling of progression mastering a charachter & the unparalleled design balance. VF4 ruined other fighters for me.

Ive been hooked to this series since then :)

Happy 25th anniversary VF :holla:

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    It was 2005, I was relatively new to fighting games. I already spent the last year mashing with friends with the timeless SCII and the regrettable Tekken 5/SCIII, but I wanted to learn a different game. At the pile that is Tekken Zaibatsu I saw a recommendation for VF4:Evo. My gaming group wasn't that into VF unfortunately but I found a cool time sink to deal with heavy shit in my life, as messing in around and testing shit in dojo was a good distraction. By the time I transferred to a different college, VF5 dropped and I started playing at local gatherings and many cool people. When studying abroad I managed to play a fair amount of VF5FS (but the version before the one we know, with the multiple bound wall combos). My studies/living and working abroad took priority after that, but now with the upcoming global economic meltdown, climate change fueled natural disasters becoming more prevalent, numerous nations are becoming reactionary hellholes, etc... when I'm not slaving for a wage or politically agitating people: I find that messing around in this old game series is a marginally adequate distraction from the impending doom that the next few decades just might unleash on life on this planet! :LOL::ROTFL:;)

Play VF and try to unionize your workplace.